8 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

@Ngoc Nguyen, as in you mean it destroys Lego?  :laugh:

I mean it transport things along conveyor belts, which is essentially the same thing as what GBC is about. 42055 is itself a kind of GBC, but this time it's Great Boulder Contraption :wink:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On 6/5/2018 at 5:20 PM, Maaboo35 said:

What?! *huh* 42004 was the set that got me back into Technic, way back in March 2013 (okay, so not that way back, but still). What's not to like? It's got so many functions and you can do much with it. Best small Technic set ever in my opinion. :sadnew:

I like 42004 B - model more than  A - model, but it is just my opinion :wink:

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I like 42004 B - model more than  A - model, but it is just my opinion :wink:

Out of the excellent A, B and C models that can be made with 42004, I can't pick a favourite!

52 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Out of the excellent A, B and C models that can be made with 42004, I can't pick a favourite!

I like small models, and B - model - telehandler has almost same functionalities as 8295 set

47 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I like small models, and B - model - telehandler has almost same functionalities as 8295 set

Minus the front jacks, four-wheel steering, PF capability, and, er, actual telescopic boom. :grin:

No, but seriously, you're right. Plus it looks and works better. :thumbup:

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Plus it looks and works better. :thumbup:

Yes it is simple and functional 

If history is to repeat itself, next year we will have a less-than-stellar lineup. I'd venture a guess that next year flagship is another Uwe-ish, RC, with big wheels. Maybe 8x8 Terrain Adventure Truck with only drive and steer.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If history is to repeat itself, next year we will have a less-than-stellar lineup. I'd venture a guess that next year flagship is another Uwe-ish, RC, with big wheels. Maybe 8x8 Terrain Adventure Truck with only drive and steer.

Or they’ll come out of left field, hit up Mercedes again and slam us with another bestseller like the Arocs and Unimog

11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'd venture a guess that next year flagship is another Uwe-ish, RC, with big wheels. Maybe 8x8 Terrain Adventure Truck with only drive and steer. 

If it has nice traction, suspension and off-road capabilities, and the RC is provided by PU elements, I'm not complaining. The 42065 also only drives and steers, and IMO it's a great fun model and parts pack.

Beside rough terrain cranes and mobile cranes, are there any other types of machinery that have huge undercarriages and superstructure? Like, rough terrain wheeled excavator, rough terrain telehandler or something.  I'm thinking about possible candidates for the next big thing, probably in 2020, bigger than the next supercar. And possible machines that will use the gear quadrants.

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Beside rough terrain cranes and mobile cranes, are there any other types of machinery that have huge undercarriages and superstructure? Like, rough terrain wheeled excavator, rough terrain telehandler or something.  I'm thinking about possible candidates for the next big thing, probably in 2020, bigger than the next supercar. And possible machines that will use the gear quadrants.

Independent tracked excavator ala Volvo Sfinx?

Probably not the gear quadrants though haha

How about a truck and one of those windmill turbine self-steering trailers?

Edited by Bartybum

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Independent tracked excavator ala Volvo Sfinx?

Probably not the gear quadrants though haha

Doesn't look likely to have 4100 ish pieces either

However if TLG is to make a tracked excavator with multidirectional gearbox and all 6 basic functions motorized: 3 functions of arm, rotation, linked tracks, outriggers linked with blade, then maybe it can be in a scale of 42082.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Doesn't look likely to be have 4100 ish pieces either

Yeah true that. I’d prefer them to do it in the scale of the 42081 prototypes.

Or maybe this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe not the next big thing, but can definitely be big (3000+ pieces) and can totally use the gear quadrants. Add a bunch of system parts to make a open mine and maybe it will go past 4100.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Question - why does always be big set with 4000 pieces to be interesting? Perhaps smaller set like 8274 would be more interesting...and TLC has CLAAS license...?

For me the size of a set has little to do with its interestingness. Just speculating what TLG will spin out next.

Since I "play" with LEGO Technic about 40 years with some dark ages due to other responsibilities (which could not be neglected) I have "found out" that mostly playable are sets with size of forklift truck to rally car. Intentionally I have chosen examples from this year

I wish Lego re-released some old set every year alongside new sets, of course.

Also we haven't seen tricycle and motorcycle with side car attached for 25 years!

Edited by Yevhen

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Manitou Telehandler? That uses the same ish bottom.

IMO it is time for a full pneumatic and yellow backhoe flagship again with 10 big cylinders + motor driven compressor with big claas tyres back and new small claas type tyres front with fake engine, pendular suspension and flashing orange light on top.

2018 is an unusual year in which neither Markus nor Uwe designed a major set. The (probably) only set by Uwe this year is 42077, which feels like a mini 42056. I don't think it took him much time to make that set. Markus did the 42078 trailer and 42079. Nothing major. 

So I think they're both working on things bigger. Especially Uwe. I hope that 2019 2H flagship, if turned out to be another RC by Uwe, wouldn't turn out like 42070. Or maybe next flagship is a proper backhoe :wub:

7 hours ago, Interceptor said:

IMO it is time for a full pneumatic and yellow backhoe flagship again with 10 big cylinders + motor driven compressor with big claas tyres back and new small claas type tyres front with fake engine, pendular suspension and flashing orange light on top.

I think I just had an aneurysm reading that in one sentence lmao. But god damn yes that would be beautiful. I wonder whether that would require an XL to run the compressor fast? Also I imagine it would be hella expensíf, so I could go without a flashing light.

OH and before I forget, I wanna see Lego announce a partnership with Nooteboom or Scheuerle.

Edited by Bartybum