9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

at least until Bella Macchina broke (has some mechanical failure) :laugh:

I spend a lot of time on a swedish motorcycle forum, the general consensus is that italian bikes are the most fun to ride, but they're not the most reliable.
If you want good old solid quality you buy japanese, it may not be the most fun bike but you know it'll keep going and going and going and going... :laugh:
I've owned an italian bike and it was a real piece of art, riding it was amazing but it had it's mechanical kinks for sure, never had such problems with the 5 japanese bikes I've owned, although none of them have given me as much joy..

2 hours ago, degenerate said:

I spend a lot of time on a swedish motorcycle forum, the general consensus is that italian bikes are the most fun to ride, but they're not the most reliable.
If you want good old solid quality you buy japanese, it may not be the most fun bike but you know it'll keep going and going and going and going... :laugh:
I've owned an italian bike and it was a real piece of art, riding it was amazing but it had it's mechanical kinks for sure, never had such problems with the 5 japanese bikes I've owned, although none of them have given me as much joy..

Well my grandfather had Zundapp ks750 and that was something

Sorry for too much off-topic

Edited by I_Igor

On 25.1.2018 at 7:27 PM, degenerate said:

there's nothing better than an Italian vehicle  :laugh:

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

at least until Bella Macchina broke (has some mechanical failure) :laugh:

We can still speculate, wish and dream for a few days... What Italian cars are in the Speed Champions series? Ferrari 458 Italia GT2, Ferrari LaFerrari, Ferrari FXX K, F1 car, ...

I would give a sh..t about any mechanical failures, similar to the tremendous technical issues in the 42056, if it would be one of the mentionned above :sweet:! Of course any of them has a chance, at least in red color, so I´ll keep building my own :wink:.

At January 31st Nuremberg toy fair starts so we will know what is hiding behing 42083 set number. (probably car...)

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

At January 31st Nuremberg toy fair starts so we will know what is hiding behing 42083 set number. (probably car...)

There's still a chance they won't reveal it there at all though, as they've chosen to only display H1 sets at other toy fairs.

3 minutes ago, degenerate said:

There's still a chance they won't reveal it there at all though, as they've chosen to only display H1 sets at other toy fairs.

Well that is also a possibility...

I would like to add my thoughts about set 42083.
Lego also has a license for Ford. They already made a modern Mustang and an F-150 Raptor. They also have a 2016 and a 1966 Ford GT set avaible

The leaked catalog showed there will be a 1968 Mustang and the official dutch Ford site state there will be a new mustang in 2018. (That's 50 years later, same as with the GT set.)
The official english Ford site also state there will be a new Ranger in 2019.

So I'm hoping set 42083 is a Ford Mustang or a Ford Ranger :sweet:

Has anyone here ever suggested the idea of Steampunk themed sets for Technic? If you think about it, the genre's inventive, tinkering thematic concepts kind of are a perfect fit for the theme. :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Has anyone here ever suggested the idea of Steampunk themed sets for Technic? If you think about it, the genre's inventive, tinkering thematic concepts kind of are a perfect fit for the theme. :shrug_oh_well:

Steampunk themed (and Technic) sets tend not to do too well on the Ideas site :cry_sad:

Edited by LucyCol
Spelling

1 minute ago, LucyCol said:

Steampunk themed (and Technic) sets tend not to do too well on the Ideas site :cry_sad:

Yes, I know, that's true for the most part. But there have been a few projects that have gained some significant headway, including this one: *

Steampunk Battleship by A. Graham LEGO Design

Spoiler

4483050-o_1bitkp1si100seliraepc01bt7j-hC

But I should mention, the Steampunk genre has not tested well as a playtheme according to @Nabii (a.k.a. Lego designer Mark Stafford) in this post of his:sad:

P.S. You'll get a lot more results on Ideas for the genre if you search "Steampunk" instead of "steam Punk".

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But I should mention, the Steampunk genre has not tested well as a playtheme according to @Nabii (a.k.a. Lego designer Mark Stafford) in this post of his:sad:

Interesting

P.S. You'll get a lot more results on Ideas for the genre if you search "Steampunk" instead of "steam Punk".

Yes I realised after I went back and did another search.

Thanks 

7 hours ago, Paul B said:

After building the B model of 42078, I would LOVE more rubbish trucks. They have such great features and people can relate to them.

And LEGO models don't stink :laugh:

7 hours ago, Paul B said:

After building the B model of 42078, I would LOVE more rubbish trucks. They have such great features and people can relate to them.

Well after 41 years TLG finally made one so I think you can expect another one in 41 years.

Actually, we have a rubbish truck since 1992, with the 8868-B. Even earlier if you count one of the 8020's models as a rubbish truck (the one in the bottom middle):

brickpicker_set_8020-1_6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How you manage to categorize 8868 B in garbage trucks in beyond my comprehension.

Why? What do you think it is?

8868A+B_1.jpg

Erm appearance-wise it doesn't look like a garbage truck and function-wise it doesn't work like a garbage truck, even a front loader one. 

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Erm appearance-wise it doesn't look like a garbage truck and function-wise it doesn't work like a garbage truck, even a front loader one. 

So, what do you think it is?

With that open bed I'd categorize it into hauler or tipper truck. At least not civiian garbage truck.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

With that open bed I'd categorize it into hauler or tipper truck.

The open bed is because we didn't have panels at the time. I reckon it's supposed to be closed.

Brickset calls it a Materials Handler :laugh: And this review does too, so I reckon that was the official name.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/78325-pictorial-review-8868-air-tech-claw-rigmaterials-handler/

We had discussion about this set 5 years ago here...

Does garbage count as material?! :laugh:

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

We had discussion about this set 5 years ago here...

I just edited my post with that link hehe.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Does garbage count as material?! :laugh:

I just edited my post with that link hehe.

Sorry, I was to slow, but at least we did not argue about that :laugh: