26 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Was the original micromotor high torque?

To be honest, I don't know. I highly doubt anything that size can be high torque. There's not much room for gearing up or down. 

Yes the micromotor have quite high torque (esp. given its size) and very low rpm (1,6 Nm and 35 rpm; M-motor 11 Nm/400 rpm). It is not enough to drive loaded LA, but for mLA without load, PF switch etc. it is ok

3 hours ago, IA creations said:

Resting in pieces of Lego would  hurt :laugh:

I've  done that before, it doesn't hurt me.

Worse, it tends to get jammed if used with a too high torque. That's why it's "normal" use is with a rubberish special pulley that can slip on knob (and the rubber band can slip on wheel), limiting torque.

While it appears (on the outside) that there is no room for gearing ... it does in fact have have a planetary single-stage gear reduction.

I'd be happy if 42083 is a new supercar and it's a Bugatti Chiron or a Mercedes-AMG GT R. 

Also, this "Corvette C8" is just an unofficial concept car.

See the source image

Anyway, I've seen the micromotor used for decorations, like a mini non-working turret.  

IF 42083 is a supercar there is no way it's going to be a Corvette, because there's not a single person outside of the US who thinks of supercar when they hear Corvette.

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

IF 42083 is a supercar there is no way it's going to be a Corvette, because there's not a single person outside of the US who thinks of supercar when they hear Corvette.

But it has tradition like Porsche 911, not as famos but it is recognizable all over the world :wink:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

But it has tradition like Porsche 911, not as famos but it is recognizable all over the world :wink:

True, the Corvette is iconic and recognizable, but it doesn't have a single ounce of that wow-factor, something you'd expect if you're gonna blow around 300 euro on on a box filled with plastic pieces  :laugh:

15 hours ago, degenerate said:

True, the Corvette is iconic and recognizable, but it doesn't have a single ounce of that wow-factor, something you'd expect if you're gonna blow around 300 euro on on a box filled with plastic pieces  :laugh:

I agree, but wow-effect believe or not comes from sports results. Example are Ferrari or Porsche; for decades it is the same moto: race (win) on Sunday, sell on Monday

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I agree, but wow-effect believe or not comes from sports results. Example are Ferrari or Porsche; for decades it is the same moto: race (win) on Sunday, sell on Monday

I actually don’t believe that.

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

I actually don’t believe that.

You should follow classic car races, and read books about mentioned manufacturers (of course do not forget Mercedes with W194-W196 and their road version W198), so you'll see that most people are fans of those cars because of their history (what we call tradition), and they all have history - of racing :wink:

Without racing (and wins) they would not be "iconic". 

Sorry for (too much) off-topic

Edited by I_Igor

You might be right about that :thumbup: 

50 minutes ago, Jim said:

You might be right about that :thumbup: 

Thanks buddy :classic:

When do you guys think it will be announced? 42083 that is. I'm inclined to speculate that it will be the Chiron, but I think I would like an Aventador in Bright Green. I don't think Lego has done a car in the colour (of a larger size that is). 

Picking up the Porsche today and Bricklinked all of the parts to the Aston Martin by Dugald and the Ford GT by Lux so I'll have a nice collection started!

12 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

I don't think Lego has done a car in the colour (of a larger size that is). 

The 24 Hours Race Car came in bright green and is quite large!

15 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

When do you guys think it will be announced? 42083 that is. I'm inclined to speculate that it will be the Chiron, but I think I would like an Aventador in Bright Green. I don't think Lego has done a car in the colour (of a larger size that is). 

Picking up the Porsche today and Bricklinked all of the parts to the Aston Martin by Dugald and the Ford GT by Lux so I'll have a nice collection started!

My guess is we'll have a much better idea of what it is at the end of the month after the Nürnberg toy fair.

I spoke with one of our sellers today who's going there, asked him to take a look at the technic stuff if he had the chance, he couldn't make any promises though.

2 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The 24 Hours Race Car came in bright green and is quite large!

Ah you're right. I guess I was thinking "licensed supercar for the road". Forgot about it. 

2 minutes ago, LvdH said:

An Aventador is quite an old car, makes more sense they release something more recent. And, according to @degenerate, it's an existing license from speed champions.

Yeah as I hit submit I realized that the car is older and TLG probably wouldn't go for it assuming they want to start a new trend of supercars. Maybe a McLaren Senna? Just hoping they stick with the scale of 1:8. 

6 hours ago, LvdH said:

An Aventador is quite an old car, makes more sense they release something more recent. And, according to @degenerate, it's an existing license from speed champions.

Um, the Aventador S from 2017, you must have forgotten. Anyway, I think we should just wait.

With the suggestion that the upcoming 42080 set could be a sequal in the "Technic UCS" series that the 42056 started, I dream of a sedan like car on a similar scale as the brilliant Subaru Impreza that Pipasseyoyo designed a while ago: To me this is still one of the best MOC supercars out there, its functions, scale, proportions and bodywork are simply stunning. I would love to see TLG take on a car like this.

dscn0729.jpg

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Whatever it is, I hope it's 4wd with selectable drive modes such as 2wd/4wd/diff lock and so on to add some mechanical technicery (I made a new word, not as good as technofunctionomical though!) in a nice dark tasteful colour, NOT ORANGE OR PURPLE lol, plus all the new parts I've already mentioned many times!

2017-Ram-3500-02.jpg

b6b994e7b8f7934ec91212e570c7adb0.jpg

BTW, would a box that's longer than 42056 indicate the need to display a model that has a longer wheelbase such as the examples posted above?! :laugh:

Edited by allanp

4 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

...the upcoming 42080 set...

You probably meant 42083 :wink: ?

So guys, let´s speculate! There is nothing we can be sure about, BUT we can summarize some indications which were issued in the other topic and reflect about some reasonable assumptions based on that:

-          the TLC designers told that there definitely will be a continuation of the Ultimate Collector Series which started by the 42056 Porsche 2 years ago

-          therefore it´s logical that the mysterious 42083 set can have something similar in it – let´s say another supercar in 1:8 scale

-          there were some hints about the replication of one of the little Speed Champions cars, for which the license is already there and / or has to be expanded in some way

-          the age +16 on the box is the same

-          we have seen supercar releases every 2 years in the past (sorry, but the Rally car doesn´t count)

My wild guess is the AMG GT3 (!):

lego-mercedes-amg-gt3-set-75877-15-2.jpg

video-mercedes-amg-gt-gt3-caught-testing

One plausible reason could be: the new dark grey panels used e.g. in the Mack Anthem 42078 are being produced cost efficient in vast numbers. Why not building a whole supercar in DBG?

Of course the Speed Champions series features a long row of other great supercars and IMO all of them would be great to see in an official Technic version. But I think we can exclude the red Ferraris and orange McLaren, the white Porsche as well.

So which one do you think could make it into the stores and onto the collector´s shelves?

Edited by brunojj1