Just now, allanp said:

I'm not so sure the next "UCS" technic set will even be a supercar of any kind seeing as we had the Porsche recently...

Interesting thought and I would love for you to be right :thumbup: 

A friend of mine actually said that once about a similar car :laugh: (facepalm)

But I am talking about the C8. Maybe they will make it yellow, to avoid the Ferrari look-a-like issue.
(although each first new Ferrari is made in yellow)

546b4bcfc9585_-_cdb100114corvettezora_im

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

That's a nice Ferrari.

It's the new one. TLG is making a big Technic set of this cool new Ferrari :look:

Want me to make a dedicated topic for speculation, guessing, whishing, etc so we can keep it clean here?

Just now, suffocation said:

Mistaking that thing for a Ferrari is like mistaking diarrhoea for chocolate spread.

If it is built out of LEGO Technic, it can easily be mistaken for a Ferrari.

Just now, Jim said:

Want me to make a dedicated topic for speculation, guessing, whishing, etc so we can keep it clean here?

I thought we have one already?

Just now, Jim said:

If it is built out of LEGO Technic, it can easily be mistaken for a Ferrari.

Then it would have to be a very shoddy design.

2 hours ago, suffocation said:

Then it would have to be a very shoddy design.

I think you are overestimating the car knowledge of the average LEGO builder/buyer. The Porsche is easily recognizable, but the C8 doesn't have a lot of features which automatically make it a Corvette.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I thought we have one already?

True, we can use this one:

Let's discuss if further in that topic.

Edit: removed after merge

I think if you're not a car person I think you can be forgiven for thinking the new Corvette is something else. Admittedly I've only seen a few pictures, but it's the most Ferrari Corvette yet.

If only because the engine has moved further back, it doesn't have that long bonnet Corvettes usual have. It looks like a typical supercar in profile. It's nice looking but it doesn't have that Corvette look. 

Back in the day, the TV show 'Miami Vice' stuck a passenger side rearview mirror on a near-stock Corvette (which had only one outside mirror at the time), and a few other cosmetic changes, to make the car look like a Ferrari.

That said, there seems to be an American swing to Technic this year, given we have a Mack truck, so a Corvette would not be unreasonable.

Just now, OGTrout said:

I think if you're not a car person I think you can be forgiven for thinking the new Corvette is something else. Admittedly I've only seen a few pictures, but it's the most Ferrari Corvette yet.

If only because the engine has moved further back, it doesn't have that long bonnet Corvettes usual have. It looks like a typical supercar in profile. It's nice looking but it doesn't have that Corvette look. 

This is exactly my point :thumbup:

Ferraris can be yellow as that’s the colour of Modena. Well yellow and blue to be precise.

i get what everyone means about if the vette ends up mid engined then it may end up generic supercar shaped.

working in the industry I never trust artist impressions as they appear on the internet as I know how wrong they can be.

personally I’d love a Lego technic Bentley (can’t think why :) ) just imagine a W12 technic engine !

Just now, Seasider said:

personally I’d love a Lego technic Bentley (can’t think why :) ) just imagine a W12 technic engine !

Oh, like a Bentley engineer? I feel like you said that...

That would be cool, 8 speed, cabriolet. 

Unless it's the 1963 Corvette I'm not interested :grin:. Yellow is the Ferrari team racing colour where red is the Italian racing colour.

I can't see Lego creating a new colour for the next super car as the Porsche is in stock Lego orange not the lava orange. (so no metallics which makes it hard to make a Mercedes)

I don't think we would get orange again and there have been several blue vehicles lately and the Rally car has blue in it as well (so possible white is out too.)

Red always possible then would have to be a Ferrari. But then every thing apart from the 8880 has been red and the new rough terrain crane is red

Black also a probable also good for American mussel cars but the Mac has a lot of black.

Lime Green could be cool but it would have to be a Lamborghini :laugh:

Yellow is in the running but I hope not never been a fan of Lego yellow on large scale unless it was a crane.

THE supercar of 2018 will be the Mercedes AMG Project One. It is noticed worldwide as a supercar, and the characteristic design with its typical vertical shark fin makes it best for recognition value in Lego technic.

Of Course its also a question of colour, and the typical silver met Mercedes color scheme can t be realized without a new lego silver colored brick.

But my favoured next technic supercar will be the Project One.

I don t believe in a C8 Corvette, because its not really a supercar brand, its more a normal sportscar.

Just now, Bonnier said:

Of Course its also a question of colour, and the typical silver met Mercedes color scheme can t be realized without a new lego silver colored brick.

The 8458 is mostly metallic silver, so it's possible. But that colour scheme would indeed drive the final product's price up quite a bit.

Just now, Bonnier said:

THE supercar of 2018 will be the Mercedes AMG Project One. It is noticed worldwide as a supercar, and the characteristic design with its typical vertical shark fin makes it best for recognition value in Lego technic.

Did you see @Jeroen Ottens's Mercedes AMG GT R? that would be a better choice.

7 minutes ago, Bonnier said:

I don t believe in a C8 Corvette, because its not really a supercar brand, its more a normal sportscar.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

56 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

As sir von Lego said: not often seen in the wild + a brand that is already in the racer theme + abundance of dark azure panels this year --> 42083 = Bugatti Chiron?

Interesting. Black and medium azure. Sexy.

2018-Bugatti-Chiron-125-1-626x383.jpg

I wouldn't say no to this!

If it's a Bugatti Chiron I'd get it without second thoughts. I thought I'd be fed up with supercars after owning 8070, 42056, 42077, but that, that is sexy as hell!

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If it's a Bugatti Chiron I'd get it without second thoughts. I thought I'd be fed up with supercars after owning 8070, 42056, 42077, but that, that is sexy as hell!

Indeed it is. One more, to see the back:

2018-bugatti-chiron-inline1-photo-677662

I may hesitate to spend 300 EUR for the Porsche (and in fact I spent only 240) but that thing I'd be like shut up and take my money

Just now, Jim said:

Indeed it is. One more, to see the back:

About the car, someone got theirs, drove out on the road, and TOTALED IT!maxresdefault.jpg