If it has to be RC, an RC gearbox on a supercar or RC control for pneumatics would be pretty awesome. Point is, i'de like the model to be good even if you removed the RC aspect of it. If you removed the RC element from 8043 you'de still have some pretty complex geartrains at least. If you remove the RC from the crawler, the volvo or the bulldozer you got nothing!

If it has to be RC, an RC gearbox on a supercar or RC control for pneumatics would be pretty awesome. Point is, i'de like the model to be good even if you removed the RC aspect of it. If you removed the RC element from 8043 you'de still have some pretty complex geartrains at least. If you remove the RC from the crawler, the volvo or the bulldozer you got nothing!

I'd actually say that you get nothing out of the crawler to begin with. With 42030 and 8275, you would get a full featured wheel loader and bulldozer, even if they did not have RC. With the crawler, you get nothing. No interior, no engine, unrealistic suspension, and bad steering. I think Lego spent a bit too much time, and made too many sacrifices, to make it kid proof when most likely it would not be kids playing with it. Even as it is, it would still be too easy for a young child to break. So, why even bother? Make it more appealing to older fans, and trust their judgement.

I'd only like to see a flagship supercar if it was designed by NKuipers! :tongue:

I'd actually say that you get nothing out of the crawler to begin with. With 42030 and 8275, you would get a full featured wheel loader and bulldozer, even if they did not have RC. With the crawler, you get nothing. No interior, no engine, unrealistic suspension, and bad steering. I think Lego spent a bit too much time, and made too many sacrifices, to make it kid proof when most likely it would not be kids playing with it. Even as it is, it would still be too easy for a young child to break. So, why even bother? Make it more appealing to older fans, and trust their judgement.

I'd only like to see a flagship supercar if it was designed by NKuipers! :tongue:

As an AFOL only recently getting back in to Lego, the crawler was actually an awesome purchase for me. Despite its lack of Technic functions, it became a great parts donor for colours I did not have, Several PF parts I needed, and gave me an excuse to experiment swapping parts around from set 8466. I had always wanted to motorize 8466 but at the time, motors simply were't strong enough. The crawler (for me) was a nostalgic experience, as I not only enjoyed that set, but relived the excitement I had from building and playing with 8466.

2017 should be interesting! it's the 40th anniversary of Technic and it should be a nice big more teen/adult orientated complex set if the pattern if the previous 6 years are anything to go by.

Yes. They really should give us a 16+ set, because they haven't done it before, and we beg for sets like what I mentioned.

Well, when I say "should", I don't mean they are obliged to do it, but that's how the pattern of the past few years has gone and seeing as it's the 40th anniversary, I just suspect it's gonna be something special. If it's going to top the Arocs, it'll have to be something really really special. What about a one off special to celebrate technics past, a set that is 12 years and up, 3000+ pieces with great new functional parts and with the old school golden era packaging from the late 80's/90's with the blue box and the blueprint of the set in the background and the flip up lid to see all the parts inside, just as a one off or a limited edition. It would be a new supercar as a homage to the original auto chassis which started it all. Other second half sets could include a helicopter, a tractor and a forklift (just like the original 1977 line up), all with special edition versions. #daydreamer!

Edited by allanp

How about this?

I would say UCS Technic (Ultimate Collector's Series)

:)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

They could do a tribute of the 853 car chasis, made with modern beams and parts but with the original colours, and call it

CAR CHASSIS HOMAGE

:laugh: for 40th anniversary they will bring back the technic figure.

That would be EPIC , too.

But I don't think that it will happen.

Edited by Kaanere

"LEGO Technic 16+"... oh it looks really weird)

How about Technic 18+ "looks both ways awkwardly"

How about Technic 18+

I don't think that is going to work,have you gone through the topics in the past from over eighteens asking for help simply because they put the differential the wrong way around?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Really?

I built the 42030 and accidentally put one of them in backward, and did i frantically ask message boards for help? no, i calmly disassembled the past ten minutes of building, flipped the rear diff and calmly resumed building

Honestly some people really lack common sense.

BTW i was only joking with the 18+ comment, relating it to an R movie or something.

Regarding my LDD update wish...

It is a bit puzzling that even common PF parts are missing but I have no clue of when it was first launched or how frequently it was updated so I don't know if a 3 years hiatus is kind of normal.

If it has to be RC, [...] RC control for pneumatics would be pretty awesome. [...]

That would indeed be awesome, and with the release of the "V2" pneumatics, I think if we're ever going to see RC pneumatic valves, now will be the time. Unfortunately, I highly doubt we'll ever see such parts from TLG.. but here's to hoping! :thumbup:

It is a bit puzzling that even common PF parts are missing [...]

That has been one of my biggest issues with LDD since I started using it quite a long time ago!

However, having used LDcad a lot lately, I don't think I'll ever go back to LDD! LDcad does all the things I wished that LDD would do, and it has the complete LDraw library of parts, including unofficial ones

Really?

I built the 42030 and accidentally put one of them in backward, and did i frantically ask message boards for help? no, i calmly disassembled the past ten minutes of building, flipped the rear diff and calmly resumed building

Honestly some people really lack common sense.

I did this mistake as well. I've read about this mistake before, so I suspected I had put one of the diffs the wrong way, though.

I like the heavy equipment, so I think a large cable shovel along the lines of the Mountaineer or Captain would be kind of cool, especially if it was R/C. A retro set along the lines of 8858 perhaps set up as a huge diesel generator set incorporating a transmission of sorts might be fun, too.

A forwarder would offer a nice level of playability, but perhaps a bit too similar to 42043.

A road grader would be nice, as would a remake of 8455 or a truck with forklift.

Yo, just bumping this topic to remind folks that we have a wishlist topic, and this is it. So if you see someone in a purely speculation thread posting something that is merely a wish it might be helpful to redirect them here do you think?

Sure thing!

There's a thin line between speculation and wish list :cry_sad:

I would really like a licenced tractor, with well known names in Canada/USA, such as a John Deere or Case. The Claas is peaking my interest, but I'm not too familiar with the company. In general more tractors would be fantastic.