A flasghsip RC tractor with a trailer. The trailer could use the new tumbler wheels. Also might have a pneumatic arm or smillar?

Motorbikes please. Or some interesting equipment on tracks like a new crawler crane, a bucket wheel excavator or a stone crusher (which could sort bricks according to size).

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I've been thinking on this for a little while now, and I would love to see a working machine, that can produce something. Nico71's braiding machine is a great example of the type of thing. But, how about a working loom? Or a universal set that could make a number of machines for spinning, through to braiding or weaving? A Lego production line.

Failing the ability to actually produce product, a range of scale industrial machines; lathe, milling machine, pillar drill, press. They could offer a good range of set sizes, and scale them to match up with forklifts and transport trucks.

Let's get Lego showing how products are manufactured, as well as the finished articles.

I guess vehicles are more popular among small boys to play with, I'm keen on them too... here's my wishlist:

- a low-floor bus, or just any serious bus, there's never been one in the Technic line

- 8855 prop plane remake, with realistic non-PF functions like in this Spitfire

- an EV3 puppy that would walk, sit, scratch an ear, maybe pee :tongue:

- Terex RH400 as flagship model would rock too

- Komatsu WA1200-6 minifig scale with the 42030 bucket

- a fire truck... but I'd want one that can pump water and TLG would never do that

As for RC/PF, what I'd REALLY love to see is a new generation of FAST motors, something like the RC Buggy motors but smaller and less power-hungry, and if they'd be faster and/or stronger even better, but power efficiency and size/weight would be more of a concern to me. I'm kinda expecting this will happen sooner from a crowd-funded project than from TLG. SBrick has set a good example on that.

Also, non-Technic:

- the International Space Stations, we need inspiration for the next generations!

ok, time to wind it up for 2016! I'm starting on my wish list...

• A floating Technic boat hull, or at least a bigger one. Ideally an extendible one, the old style bow/stern/middle stuff was great. Probably not PF because water+TLG official models is not going to work. Maybe a floating crane?
  • I think it's time for another "pick up the thing" truck, like 8868 and 42024 (Container Truck). Either a front bin using forks or a side-loading rubbish truck with a grab. For bigger model, a self-loading container truck, or a straddle carrier.
  • a motorised skid-steer model that doesn't use tracks. Possibly a ride-on lawnmower to avoid problems with rubber tyres gripping shiny floors too hard and making the model problematic for some kids.
  • Another forklift. The longer pneumatics mean we could get decent lift out of a realistic mechanism on this one.
  • a pull-back kit that's not a vehicle. Not sure they've done one ever, but there's got to be something. Even a rotor-launching toy ("Lego you can put an eye out with" has been a thing for while now). Or a roller coaster.
  • A fairground ride. Roller coaster might have to be a major model, but I think a carousel could be done in small or mid scale.
  • Something with lights. Or glow in the dark. Or both. A ghost train wouldn't really fit Technic as a theme, but a Mad Max style "Ghost Rider" car could be fun.
  • A walker. Ideally a pentaped or something tricky, but even a simple 2+2 or 3+3 walker would be cool. 2+2+2 would be cooler.

Edited by Moz

It's not what I want most but for me the most logical with all the new parts would be a big grader, I would prefer a mining shovel and it would use many new parts too.

• A floating Technic boat hull, or at least a bigger one. Ideally an extendible one, the old style bow/stern/middle stuff was great. Probably not PF because water+TLG official models is not going to work. Maybe a floating crane?

Not another crane.....

• I think it's time for another "pick up the thing" truck, like 8868 and 42024 (Container Truck). Either a front bin using forks or a side-loading rubbish truck with a grab. For bigger model, a self-loading container truck, or a straddle carrier.

A Telehandler would be nice.

• a motorised skid-steer model that doesn't use tracks. Possibly a ride-on lawnmower to avoid problems with rubber tyres gripping shiny floors too hard and making the

Unlikely...

• Another forklift. The longer pneumatics mean we could get decent lift out of a realistic mechanism on this one.

That would be nice or a backhoe. :sweet:

• a pull-back kit that's not a vehicle. Not sure they've done one ever, but there's got to be something. Even a rotor-launching toy ("Lego you can put an eye out with" has been a thing for while now). Or a roller coaster.
  • A fairground ride. Roller coaster might have to be a major model, but I think a carousel could be done in small or mid scale.
  • Something with lights. Or glow in the dark. Or both. A ghost train wouldn't really fit Technic as a theme, but a Mad Max style "Ghost Rider" car could be fun.
  • A walker. Ideally a pentaped or something tricky, but even a simple 2+2 or 3+3 walker would be cool. 2+2+2 would be cooler.

Boring. :laugh:

With the obvious investment that went into the new pneumatic system, I am absolutely sure we'll see more pneumatic models in the coming years.

An advanced grader with lots of pneumatic functions would be pretty awesome, but I don't really see TLG going "all in" and releasing a set with 10+ cylinders. I think 8455 was a one off, unique model in that regard. That being said, I hope I am wrong, and they do do it! :classic:

However, I think it is far more likely we'll see a good pneumatic excavator, maybe even wheeled, as that haven't been done in a very long time! Orange? :grin:

<li>a pull-back kit that's not a vehicle. Not sure they've done one ever, but there's got to be something. Even a rotor-launching toy ("Lego you can put an eye out with" has been a thing for while now).

Some clock.

New RC/buggy motors. official smartphone integration for PF.

A buggy motor would truly be great

Missing parts in LDD :sceptic:

I am surpised that they haven't updated the pieces recently.

A buggy motor would truly be great

Not without a long-range, low-latency, precise remote control system. I'm still hoping BLE can be used for that, but so far SBrick didn't quite get the low-latency requirement.

Edited by miguev

I'd like to see a sort of "component" subtheme which features all such as pneumatic engines, gearboxes and modular axles with the aim of both highlighting these analogues to real things, as well as giving builders something to integrate into their own models. The instruction manual could have a few ideas sprinkled throughout. Maybe it could include some of Boulderer's ideas and be a more general "Functional Machines" theme.

For sets, a low-floor bus would be pretty nice. Aside from the usual steering and suspension, pneumatics could be used on the front wheels as a "kneeling device" to lower the front of the bus for improved access (maybe also include an extending wheelchair ramp, but this could be too bulky). The doors are another obvious feature. Building all the seats might be super-repetetive, though. Oh, and I'd want to be able to build it mirrored and have the doors on the left, since I'm in Blighty :B

As for a new boat, I'd be interested in a build with a plank-on-frame hull, but no way is a Technic boat ever gonna float unless there's either some nifty (and reusable!) way to waterproof the hull and propshafts, or TLG takes the easy route and makes a one-piece moulded hull with the propellers already fitted and sealed.

I'm always up for any new Technic aircraft. I'd love to see a flying boat at some point in the future.

I do admit, while cool, cranes and trucks are a bit over done. Some new, interesting, and unique industrial equipment like this Bucket Wheel Excavator

OLNnkE9.jpg

The Saturn 5 Rocket and lunch pad might be cool.

xYuENm1.png

The Mars rover would be really awesome.

I know Lego stays away from any military based models but they would be something cool to see, a tank or a submarine. Not to mention a whole new world or aircraft.

A S-64 Sky Crane would be cool.

I do admit, while cool, cranes and trucks are a bit over done. Some new, interesting, and unique industrial equipment like this Bucket Wheel Excavator

OLNnkE9.jpg

When the singularity hits, let's hope that thing isn't connected. :)

I agree that some sort of walker would be nice.

Failing a remake, an 8455 re-release would be nice, i don't really like the idea of $350+ for a used 850 piece set.