I would like a yellow construction machine based on previous years releases... :innocent2:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I would like a yellow construction machine based on previous years releases... :innocent2:

LOL!!!! My sides hurt now! Ha!

You should warn people before posting things such as that, I almost sprayed my laptop with my mouth full of water :(

LOL!!!! My sides hurt now! Ha!

You should warn people before posting things such as that, I almost sprayed my laptop with my mouth full of water :(

:laugh:

I was thinking, licenced Lego sets often are designed to celebrate some kind of anniversary or special occasion. The Unimog, The Simpsons house, Ferrari (I assume) are good examples. Most requests in this topic are about actual machines for which TLG will need a licence of the OEM.

My question now is: Are there any interensting jubilees, anniversaries or other occasions this or next year which could lead to licenced Technic sets?

I was hoping the end of the Landrover Defender would spawn an offical set but sadly the reaction to the sheepo's one seems to indicate otherwise....

This year is 80 years of the Citroën Traction Avant.... a nice large classic car done in studless lego wouldn't be amiss...

Edited by Rockbrick

These are some anniversaries and events I can find:

- 100 years since the start of WW1 (not likely due to TLG ethical policy, although the Sopwith Camel is from the same era)

- D-Day 70 years ago (the ethical thing again)

- Fiat 595 Abarth 50th anniversary

- Dodge 100th anniversary

- (2015) Ford Mustang 50th anniversary

- Mazda MX-5 25th anniversary

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R and ZX-10R, Coachman RV, and BMW M5. That's all I got for now.

I don't care about what set as long as it features improved pneumatics, steering or suspension and does not behave like the Unimog.

I want some nice and sleek supercar or some bike.4 years from 8070 is too long to have some new supercar.

Also Im expecting some big set for 2H .

Edited by Ondra

I don't care about what set as long as it features improved pneumatics, steering or suspension and does not behave like the Unimog.

The Unimog is a nice model, but yeah, the steering wasn't optimal. They should try to make new portal axles or something which puts the center of the turn closer to the tire.

Well now that all the 2014 sets have been announced / released is it time to start looking at what 2015 may bring?

Some ideas I have:

- A rubbish truck with a front or side loading arm.

- A boat of some sort.

Any other suggestions?

I don't think we've ever seen a cement truck in Technic before, so that could be another idea.

Dont we already have threads for Technic wishlists, this has absolutely nothing to do with 2015 sets.

I am closing (or merging) this topic in a bit.

Although I do appreciate the enthusiasm, I don't think it's useful or necessary to create a thread for 2015 speculation.

Like Bricktrain said; we already have a wishlist topic. However, I can't find it easily. Maybe someone else can dig up the topic, so we can merge it with this one.

Let's wait with a topic like this until there's a first leak, rumor or glance of a 2015 set. Usually this is somewhere in august or september.

I knew I could count on you :wink:

Thanks!

So let's keep the "I wish for ... speculation" in this topic.

When there's more info than simply "I wish for" we will create a new 2015 topic and unpin the 2014 topic.

We're already in mid august guys ;) i wondering if they gonna continue to create a licensed model every year or if the L350 just was "once in a lifetime" model.

If we look at the construction side, It was a long time ago since we had a regular tractor but they're all so similar and has so simple functions, it was also long time ago since we had a fork lift and this could really be a nice opportunity for them to make some new very long pneumatic cylinders (bring back the pneumatics!) but i rather see something like a mining excavator i.e Terex RH400 as the flagship, but i wouldnt mind a forest machine either i.e a licensed John Deere.

For a small sized model i welcome a excavator and/or a wheel loader, since theres so many of them in big versions.

So, for flagship: mining excavator or a forest machine.

For mid size model: a fork lift.

For a small model: a excavator or wheel loader

Lego probably won't ever do this again, but I would love to see a universal set. Instead of 2 models, there would be instructions for 4 or 5 models. They were great back in the day for mocing. Very few specific parts, the rest were generic.