A cement truck would be nice. I know there's one in the City theme, but I don't think we've ever had one in Technic before.

something new and completely different - why does it always have to be another back hoe, excavator or super car....

something for girls maybe ...technic friends... --- automatic PF pony and dog walker...

KIDDING

just KIDDING

a nice 6 wheel PinzGauer or Tatra would do me fine.... but please less yellow....

Maybe a new franchise ?

They've done Ferrari, Mercedes, Volvo, Lamborghini (?)

What else ?

I'd love a new bike with a franchise behind it, like a flagship Ducatti or something.

Mclaren 650s

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/mclaren-650s-fully-dressed-as-a-p1-virtual-tuning_1.jpg

H

Id like a fire truck in the scale of 8258

Yes please.

H

Something blue.

H

I really hope for a new space shuttle. It's been so long since 8480 was released.

According to me, Lego only designs new Technic sets based on contemporary machines. Though I would love classic cars, planes, trucks and other "old' stuff, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm affraid that this means no retro Grove cranes, Space shuttles, Concordes, vintage race cars, etc.

On the other hand, 41999 represented a classic car, so there might be hope yet.

According to me, Lego only designs new Technic sets based on contemporary machines. Though I would love classic cars, planes, trucks and other "old' stuff, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm affraid that this means no retro Grove cranes, Space shuttles, Concordes, vintage race cars, etc.

On the other hand, 41999 represented a classic car, so there might be hope yet.

I agree. I don't want to have 5 types of excavators in my collection. Instead I'd rather see more variety in the sets. Looking at some of the MOCs there's a lot of potential still there.

Also I don't think 41999 is a good example for the change in model style as it was a limited set released as part of the contest. The original set 9398 was a good change from the constuction machines but it's probably going to retire soon and the replacement for it seems to be another construction vehicle (new Volvo front loader).

Not quite what I meant. I was trying to say that I think it is Lego policy to design Technic sets based on machines that are new today. The 41999 is the exception, as it the only set which was based on an old machine (so far).

I agree. I don't want to have 5 types of excavators in my collection. Instead I'd rather see more variety in the sets. Looking at some of the MOCs there's a lot of potential still there.

I agree, but most Technic is not sold to collectors, it is sold to children. Kids are only in the age range for Technic for 4-5 years, so it makes sense from TLG perspective to recycle popular model types on about that cycle.

Not quite what I meant. I was trying to say that I think it is Lego policy to design Technic sets based on machines that are new today. The 41999 is the exception, as it the only set which was based on an old machine (so far).

That set 41999 was not designed by TLG. It was the winner of a contest that TLG did. The designer was an AFOL. The design was voted on and won the contest. TLG tweaked it and then produced a limited number of them.

Are we doing speculations, or wish lists?

If the latter, I'd like to see something like this:

pierce-firetruck-view-download-wallpaper-555x334-comments_38d78.jpg?i

We have had fire trucks in the past (8289, 8454), but none of them the typical large classic truck model. I reckon this will appeal to kids too. Would take the same scale as 8109/8052/8071, could very well be a flagship.

Also, I really think it's about time for a follow-up to set 8857...

8857-groot.gif?1311319838

Also I hope they will do anything we haven't seen before.

• what GoldVillage posted two posts above me
  • walking excavator - or anything that walks, really
  • mobile folding crane (I know this is a challenge...)

Definitely need a new fire engine like this a ladder truck. Need to start a petition and send it to TLG.

That set 41999 was not designed by TLG. It was the winner of a contest that TLG did. The designer was an AFOL. The design was voted on and won the contest. TLG tweaked it and then produced a limited number of them.

I was aware of that, but you're right, it wasn't a TLG design. However, the 42022 Hot Rod and the 42029 Pickup truck which both were TLG designs launched after the 41999, are retro vehicles. Might this mean that a new trend has started since the 41999?

We really need to move forward at this stage,we are in 2014 we need more complex parts.

We really need pneumatics+rc.

While I'd like to see a fire truck (maybe tiller style with rear steering for that unique functionality and some new open truss panels for the ladder) it's probably too close to a crane in functionality to follow so closely to 42009 which is still available.

My guess is it's time to revist the bulldozer for the flagship construction vehicle since it's been 7 years going on 8. I missed 8275 so that'd work for me :)

I will create an official speculation topic later this year, so I have changed the title of this topic.

Feel free to express your wishes, but I think it's too soon to have a topic about 2015 sets.

We really need radio controlled rc

That something I like to see too - World Rally Championship (WRC) inspired or licensed. Old RC buggy's are simply too hard to find.

It's been a long time since we saw a non-PF flagship set, so I would like that! :classic: Preferably with loads of pneumatics! :thumbup::grin:

IR is so last century.

yeah, why not to create et with a PF RC module.

New super car would be nice, especially if it wóuld be a sedan :) or any other familiar car like the first one ever made by Lego : 853/956 Auto Chassis :

1. either FWD or AWD (remember 8880)

2. could be a Volvo S80 for example ....

3. new suspension system = McPherson

4. cold be a Citroen C5 = "pneumatic"suspension

regards