310188_Ct1m1qCHSzhPd_BUs428lMQGd.jpg by Nathan Bell

Man... that one is such a friggin BEAST. *oh2**oh2* *oh2* Absolutely love the tilting front wheels, like the real thing. Everyone, make sure to click on the photo-link to see more pics.

SeTechnic also ran a competition last year to build a road grader (link).

Yeah, I have seen it, a lot of very cool graders, one of them made it 80s style :wub:

Unfortunately, the contest limited the amount of parts to 600 - I want at least 800 in an official model.

haven't seen a cement truck yet. hook-and-ladder would be cool. garbage truck? locomotive?

KEvron

haven't seen a cement truck yet.

Not Technic, but the City one from 5 years ago is pretty neat. It uses a tiny Technic mechanism to turn the drum, which itself is 2-part and molded so that "cement" (1x1 studs :laugh: ) fall out.

7990-1.jpg

7990-1.jpg

43.jpg

Would be interesting how LEGO does that subject in full scale technic. Those drums would be tricky to do without a new mold.

If Lego really loved me, They would put out a mobile crane, bulldozer, cement mixer, front end loader and a excavator all in lime green and purple. Just imagine what would happen when you combine them.

Lime green would be interesting. There is crane for hire company called Boom whose colour is lime green.

I would like to see a giant lattice crawler crane like a Terex CC88000 twin.

I dont mind what trucks ect thay bring out as long as there to the same scale

My main 2h 2013 wish would be a forklift released as a flagship/top-of-the-line-set forklift(for next year). Last I recall haveing seen a proper one was in the Forklift Transporter, where the forklift was extremely plain.

Functions should/could be something similar to 8043 five/six functions dependig on where we count switching the gear box.

Basic features could include.:

* 1 x PF-L(or pf-xl depending on weight and speed) for drive(crawler reuse) which should be a simple four wheel base

* 1 x PF-S for steering(crawler reuse), and they could make the back wheels turn as on comon real forklifts

* 1 x PF-M for a pneumatic compressor(unimog style)

* 2 x PF-M for pneumatic valve control or two electro-pneumatic-valves(Tlg design team desicion and I preferre the intergrated option)

* 1 or 2 pneumatic extra long cylinders to raising and lower the forklift's forks, dependig on its power

* 1 big pneumatic cylinder for tilting the mast.

I know it could be in the high price range of common technic flagship. But it got a few arguments going for it.:

*The technic design team is know for a too strong liking one constructions machines as technic sets.

*Heavy part and design concept reuse from older flagship sets(crawler and unimog)

*Fit the constructions machinecs series nicely

*Only the pf-pneumatics-electro-valve and the extra long pneumatics cylinders are new parts. That whould also fit LEGO's refurbishment/expansion of the pneumatics line, as they started on during the unimog.

Why not have servo motors to control the valves? (besides costs I guess, tho I doubt TLG pays anywhere near what we have to pay for them!). I'de have 5 pneumatic cylinders in total. Two standard ones for the tilt, 1 longer one for raising the forks, and two very long ones for raising the telescopic section. The one longer one is pretty much the most needed size for pneumatics I think, as models get bigger the pneumatics need to get longer. The two extra long ones would be used for telescopic booms and would probably be as common as the smallest pneumatic cylinder.

Edited by allanp

Yeah, I know that 2014 isn't even at its mid but I'm curious what kind of machines will we be getting as I don't find the remaining 2014 sets that appealing.

I hope we get a new bike type and something that flies, even if at low range

Will proberbly be a push along garbage truck, at least the modders will make it into something fun.

Yeah, I know that 2014 isn't even at its mid but I'm curious what kind of machines will we be getting as I don't find the remaining 2014 sets that appealing.

I hope we get a new bike type and something that flies, even if at low range

I agree, I sure hope 2015 brings a supercar and/or nice truck. :thumbup:

Will proberbly be a push along garbage truck, at least the modders will make it into something fun.

And being 2015, probably will have "soylent green" written on the side. :tongue:

I think a "supercar" is due for 2015 but I just don't expect for someone at TLG to grow a spine and make the company to bring us a worthy 8880 successor.

Nothing in the likes of Efferman custom parts. Some nice models, but not great ones. A motorbike and a hauler, perhaps a combine. Something like 8455 but with an air tank if not PF would be very welcome.

Based on the interval between similar sets, I predict a new 8051 scale motorbike in 2015.

Hopefully not!

Hopefully not!

Why not? Motorbikes are a cool, recognisable subject (speaking as a biker). Their limited part count means an affordable set. TLG often introduces new or one-off parts in these sets and the large scale allows for some nice details. I would love a bike with a two-speed foot-actuated gearbox, a nice 4 cilinder inline or 2 cilinder boxer engine, a cool color combination (dark or light blue for example?) and possibly some metallic painted parts.

Can't wait

Why not? Motorbikes are a cool, recognisable subject (speaking as a biker). Their limited part count means an affordable set. TLG often introduces new or one-off parts in these sets and the large scale allows for some nice details. I would love a bike with a two-speed foot-actuated gearbox, a nice 4 cilinder inline or 2 cilinder boxer engine, a cool color combination (dark or light blue for example?) and possibly some metallic painted parts.

Can't wait

Tempted to ask for your own moc for such bike ...

As for the black/blue/silver combination, it reminds me of a set from 16 years ago ... 1998

8417-1.jpg

Tempted to ask for your own moc for such bike ...

As for the black/blue/silver combination, it reminds me of a set from 16 years ago ... 1998

http://www.bricklink...SL/8417-1.jpg?0

Phew, the 8417 was not the finest hour of Techinc bikes, I'm hoping for something inspirational such as the 8420.

Currently I'm working on two MOC bikes in fact: a classic Honda CB500 style one and a modern allroad bike (not yet quite sure which one). I'm not picky regarding the potential colour scheme.

a new Supercar Please :wub:

in Blue or White ...

Same, but I'd ask for dark blue, dark red or dark green.

A proper supercar would indeed be cool, but please, not a red one! Golden opportunity for some new clutch gears and proper wheels :thumbup:

I would also like to see some sort of advanced machinery, in a fairly small scale (same scale as this years construction crew set), like maybe a forwarder or something. I have taken a liking to smaller sets, as long as they pack in some decent functionality (The mini mobile crane from a couple of years back, was pretty sweet) :classic:

A street fighter type bike would be cool, preferably a Buell :classic:

Well, I would like to see a proper successor supercar to 8880 and 8448 incorporating new designed elements and rare colour. Second whish is an orange european style garbage truck as a flagship with compressor & pneumatic. White container truck with lots of pneumatic as a flagship. Yellow grader with many functions either PF or pneumatic. And of course hauler and backhoe as flagship with proper functions.

Maybe a new franchise ?

They've done Ferrari, Mercedes, Volvo, Lamborghini (?)

What else ?

I'd love a new bike with a franchise behind it, like a flagship Ducatti or something.

What I want is a super flagship, like a large truck with trailer load. Or maybe one of the grand old Gottwald cranes. I'd also very much like to see a new super car, in teal or some other unusual color.

Being a fan of tractors, I'd like to see a big tractor next year, bigger and more advanced than the earlier models.

Maybe a licensed John Deere or Deutz-Fahr.

Maybe a licensed John Deere or Deutz-Fahr.

Unfortunately, M<*&$ks has the John Deere licence, other makers of farm equipment and similar may be available, Kubota makes a lot of nice orange colored machines.