It's plain to see that Lego has proven very stubborn since the 2000s up to now, to ONLY sticking to vehicles, so I know that whatever contraption I'd love to see in the form of a Technic set (like the T-Rex from 8485) is only wishful thinking, since Lego would just rather do ANOTHER crane truck. I swear, crane trucks (as good as some of them are, like 8110) are the Technic analog to Police Stations in the City line.

So, let's separate the wishes between vehicle and non-vehicle, since the latter we know have a next-to-nothing chance of appearing.

My vehicle wish-list:

- A road-grader. :wub: :wub: :wub:

- A floating boat with motorized propellers. (We need both a large boat propellor piece and technic hull)

- Cable car

- A minifig scale wrecking ball machine!

My non-vehicle wish-list:

- A working clock

- a 3000 piece great ball contraption!

- a life-size crossbow

- a Babbage mechanical calculator

- a Lord of the Rings themed catapult, ballista or Trebuchet

Edited by SheepEater

a 3000 piece great ball contraption. would be good just for the balls they are getting sill money now

I don't mind having a lot of vehicles though other things would be cool too.

I just don't have any ideas what they could be. GBC is a great idea but i think it would fit better in to Creator theme.

Power functions should be taken further. I would really like an radio controller/reciever now that we have a servo motor.

IR is just too limited for faster things.

That being said a fast RC car made out of traditional pieces would be in my wish-list.

Older ones don't have a lot of room for customisation with their very specific parts.

A MOTOR GRADER! I can't figure out why lego haven't already build one :cry_sad::hmpf_bad::thumbdown: , I think with PF and LA should be done and in style :thumbup:

A MOTOR GRADER! I can't figure out why lego haven't already build one :cry_sad::hmpf_bad::thumbdown: , I think with PF and LA should be done and in style :thumbup:

Lego grader :sweet:

8451-B model

8451_brickset.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Anything that walks would be great, really.

There are walking excavators, for example. Or an AT-AT-like quadruped. Or a biped. Or a Tachikoma. Or a fantasy contraption. Anything goes, really, because walking mechanisms are interesting by itself.

Anything organic would be cool as well.

They've done a T-Rex before.

As far as vehicles goes, all I want is a mobile folding crane. That hasn't been done before.

Edited by Erik Leppen

I swear, crane trucks (as good as some of them are, like 8110) are the Technic equivalent of Police Stations in the City line.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

I would love to see skid steer or a small stracked loader, fully RC.

tim

Vehicles:

Supercar or hypercar (with different sized synchros)

Space stuttle (with canterlever style unfolding satalite wings and a few gold/yellow chrome coloured parts)

JCB back hoe (with 4wd, pendular front steered axle, motorised slow/powerful drive with planetary gear reduction in the wheel hubs, motorised compressor, longer pneumatics)

Forklift truck (RC with longer pneumatics)

Monster truck (with planetary wheel hub reduction)

Skip truck (with live axle suspention, motor for drive and compressor, longer pneumatics, possible b-model to forklift?)

Helicopter (with collective and cyclic control, tail rotor pitch control, realistic this time :laugh: )

Plane (with multiple props and engines)

Non-vehicles

Aligator (with pneumatic sequencing for walking and bending side to side as he walks, possible JCB b-model?)

Swiss cuckoo clock (with at least two working hands and working boinging bird action!)

Rollercoaser (with awesomeness!)

Swinging ship/topspin/enterprise (from alton towers)/waltzers universal set

Oh and more universal sets!

Edited by allanp

Yes, I know about the 8451's alternate model and I built it, it looks good for the amount of pieces used (less than 180), but it's very small :laugh:

Here's an image for those who haven't seen it.

8451-1.jpg

I meant a LARGE road grader. Flagship size would be nice, but I'd be happy with a 700 piece one too.

And I'd prefer pneumatics to LAs. :tongue:

I would love to see skid steer or a small stracked loader, fully RC.

tim

Isn't it what the 8043 B Model is?

Edited by SheepEater

Yes, I know about the 8451's alternate model and I built it, it looks good for the amount of pieces used (less than 180), but it's very small :laugh:

Here's an image for those who haven't seen it.

8451-1.jpg

I meant a LARGE road grader. Flagship size would be nice, but I'd be happy with a 700 piece one too.

And I'd prefer pneumatics to LAs. :tongue:

Isn't it what the 8043 B Model is?

I didn't know its existence, I only knew there was a model in the 8074 flex system univ set, but I'D LIKE something more,more serious and close to reality ;)

Has anyone here ever built a moc of it?

Ciao

...I'D LIKE something more,more serious and close to reality ;)

Has anyone here ever built a moc of it?

Ciao

There have been a number of MOCs that are large road graders. Here are a few of them:

dsc00030.jpg by Techymind

athumb.jpg by Benny3000

DSCF7493800x600.JPG by Nico71

dsc00477pl.jpg by Trawson89/ trawaify/ Trawson21

310188_Ct1m1qCHSzhPd_BUs428lMQGd.jpg by Nathan Bell

SeTechnic also ran a competition last year to build a road grader (link).

Vehicle: I'd like to see a large RC forklift, perhaps a mix of PF and pneumatics/compressor, a return of the air tank, a two or three section telescoping lift, and some mechanum wheels/omniwheels/vector wheels (link

).

Non-vehicle: I'd like to see some sort of RC walking animal, like a six or eight legged insect/spider.

Edited by Splat

There have been a number of MOCs that are large road graders. Here are a few of them:

Hi, thanks 4 answer, I was looking exactly for that. Looking so real and wanna have a deep look at them.

Appreciated ciao

Edited by Foggy
Please don't quote images unnecessarily and please use proper spelling (no 'texting language')

I would like to see a garbage/recycling truck. You could have functions such as a fork lift on the front to pick up the bins and put them in the back end, then a blade to compress the trash. You could also have a lift on the side. It might be interesting.

For a non vehicle, a kangaroo crane would be very interesting as it could literally build itself up.

Someone was building one of the most awesome fire-trucks I've ever seen. Some none-conventional use of those compressor pumps but he did manage to get water flowing through the Pneumatics.

That's on top of the wish-list.

Verhicles

- Fire truck with working motors (water pumps, PF drive/steering)

- Submarine (There used to be a model of that one, but redo it, but better

- Walkers.. Maybe a spider of scorpion or something

non-verhicle

- Rollercoaster (Has been done multiple times before, so why not)

- A Transformer!

- Other carnival rides like a 'wellenflug'

berlin-trip-2009-023.jpg?w=300&h=225

- PF Control center, preferably without those pesky battery-packs.

I would like to see a garbage/recycling truck. You could have functions such as a fork lift on the front to pick up the bins and put them in the back end, then a blade to compress the trash. You could also have a lift on the side. It might be interesting.

For a non vehicle, a kangaroo crane would be very interesting as it could literally build itself up.

I thought you wanted a bucket wheel excavator? :laugh:

I am happy for any constrution vehicle.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I thought you wanted a bucket wheel excavator? :laugh:

I would still like one of those too! It is hard to think of vehicles that haven't been done and would still work under the rules lego uses for its sets. Another set with pneumatics would be nice as right now the unimog is the only set I have them in and it would be nice to see more of them in upcoming sets.

If Lego really loved me, They would put out a mobile crane, bulldozer, cement mixer, front end loader and a excavator all in lime green and purple. Just imagine what would happen when you combine them.

If Lego really loved me, They would put out a mobile crane, bulldozer, cement mixer, front end loader and a excavator all in lime green and purple. Just imagine what would happen when you combine them.

Errrrr....mmm...ha....na.....I would rather not.:laugh::tongue:

My main 2h 2013 wish would be a forklift released as a flagship/top-of-the-line-set forklift(for next year). Last I recall haveing seen a proper one was in the Forklift Transporter, where the forklift was extremely plain.

Functions should/could be something similar to 8043 five/six functions dependig on where we count switching the gear box.

Basic features could include.:

* 1 x PF-L(or pf-xl depending on weight and speed) for drive(crawler reuse) which should be a simple four wheel base

* 1 x PF-S for steering(crawler reuse), and they could make the back wheels turn as on comon real forklifts

* 1 x PF-M for a pneumatic compressor(unimog style)

* 2 x PF-M for pneumatic valve control or two electro-pneumatic-valves(Tlg design team desicion and I preferre the intergrated option)

* 1 or 2 pneumatic extra long cylinders to raising and lower the forklift's forks, dependig on its power

* 1 big pneumatic cylinder for tilting the mast.

I know it could be in the high price range of common technic flagship. But it got a few arguments going for it.:

*The technic design team is know for a too strong liking one constructions machines as technic sets.

*Heavy part and design concept reuse from older flagship sets(crawler and unimog)

*Fit the constructions machinecs series nicely

*Only the pf-pneumatics-electro-valve and the extra long pneumatics cylinders are new parts. That whould also fit LEGO's refurbishment/expansion of the pneumatics line, as they started on during the unimog.

Edited by jacobkristensen

My main 2h 2013 wish would be a forklift released as a flagship/top-of-the-line-set forklift(for next year). Last I recall haveing seen a proper one was in the Forklift Transporter, where the forklift was extremely plain.

This was the last forklift we recieved from TLC..

8416-1.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8416-1

It was not motorized, but it was a rather good model otherwise.