Sign in to follow this  
Boettner Builds

Build a Minifig at LEGO stores

So last time I was at the LEGO store I noticed the build a Minifig display. 3 for $9.99. I just glanced for a second (was on another mission, PAB) but it looked like you can make some interesting Minifigs. I might have to take the time next time I go.

For a little over $3.00 per Minifig, it doesn't seem too bad a way to go.

Has anyone here built any cool Minifigs this way?

Edited by redtrooper27

Ya,you can find lots of CMF parts in there too. The lady told me they never have a complete CMF, but I was able to make a S2 baseball player, just without the bat. Saw several other cool elements as well.

I got Doc and Marty from BTTF just missing the heads... Not bad considering they're from a cuusoo set.

Some parts are pretty rare while most are commun. Ask the employees if the know about it. My store has knowledgeable employees that knows what parts are a must get (like only availlable in big sets and the likes).

the stores near me have had the same pieces in their build a mini for like 2 years now, nothing really interesting either, all city and a very few older CMF's all of which at this point ive gotten plenty of. Is there something I dont know, is there more in the back?

I usually try to do at least one while I'm at a store (and PAB cup of course). I've built some interesting figures, but usually I just buy hats/hairs or accessories. Depending on the store, some will allow you to get 15 pieces as opposed to 3 full figures ( hat/hair, head, torso, legs, accessory).

I haven't been to a store in almost a year now, yikes!

I haven't been to the Lego store yet, is it possible to just buy a whole bunch of heads with different expressions on them?

or do you have to build an actual full figure?

I haven't been to the Lego store yet, is it possible to just buy a whole bunch of heads with different expressions on them?

or do you have to build an actual full figure?

You should ask the employees, but I've been to a couple Lego stores that will just let you pick out any 15 parts. It's quite handy if your local store has nifty parts and you don't feel like doing a little Bricklinking.