Theme: Chima

Subtheme: Ravens

Year: 2013

Minifigs: one

Pieces: 36 (I count 37)

Price: $4? I traded to get this, so I assume it was the $4 range

Parts:

razcal03.jpg

I don't need more wheels, but a flying creature doesn't need a plane, so I'll deal with it. I love black, so I really like this pallette. The only color is splash of dark red, and that's a new color I accept. If there was a mix of red and dark red, I'd be unhappy, but now I'm just looking for problems.

razcal09.jpg\

Extra parts. No surprises here.

People: Huh, I didn't take a picture of razcal with the armor and heapdiece on. Well, we can use the exra parts pic for the fron and just look at him without armor and heapiece.

razcal07.jpg

razcal06.jpg

I really like the printing here. The torso would look great on an assasin, and those legs are definetally going on a blackfalcon knight. I prefer the head printing with the squinted eyes, but I still don't like the beak. It's a poor 2d representarion on a 3d object. Also, why do chima figs have full prints on both sides of the head? It makes it so they must have the headpiece to cover up the 2nd face, and the headpiece covers up everything but the eyes. Oh well, at least you can give them two different expressions.

Razcal is available in 5 sets, 4 of them have normal armor like this, one has heavy armor.

Design:

razcal04.jpg

Nice parts use: especially leaving some of the bracket uncovered for a scrapyard feel. Building the whole thing on a tilt is great, and helps avoid the "parts on a plate" feel, even though, in the end, this IS parts on a plate.

razcal05.jpg

The final build. I also like the way the handlebars are connected with a 1x1 plate and clip instead of a 1x1 TILE and clip. This makes disasembly much easier.

MVP: Most valuable Piece

razcal11.jpg

It's the wings! Since I don't have any of these, this was an easy decision to make. The only peices I didn't like were the wheels, and onlybecause I have a ton of them allready.

Conclusion:

Parts: 10/10

Minfigs: 10/10

Build: 10/10

Playabuility: 8/10

Price: 9/10

Overall: 9.4/10

4$ for it is actually ok, but I think parts wise Ewar polybag is a bit better, except if you needed that wheels set.

Sadly the minifig is too commun in the other sets.