[pid][/pid] 249C

During the third Tournament of Retribution I built a small port to serve as decor for the redcoat/bluecoat skirmish.

I however forgot to post this MOC before I demolished it :pir-cry_sad: .

Fortunatly I retrieved many pictures including some taken by other people.

I also improved the lighting in the pictures using photoshop so they appear less dark.

Some pictures were taken during the ToRIII, others during BrickMania Wetteren, where the port was integrated in a pirate layout.

This is probably my favourite picture;

dsc08571.jpg

"So this guy walks into a bar..."

Actually it's a redcoat walking into a bluecoat bar :pir_laugh2:

dsc09604.jpg

dsc09534.jpg

My bluecoat sigfigy is preparing for the final battle which will eventually result in victory for the bluecoats.

dsc08563.jpg

I really should work on my full hull ship sometime soon...

dsc09544.jpg

Whenever I didn't have enough parts I made it look as if it was on purpose by making the minifigures perform "repairs".

I never cared much about hysterical historical accuracy, especially on events, where there are many kids visiting I simply like to show off a cool diorama with many funny details.

(note the artist on the left painting the windows).

dsc09543.jpg

dsc08573.jpg

Look it's a taxi boat

dsc09537.jpg

dsc08603.jpg

The Elizabeth lies in port, this ship never gets much attention on events...

You know, many of us pirate builders like more merchant stuff but I think the truth is that these aren't just very popular with the crowd,

a battleship is just more spectacular.

dsc09600.jpg

That Tower in the background looks nice, doesn't it?

Not part of my port unfortunatly :pir-grin: , it's Nicks'.

dsc09656.jpg

Hmm, looks a lot more impressive with that big fortress in the background.

dsc09597.jpg

So, I hope you like it, it's a rather classic building style I have to say, you may be used to something more refined :pir-grin: .

dsc08621.jpg

I personally love it. Classic to me is a refinement in itself. The rest of the displays compliment it very well.

It is a shame that the Elizabeth doesn't get more attention it is a very nice ship! I like the Stern windows.

The yellow lantern I have seen on your brickshelf before... what set did it come in? Is it Lego?

AB

Wow, this is really cool. The first picture really has a classic feel to it. It looks like it could have been a poster from one of the early 90's sets.

The yellow lantern I have seen on your brickshelf before... what set did it come in? Is it Lego?

It's definitely lego, I'm quite the purist, the only exception I make are sails and rigging pir_laugh2.gif .

I got the part in a small promotional adventurers set but I think it originally was a fabuland part.

It's not very practical to use on a ship though because of the handle.

Really nice Classic Pirates layout! pirate_classic.gif

But why is Santa Clauss fighting with the red coats?? pirate_laugh2.gif

That's not Santa Clauss, it's Kurigan,

bet...eh...Santa Clauss is around as well pirate_laugh2.gif

If you look closely you can see him in this picture, a wee bit to the right of the blue striped sail.

dsc08563.jpg

During the TOR the Bluecoats had a strict policy, everyone wearing red was considered a potential threat pirate_laugh_new.gif .

I found a picture where Santa is being arrested;

dsc08163.jpg

Edited by Sebeus I

Hey, this is kind of "retro", isn't it?

But that doesn't mean it is bad - quite the opposite. These redcoats and bluecoats got me into the pirate theme!

Great stuff. Thanks for posting! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

I love it! Classic feeling, funny scenes, a pitty it was so short lived. I agree, could have been an official Pirates' poster from the early 90's, or part of an Idea Book diorama.

Thank you for sharing this classic beauty!

Regards

During the third Tournament of Retribution I built a small port to serve as decor for the redcoat/bluecoat skirmish. I however forgot to post this MOC before I demolished it :pir-cry_sad: .

Sheeeeeesh! How could you forget to post something like this? It's one of the most bustling sea port MOCs I've seen in a long time! Not to mention quite large...

Looks Great! Your classic style is very unique and I think it looks great pirate_laugh_new.gif I believe I spotted a certain pumpkin-headed redcoat in there... Very clever of you to put in your partially finished ship in a shipyard.