Sign in to follow this  
Balrog

Wanted: single stud round plate - transparent blue or white

Hi,

for a MOC I am in need of a larger bulk of transparent blue and/or white round plates with single studs.

I thought it wouldn't hurt to go here and ask if someone would provide me with several thousands of those for a reasonable price.

Mainly, I guess I need about 5k in transparent blue and perhaps a few hundred in transparent white.

They would need to be sent to Germany, so I guess we need to think about customs as well.

So, who is capable and willing to provide me such parts? Just shoot me a PM.

Think they have these on the PAB Wall in the Glasgow store at the moment. Could check tomorrow if they do.

No idea how many would fit in a tub though.

If they have I'm happy to send.

I guess that would be the cheapest version possible. Would be nice if you could get a cup of these. But only if you get there ;)

Will take a wander up today at lunch (I work in the City Centre so the store is just a 10 minute walk away). Will report back later. Tub cost is £11.99 here

According to weight if it is 5000 in a tub then it would weigh approx 600g, but not sure how many a tub holds... checked the Royal Mail postage costs online and it would be £6.60 delivery for that (or £11.60 for tracked and signed for) with delivery in 3-5 working days. Would suggest emptying tub into sealable ziploc bags for posting to avoid weight of posting, unless you wanted the tub posted too.

Sounds like a very reasonable price.

I can only make estimates as to how many of those pieces fit into such a tub, because I have only seen pictures of the tubs. But I guess it will be enough if it is full.

For sending with or without the tub, I guess that depends if the weight of the tub makes any difference to the postage price.

But I'd definately take it if they have the desired pieces.

The threshold for postage seems to be 750g, so some leeway in this to post the tub too.

Looking at some of the estimates for fitting in 1x2 bricks theses seem to be around 650 if well packed, so extrapolating this out would mean that 1300 1x1 bricks should fit, and taking it further the round 1x1 plates are a third of the height so around 3900 would be a good guess.

Just back from the store and they do indeed have the 1x1 Transparent Round Blue

They do also have a 1x1 square transparent if that was of any use.

I think I'll stick with the round ones. Thanks in advance. I guess we should talk business in a PM then.

Sign in to follow this