Mister Phes

ReBrick "Name the Ship" Contest - and the WINNER IS...

"The site will never be used by the LEGO Group to promote LEGO sets."

If this is a real lego set wouldn't they be violating this tenet?

I noticed that. As long as it is a real Pirate set, though, they can violate that all the livelong day as far as I'm concerned. pir_laugh2.gif

Sail ho! Early next year a new ship will set sails on the LEGO waters joining Brickbeard’s Bounty and the Black Sea’s Barracuda in the never ending search for treasure. And do you want to know something really awesome? You can help name it! That is right. This is a contest for finding the best name for a LEGO Pirate Ship. Aye, Matey!

Whoohoo!

https://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu/Blog/pirate-ship.aspx

Edited by Tjibmeister

test! placeholder!

A placeholder post is not necessary since you don't post your entry here, you need to follow the link.

Thanks

Hey, is that a new logo? I've not seen it before. The logo for the 2009 wave was the word "Pirates" with crossbones behind it. This one is a narrow black flag with a sword under it.

I'm so excited about this. Sounds like a pirate ship set is guaranteed at least. My money is on a full wave too. 25th anniversary! Gotta be.

Hey TLG, I can't name a ship I can't see. ;) I'm going to need you to take that box away for me. Also, go ahead and show me the crew. That will help the naming process. :P

Well I DO hope this is a certain return. Castle, Agents and now Pirates?!? I do hope BIONICLE is next.

I just posted some ideas. I doubt they will win, but this is exciting news. I've loved the ships LEGO has given us. My LUG had a LEGO show yesterday and the Caribbean Clipper and Black Seas Barracuda were huge hits!

Hm. I'm tentatively excited, although what's sticking out of the box looks like a revamp of Brickbeard's Bounty which was itself a revamp of BSB. The way the sail is attached and that crow's nest make me think it's an actual design...

Well I DO hope this is a certain return. Castle, Agents and now Pirates?!? I do hope BIONICLE is next.

LEGO seems to be getting a lot of reputation since this past year with all these returns! pirate_classic.gif

At the moment, I'm really happy with what we're getting now, although if Bionicle returned I wouldn't know how I could be more ecstatic than I am right now! pir_laugh2.gif

YAY, PARTY TIME, i am so happy pirates finally is back, hopefully it will be even better than the 2010 line, i hope we get islanders pirate_laugh_new.gif and stuff (crossing my fingers for bluecoats), pirates has always been my favorite themepir_laugh2.gif

when we gonna enjoy it..this year or 2015!!??

I can see it being in stores around December this year.

Edited by Anexcuse

So we gonna ses the new pirate sets this year or 2015?...
According to the contest page on ReBrick.com.

Early next year a new ship will set sails on the LEGO waters joining Brickbeard’s Bounty and the Black Sea’s Barracuda in the never ending search for treasure. And do you want to know something really awesome? You can help name it! That is right. This is a contest for finding the best name for a LEGO Pirate Ship. Aye, Matey!

F*** yeah!

At least! Can't wait to see it, I also hope that other sets will be released, bigger and better than 2009 ones!

This has made my day :)

I have no problem waiting. Gives me time to save up. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Yes, "save up". I'm not going to succumb to buy Erebor and all the other Hobbit sets or anything. :P

True, they at least are giving us time to not buy their other awesome products later this year... Summer SW and this winter's Hobbit I'm sure will be good purchases. Looks like I'll need to cut something out for a new ship, provided it is worthy of my bullion.

What a grand echo this has already received in such a short time. Should make you think equally grand, TLC!

The PTC, the Pirates' Guilds, the new-sub-theme-project, and now this, these are truely exciting times we're living in!

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

This is amazing. Even if it's just one new set... it's one more than we currently have! Now that I've submitted some names, I have a good amount of time to work on strategy which will persuade the missus to allow me to part with the money required - assuming I don't win of course!

Someone mentioned another PotC wave. Please, no.

Why not? I don't think any license fan would reject this. Only three or four based on the movie is enough.

But this is still a sensitive issue. Suppose that LEGO PotC must return in 2016, maybe this possible Pirates wave would be just like the previous temporary Castle waves that only last one year. Well judging from that Sea Cow we know TLC doesn't mind to make some generic sets to fill the vacancy of time, but lets hope that the general Pirate line won't be discontinued for good.

Edited by Dorayaki

I'm so excited! right when my interest in LEGO was fading. I never bought enough of the previous ships, but this time around I'm gonna buy so many I don't care if I go broke!

Even more exciting is who will the adversaries be? They can't have just a pirate ship, they have to through in a couple "enemy" figures... Maybe more imperial soldiers/guards? Islanders? Conquistadors? Something new??