Mister Phes

ReBrick "Name the Ship" Contest - and the WINNER IS...

It's definitely been too long since a Pirates set has been released. I was just on the verge of coming out of my dark ages when the last wave was released, so I only bought one set. That was really stupid of me.

If they release another wave of Pirates sets, I'll buy all of them. I'm really excited for this.

Someone mentioned another PotC wave. Please, no.

Someone mentioned another PotC wave. Please, no.

Nothing has been confirmed in regards to the Pirates of the Caribbean license.

Nothing has been confirmed in regards to the Pirates of the Caribbean license.

My bad, I was under the impression the licence would most likely continue. Even better odds of a new theme then!

My bad, I was under the impression the licence would most likely continue. Even better odds of a new theme then!

It still may continue but the future of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are uncertain with the fifth film being pushed back to 2016.

So anything could happen...

The ship with the red and white sails looks to be about the right size and shape of Brickbeard's Bounty. It is obviously a computer generated graphic. The crows nest however is interesting.

I am with Phes though, I am a little over the red and white sails. Hoped the 10210 Imperial flagship put an end to that. It is however a "signature" feature of pirate Lego.

In the past when we see things like this we have hardly been disappointed but I am still wanting to remain "reserved" so not crushed if the ship isn't real.

Does ReBrick have any good ties with Lego? I notice you can use Lego IDs to sign in.

AB

Does ReBrick have any good ties with Lego? I notice you can use Lego IDs to sign in.

According to the About Us webpage on ReBrick.

Is ReBrick part of LEGO.com?

The ReBrick website is made and facilitated by the LEGO Group, but ReBrick is not part of LEGO.com.

While LEGO.com is for children (of all ages), ReBrick caters to teenagers and adults. There’s no commercial agenda.

The site will never be used by the LEGO Group to promote LEGO sets.

It’s your ReBrick!

The ReBrick project is a collaboration between the LEGO Group and the LEGO community. In fact, we could almost say it’s co-owned.

Though The LEGO group retain ownership of the site, the content is brought in, discussed and ultimately owned by the community – that’s you!

That new logo is amazing--it has just the right amount of swashbuckle. pirate_laugh2.gif Time to start saving my change again...

TC

That new logo is amazing--it has just the right amount of swashbuckle. pirate_laugh2.gif Time to start saving my change again...

TC

I really like it too. Since there's a new logo, maybe we'll also see a new cast of minifigures. It'd be awesome if we got a new captain and crew. I'd also love to see some blue soldiers or, perhaps even better, a new Spanish armada.

I missed this earlier. The new logo definitely means a new theme! Probably for Summer 2015.

I am so exited, I can not really make my work in my office. I do think and dream about a new wave. And try to tidy up my Lego room in my mind to think where I can put my "new set".

I hope it will be a whole wave. Why should TLG design a new themelogo for only one set???

I like this!

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high though...

The ship with the red and white sails looks to be about the right size and shape of Brickbeard's Bounty. It is obviously a computer generated graphic. The crows nest however is interesting.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the sails are from the Brickbeard's Bounty, and to my untrained eye the lego parts themselves don't look computer generated, just the rest of the box. The ends of the masts don't look completed to me, with no flags or even flag poles, and I'm wondering if they just threw these parts together to create the illusion of an entire sailing ship. They wouldn't wait until the ship is fully designed before thinking of a name.

My conservative guess is a 25th anniversary re-imagining of the Black Seas Barracuda. I doubt they'd have designed that logo for just one set, but if I keep my hopes conservative I won't be disappointed if a whole new theme doesn't eventuate.

Incidentally, anyone notice that they re-designed the classic shark to give it gills? And it seems to have been a replacement item for a few coastguard sets from 2013... why would they redesign the shark just so they could update a few old coastguard sets?

The contest should be up and running in roughly 12minutes, I look forward to entering :classic:, and my money's on there being a full new pirates wave, perhaps one of the ships could be very similar to the very first pirate set.

It is past the time now yes? I can not seem to find anything!

Does anyone have a better idea of what is happening?

Yes, I'm pretty sure the sails are from the Brickbeard's Bounty, and to my untrained eye the lego parts themselves don't look computer generated, just the rest of the box. The ends of the masts don't look completed to me, with no flags or even flag poles, and I'm wondering if they just threw these parts together to create the illusion of an entire sailing ship. They wouldn't wait until the ship is fully designed before thinking of a name.

Look at the sail at the front. What ever is connecting it looks like computer graphics.

AB

CORRECTION: April 7, 2014

The LEGO Group's "Community Editor" has just informed me the contest now begins at 3PM Danish time.

Look at the sail at the front. What ever is connecting it looks like computer graphics.

AB

To me it just looks like like a cone held in place with a half technic pin, with some kind of peg attaching it to the sail. pirate_sceptic.gif I've done a few comics using photoshopped Lego objects, and these Lego bits look more photographed and cut out than computer generated to me.

Anyway it's probably not that important to the discussion. I need to go to bed now, so no one had better have stolen 'The Prisoner's Dilemma' before I wake up. pirate_laugh_new.gif