Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

HSS: Aden's Gate, Harbormaster and the Minik Akrebi

Dugal MacLean personally delivered the two ships Masa had ordered from the Eastgate shipyards as the fighting within Eastgate had not subsided. Masa was away at the time so Dugal was greeted by Gaius Kaleci who was now the harbormaster of the growing Aden's Gate settlement. A small vessel looking very much like a pirate's boat leaving the docks caught Dugal's eye.

"Are those pirates?" he asked Gaius.

"Aden's Gate is a neutral town, and as long as no trouble is caused here, no questions are asked. Should the law of Aden's Gate be broken, there is but one punishment- banishment. Depending on the crime the guilty are either banished to the Kaumatua Valley beyond that wall or banished from ever returning to Aden's Gate," Gaius replied his hand gesturing toward the massive ancient looking wall towering above the docks. "Basically crimes such as murder, rape and any other serious physical violence get the sentence of banishment to Kaumatua Valley while crimes such as theft receive the sentence of banishment from ever returning to Aden's Gate."

"What happens to those banished to Kaumatua Valley?" Dugal was curious.

"They most assuredly become a meal for the creatures that live in Kaumatua Valley. This is the only known entrance to Kaumatua Valley and creatures commonly known as wingless dragons, giant bugs, as well as some kind of monstrous black haired creature are what is rumored to live in the Kaumatua Valley. Only a handful of people have seen what lies beyond that wall, Masa probably being the most knowledgeable. When he is here in Aden's Gate he often goes into Kaumatua Valley for weeks at a time. Well enough of Kaumatua Valley, let me show you more of Aden's Gate," Gaius gestured to another building near the docks... (To be continued)

13652548603_13c6dc233e_c.jpg

13652860434_c669c57251_c.jpg

13652520193_354cdf7687_c.jpg

Every level of the building can be accessed.

13652502563_e62ae919b7_c.jpg

Sewer tunnels run beneath Aden's Gate.

13652460875_8f6fa00959_c.jpg

13652581453_f378cb976f_c.jpg

The Minik Akrebi

13652586213_b4231cf72c_c.jpg

13652877954_7915097d0e_c.jpg

Crew of the Minik Akrebi

13652550715_633ee8d42a_c.jpg

Edited by Mike S

That roof is really great! Very nice job with the boat too!

The roof is very nice, the white with gold makes a great look! The barrels were a good piece for the piers. :thumbup: Looking forward to the next chapter!

I didn't even know those pieces came in gold! This is a great doc moc! I like the tiny skiff too. Not all boats come in "big" haha. Great scene! Are you keeping these modules assembled and attaching them, or are you taking pictures and threading them together later?

I am plotting out Eastgate right now, and trying to decide if I should do it modular like this and Kabel's city.

Also, really cool to see Dugal there!

Very nice building, not very Kaliphlin, but absolutely lovely. Looks like I could take it and add it to Thorshaven this very instant. Are you sure this is Aden's Gate?

I also like the boat quite a bit!

@Ska: why think about it? Go ahead and build your city, the more we have the better! Although I have to say, it was Eccs who started a modularized city first, not me!

Lovely architecture, the gold/white works really well :thumbup: Cool to see that you included an interior as well, the bley stonework for the first floor looks great :classic:

Nice house, that white/gold combination feels very much like the PoP sets...although the architecture feels more like medieval Europe. Which fits very well in the melting pot that is Kaliphlin, and especially the big trading cities of western Kaliphlin :classic:

I also like the small ship a lot. Looking forward to seeing more of Aden's Gate!

@Ska: With your sizeable collection I think you definitely should for a Thorshaven-style modular approach to Eastgate :classic:

Nice build Mike! The black boat is very mysterious and like a lot of us, I love that roof! Great solution to the offset. :thumbup:

If I was to make any changes, the only thing I'd do would be to add some pearl gold 1x1 rounds to the railing to tie in the gold on the pilings.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I didn't even know those pieces came in gold! This is a great doc moc! I like the tiny skiff too. Not all boats come in "big" haha. Great scene! Are you keeping these modules assembled and attaching them, or are you taking pictures and threading them together later?

All modules will be on permanent display. Aden's Gate is a multilevel town, the harbormaster and the inn (next module) are the lowest modules other than the beaches/bay.

If I was to make any changes, the only thing I'd do would be to add some pearl gold 1x1 rounds to the railing to tie in the gold on the pilings.

Thanks! I tried that but I thought it didn't look right, maybe too fancy... :hmpf_bad:

Love the water, it looks very realistic. And I really like that scorpion head use. Gold is so good for Kaliphlin. Very atmospheric build.

Awesome build mate! The gold roof on the white house looks fantastic! I like how clean the whole build is!

Awesome roof! By the way if you mean little scorpion by minik akrebi you must call it minik akrep :D But it is your creation you can call whatever you like I am not a turkish grammar teacher. It is also making me happy people adopting turkish names for their MOCs! Congrats again!

Excellent build! I like the roof technique, and the way you used the white and the light gray in the building. I also like the use of the barrels for the dock.