The MH-53J Pave Low III is a large heavy-lift helicopter for the US Air Force and the most advanced and technologically sophisticated in their arsenal. It features a multitude of sensors and radar for the clandestine delivery and extraction of special forces personnel far behind enemy lines or contested areas without detection, often flying at or below treetop height using terrain follow systems and over the horizon sensor technology. It is armed with a mix of M134 6 barreled 7.62mm miniguns and/or .50 cal M2 heavy machine guns, has a crew of 2 pilots, 2 flight engineers and 2 gunners, and can carry 34 fully loaded troops, with an external sling capacity of 20,000lbs. The aircraft were retired in 2008 and replaced with the CV-22B Osprey.

This MOC represents 40+ hours of work to design and complete, and features a fully detailed accurate cockpit and passenger compartment with three M134 minigun emplacements, fully functional landing gear, and a folding main rotor and tail boom.

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/385312

13634662693_77da2df402.jpg

13636643934_961a34704a.jpg

Edited by rx79gez8gundam

very nice. I spent many hours in the backside of a MH-53 in Afghanistan and Iraq.. instantly recognizable and the details are great. good job!

Living near Mildenhall & Lakenheath USAF bases I very often see these flying around.

I think this is fantastic, very realistic and instantly recognisable. In my very humble opinion Lego should look into producing this!

Edited by grum64

very nice. I spent many hours in the backside of a MH-53 in Afghanistan and Iraq.. instantly recognizable and the details are great. good job!

My brother-in-law was in the 16th SOS at Hurlburt Field, working alongside the 20th SOS and their Pave Lows. I'm glad to hear I did a good job modeling this aircraft, I did a lot of research before and during the build as to the placement of interior equipment and appearance, and tried hard to really do the aircraft justice. Your praise means a lot!