<p>Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to share with you my latest MOC. It was a very challenging build as I used for the first time a lot of SNOT techniques, including the base. This was the best solution to have the log bricks of the tower alligned horizontally and for the build to be sturdy.

It is inspired from the Belgian comic "Les Tuniques Bleues" (In English, The Bluecoats"). Fort Bow appears in half a dozen albums at least. It is also the first time I am using photoshop to edit the background of the pictures.Let me know if you like this mean of sharing pictures.

Anyway, here is my version of FORT BOW:

13643447853_4b449655d7_z.jpg

13643455153_969be4e510_z.jpg

The back of the fort:

13643811224_d8769465f1_z.jpg

And here is a page from one of the albums where Fort Bow is appearing:

13643441295_38f2074185_z.jpg

You can go on my Flickr to see more unedited pictures.

Edited by kinggregus

Awesome build! I love all the details you put in there!

Really great moc. I totally dig how you achieved this log house look. Awesome!

Excellent MOC.

You could make it even better with some pale tan cones, cheeses or 1X1 round pieces to place on the top of the walls to show the Pointed Logs..

Great build! it really looks like the fort from the comic

Awesome build! I love all the details you put in there!

Very nice and a great representation of the original material.

Great build!

Thanks so much for your comments/encouragements, they are really appreciated. I am pleased to see you like it.

I like the comic so I have too love this. It looks like in the comics.

Perfectly done!

Saw the pictures and instantly knew what this was. Great work, fantastic log effect!

I am glad to see you know the comic. It is such a great comic. It is also a great source of inspiration for any western lovers as it is often easier to copy in comics.

I am quite proud of the log effect. It was quite hard to achieve and make the structure solid. One of my previous build, the union soldier headquarter, served as a practice for achieving it.

Excellent MOC.

You could make it even better with some pale tan cones, cheeses or 1X1 round pieces to place on the top of the walls to show the Pointed Logs..

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I did try to go both routes, but none got the result I wanted. When I used the 1x1 round pieces, it looked like a straight line. If I tried to use some brown 1x1 round piece to elevate some of the studs, it had an awkward look. In regards to the cones, they were indeed a great idea, unfortunately, if I was using that mean, the wall would have been too high in comparison to the minifigs.

Well, I knew the series already in the 90's from the Amiga version of 'North And South'. But I checked the comic just a few months ago. I never had anything to do with western and so on, but the characters are great and the drawing style is really good. So I wanted to build it in Lego. I made a scale model, using the albums 'Baby Blue' and 'Captain Nepel'. The result is a building measuring 75x60 cm, with over 5000 pieces without anything inside! Here's a top view.

The model is designed in QuarkXpress on several DIN A0 pages. On the right side the round 1x1 tiles are missing, they'll arrive in a few days. The three front 32x32 plates and the side 16x32 plates are removeable, so it's possible to shoot good inside views.

The inner buildings except the well are just temporary, they're made from spare parts of the two Fort Legoredo sets I needed.

EDIT: I had to remove the images, there will be some modifications soon.

Edited by Peppermint

Wow Peppermint, Sorry, I am seeing this fantastic creation just now...

This fort looks so much like the cartoon one and seems to be amazing to play with. Did you try your change at creating figures of sgt Chesterfield and Caporal Blutcher?

His name is Corporal Blutch ;-) But in Germany he has more names: In Fix & Foxi Super TipTop his name was 'Lollipopp', in the Bastei books it was 'Bud Buddington'.

I want to design uniforms in QuarkXpress, I want to see if I can do faces, too. For figures, I asked at Lego, but they could neither support amount nor color. So I found on AliExpress an seller which sells figures with independeable selecteable colors for head, arms, hands, torso, hips and legs for just 75 Dollar-Cents! So I ordered about 200 in dark blue/blue for the Northern States and 150 in grey/grey for the Confederates, always in bundles below 100 $ with a delay of one month. So I wasn't bothered from the toll office. The quality of the figures is very good. The two guys the right going to jail are the figures from AliExpress.

My personal masterpiece are the tower stands. In Quark I designed some versions which looked possible, but in reality it wasn't possible. Of course I also tried two connect the bottoms of the 1x4 log bricks with an 2L axle. That's how you did it, right? But I didn't found out to make them stable. Later I found your project, but I didn't really know how to rebuilt this. I also wanted to avoid the 1x1 round bricks, they have this grove. So I changed to Technic parts, and created a complex construction which needs 438 (!) Parts just for the tower stand! Not the bottom, the roof and the tower itself. So, just for the 6 tower stands already 2628 pieces are neccessary! If you count about 6 rows of 1x2 and 1x4 log bricks and the detail parts, it's easy to get to more than 5000 parts...

Edited by Peppermint

I know that this post is quite old and I`ve just seen that kinggregus last visited the forum in May 2018. However I`d like to leave a comment, because I collect Comics and I`m a big fan of "die blauen Boys" or "Bud & Chester" as the German names are. (As you maybe can see in my board name :wink:).

Great work. Hope to find some other topics refering to this :sweet:

A friend of mine posted a longer story about the game North and South, which is based on Les Tuniques Bleues.

For my setup of Fort Bow I got large amounts of Brickarms addons, M1860 saber, M1851 pistol, V42 stiletto. And lots of bayonets.

Edited by Peppermint