JM1971

F1 Power Functions RC (Combi 42000+9398)

Removed 42000 functions and replaced them with servo, 2 L motors, Battery Box and Receiver, body has been widened to fit it all in, its not been built yet and some half decent instructions on the way, LFX file for study, Servo and L Motors are not present in LDD so there is a empty space where they should be.

4K Exploded View.

Instructions.

42000_800x450.jpg

http://youtu.be/ti_lAXUGYcs

Edited by JM1971

Thats right, like the combi instructions you could get at toy shops many years ago, uses about 60 parts from set 9398 hence the red stripes running forward from the cockpit, the wings and suspension are unchanged apart from a few bits locking the rear DRS wing into place, the steering wheel also works with the steering.

Edited by JM1971

I built your design using the instructions and made a recording.

Sweet, I wondered if the instructions were good enough for other people to follow because there are a few mistakes.

Only trouble I had were a few steps toward the end that were hard to decipher. Thanks for sharing your design. I enjoyed the challenge.

Thx, there are not enough alternates and combi's around, it seems like a waste to me because these sets have loads of possibilities, the 9398 and 42000 are very adaptable.

Anyone know what part 3005740 is for? It is those 6 x clear circles, which are shown on the last page with the wheels but it doesn't seem to say where they go :(

Anyone know what part 3005740 is for? It is those 6 x clear circles, which are shown on the last page with the wheels but it doesn't seem to say where they go :(

They are for the B-Model that you can download at lego.com, the last page is meant to represent those parts are spare.

As JM1971 already said, they are for the B-model. You can clearly see these parts in this picture:

42000_B1.jpg

Ahh, I get you. Thanks :)

I guess I was a little confused because I had other extra bits left over. Most likely an issue with parts as I had a few items missing as well.

Guys, I am really struggling with this.

I had got this far... I know it is no where near correct:

som7.jpg

7w48.jpg

Then I did a bit of experimenting:

3ok3f.jpg

And a bit more:

3wrl.jpg

po813.jpg

Now I am well and truly stuck :(

Well after looking at the instructions provided you seamed to have wondered off from the original design,I think you were meant to start from 'scratch' rather than adding and removing parts from the 'Lego' version.

Pretty much what Alasdair said, a lot of what I'm seeing in the pictures is from the standard 42000 or another moc of the 42000.

Oops, for some random reason I thought that this was an extension of the stock build.

I still carried on with what I was playing around with but it isn't stable and just falls apart whenever I try and turn the motors on.

I started trying to follow building this model but I keep getting stuck as I can't work out what needs to be done. Apologies for being a pain guys... this is my first Technic model :(

YAY. I rebuilt it using a guide online by modsbytweek and it is working really well. It crawls in carpet but put it on tiles and it flies :)

That must be the one with the xl motors and that one is faster, I thinks theres one that uses the old powerful buggy motors as well.

That must be the one with the xl motors and that one is faster, I thinks theres one that uses the old powerful buggy motors as well.

I did the one with L motors, but have now ordered the XLs as I want more powah!

5476_jeremy_clarkson-4b77ac217bffd.jpg

Edited by hshah

They sure are, they can grind axles to dust and tear a gearbox apart if not careful. :D