...I was checking out what's new at my local Lego Store yesterday and decided to fill a small cup from the Pick-a-Brick wall... an employee saw me and said that yesterday was the last day for the "old" price for both small and large cups... starting today, the price for both cups would have gone up... how much, I didn't ask as I scrambled to fill several more cups... no wonder (first time I saw it), a couple other employees were emptying out some slots for "new" parts...

...can someone confirm this?... if so, is the price increase just for stores in the US or all over?...

US box prices up from $70 to $100 as well. A lot of pieces not for sale by the box anymore and of course new parts.

I phoned to check, prices went up by one dollar each. So a small cup is now $8.99 and a big cup $15.99 :cry_sad:

Big cups in Canada are 19.99$CAD and boxes are 90$CAD each.

Boxes going to $110 CAD, I believe.

Would be akward to raise prices after 1 week of being open o.o"

Yep...I noticed the PaB cup went up after getting a tall one yesterday. I'm not complaining - I want LEGO to still be around for years, and will keep buying to support the company when prices increase (even if it's a few cents to a dollar on parts and containers

I had no idea that the price went up until after I read this thread last night. I talked to my wife and she said she had noticed the difference while I was packing a cup yesterday with all the new stuff on the wall. As you can tell I really didn't notice or care about the price difference as I was going to fill and buy a cup no mater its cost.

Would be akward to raise prices after 1 week of being open o.o"

I filled a big cup today and it is still the same at $19.99 CAD. The small cup is going up by one dollar to $11.99 CAD.

i live in turkey and sadly narrow minded turkish people think lego is for babies so turkey doesn't have a Lego store..

uuhuhuuhuhuhhu

P.S. prices going up, not cool...

Luckily I buy mine off Bricklink... had no idea you could pick bricks in stores, though. But maybe it's because I've never come across a LEGO brand shop here in Poland. LEGO sets are usually sold in toy shops/supermarkets, so it's real hard to find a place that endorses Pick-a-brick.

Here you have official comment from LBR:

""Pick a Brick and Build a Mini are special offerings mainly from Lego Brand Retails and Legoland parks and Discovery Center.

In LBR Europe, prices of those lines haven’t been adjusted since launch (prior to 2007), which costs have increased significantly

That has put those lines at risk, also limiting the amount of innovation we can bring in terms of consumer experience

For that reason, we have decided to adjust the prices""

It says "europe", but the reason is the same for USA.

Here you have official comment from LBR:

""Pick a Brick and Build a Mini are special offerings mainly from Lego Brand Retails and Legoland parks and Discovery Center.

In LBR Europe, prices of those lines haven’t been adjusted since launch (prior to 2007), which costs have increased significantly

That has put those lines at risk, also limiting the amount of innovation we can bring in terms of consumer experience

For that reason, we have decided to adjust the prices""

It says "europe", but the reason is the same for USA.

I find the "innovation" part interesting. I wonder if this means they're hoping to bring a better variety of pieces to the PAB walls. Maybe they'll have more animals. It would be awesome if they put cows in the walls.

US box prices up from $70 to $100 as well. A lot of pieces not for sale by the box anymore and of course new parts.

Well, the 45% price hike is not great, but I thought an earlier thread said that K-boxes had been discontinued entirely. Is there any official policy in the U.S> as to what can be purchased by the box?

Big cups in Canada are 19.99$CAD and boxes are 90$CAD each.

What are these "boxes" you guys speak of? Are you saying we can order/purchase entire boxes of pieces from the PAB wall? (I've never heard of this)

What are these "boxes" you guys speak of? Are you saying we can order/purchase entire boxes of pieces from the PAB wall? (I've never heard of this)

The pieces to fill the PAB wall are shipped to the stores in cardboard boxes. The boxes are something like 10"x8"x6" in size. If they have enough stock, they could sell you a full box for $120 CAD. (The $110 CAD I posted earlier was incorrect.)

The pieces to fill the PAB wall are shipped to the stores in cardboard boxes. The boxes are something like 10"x8"x6" in size. If they have enough stock, they could sell you a full box for $120 CAD. (The $110 CAD I posted earlier was incorrect.)

I asked people in the Carrefour Laval store 1 week ago and they told me they were 90$ each. Would have bought one if they had a light gray 1x4 brick but they were too short on them.

What store did you asked?!

Edited by Mikuri

What are boxes? I don't think I have heard of them before.

They're 6-sided, 3-dimensional constructions used to hold things.

They're 6-sided, 3-dimensional constructions used to hold things.

Usally made of paper, sometimes wood and I've also seen a metal one once.

:tongue:

There was the "Christmas Box" but that has expired. What I believe is being talked about here is you can buy a whole shipping box of a single piece that the LEGO store recieves.

I have tried many times at my local store to buy a box only to be told I would be better off buying in cups. I was also told by an emplyee that the ordering process for the PAB wall pieces has changed. In the past there was a spreadsheet with the available pieces and each store would order their own boxes for stock. Some stores were more proactive with their ordering and always have a great selection, others like my local store in Pleasanton, have hardly any selection. Now TLG is auto shipping the boxes and the stores just get what they get. Might be better for my local store but maybe not so good for others.

I have tried many times at my local store to buy a box only to be told I would be better off buying in cups. I was also told by an emplyee that the ordering process for the PAB wall pieces has changed. In the past there was a spreadsheet with the available pieces and each store would order their own boxes for stock. Some stores were more proactive with their ordering and always have a great selection, others like my local store in Pleasanton, have hardly any selection. Now TLG is auto shipping the boxes and the stores just get what they get. Might be better for my local store but maybe not so good for others.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pleasanton store! I've been to the Santa Clara store and I'm going to check out the San Mateo store too. I'll cross Pleasanton off of my list.

Thanks for the heads up on the PleasaPleasantone! I've been to the Santa Clara store and I'm going to check out the San Mateo store too. I'll cross Pleasanton off of my list.

Sam Mateo and Santa Clara are both pretty good. Worth the trip to both. Maybe the new system will help Pleasanton so don't count them out in the future.

On 4/9/2014 at 9:28 PM, B.C. said:

Sam Mateo and Santa Clara are both pretty good. Worth the trip to both. Maybe the new system will help Pleasanton so don't count them out in the future.

Does this Lego Store have anything that is exclusive to it like a California Lego Keychain fig or something else?

Edited by bricksare4me