Mr. Townsend

14 Gun Brig: Pinnacle

Wow! What an awesome ship! The scale is perfect with sails that take away your breath!

Can you imagine leaning over the yards and dragging up these gorgeous sails as the masts tilt far over in strong winds? Yikes! It beats a roller coaster any old day because you really are hanging on for life for real. Thirty days of crewing a tall ship (the Stella Maris) in the Caribbean made me appreciate the view from up high.

The sails and rigging are just some of the highlights; the marine oak deck, windows and flags are perfect. Congrats on an outstanding creation!

Excellent Brig you have there Mr. Townsend! I too immediately thought of the Sophie. Love the tiled deck and details, but the standout feature has to be those sails. I am quite envious of the craftsmanship you put into them and the rigging, looks perfect. Looks like I missed out on the WIP thread but you've ended up with a fantastic brig none the less!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

PS Thanks for visiting the foundry :thumbup:

Absolutely stunning brig. I have never seen such intricate rigging before - I don't think I'll be going out on a limb here when I assume you shared more than a few swear words in the process of all that work!pir_laugh2.gif

This is pure art. Awesome work!

Thank you everyone for the comments.

I love this ship, it looks simply amazing!

I can't think of any improvements, it is perfect.

I really like how you didn't overdo the ornaments and kept it's looks pretty 'basic'. I also especially like the looks of the outside of the cabin. And a perfect job with the rigging and the stunning weary looking sails.

(frontpaged on EB)

Thanks Bonaparte! It was extremely exciting to be on the front page! :pir-grin:

This MOC certainly does have some rigorous rigging!

I'm going to jump on board the "I love the sails" boat - you've used a very effective technique. :thumbup:

But how water proof is it?

If you mean the ship as a whole, she would sink like a rock. :pir-tongue:

Wow! What an awesome ship! The scale is perfect with sails that take away your breath!

Can you imagine leaning over the yards and dragging up these gorgeous sails as the masts tilt far over in strong winds? Yikes! It beats a roller coaster any old day because you really are hanging on for life for real. Thirty days of crewing a tall ship (the Stella Maris) in the Caribbean made me appreciate the view from up high.

The sails and rigging are just some of the highlights; the marine oak deck, windows and flags are perfect. Congrats on an outstanding creation!

Crewing the Stella Maris in the Caribbean sounds like the experience of a lifetime. I can only imagine hanging out on one of the spars. On my next large ship I will try to make the rigging as accurate as possible and add the footlines so my figs won't have to be as scared. Thanks Legogal!

Excellent Brig you have there Mr. Townsend! I too immediately thought of the Sophie. Love the tiled deck and details, but the standout feature has to be those sails. I am quite envious of the craftsmanship you put into them and the rigging, looks perfect. Looks like I missed out on the WIP thread but you've ended up with a fantastic brig none the less!

jollyroger.gif Dread Pirate Wesley

PS Thanks for visiting the foundry thumbup.gif

Thanks DPW! Its great to have you comment as your waterline ships inspired me to move in that direction as well. I worked very hard in the sails indeed, remaking each one two or three times to get them satisfactory.

Absolutely stunning brig. I have never seen such intricate rigging before - I don't think I'll be going out on a limb here when I assume you shared more than a few swear words in the process of all that work! :pir_laugh2:

This is pure art. Awesome work!

Haha. When it came to restringing sub-par rigging I certainly had some choice words to share. With this being my first attempt at rigging everything was guess work until I developed adequate techniques so I had a large amount of double work.

This is an absolute beauty.. The sails are great. It seems you have done more than drawn pencil lines on them, some of the best I have seen! I like that you took a gamble and took the entire build off of pre fab hulls. It gives the entire ship a sleek, low in the draft look. I would like to see a tutorial on how you cut the side gallery, and stern windows. It is frowned upon in some eyes but I find it useful, because of limitation of window types. The way you have transitioned the side galleries to the stern is smooth and flows nicely. And the amount of rigging is great! The only gripe I have is the blue seats in the row boats.... make them brown! Wonderful ship, and well done.

Admiral B

This is an absolute beauty.. The sails are great. It seems you have done more than drawn pencil lines on them, some of the best I have seen! I like that you took a gamble and took the entire build off of pre fab hulls. It gives the entire ship a sleek, low in the draft look. I would like to see a tutorial on how you cut the side gallery, and stern windows. It is frowned upon in some eyes but I find it useful, because of limitation of window types. The way you have transitioned the side galleries to the stern is smooth and flows nicely. And the amount of rigging is great! The only gripe I have is the blue seats in the row boats.... make them brown! Wonderful ship, and well done.

Admiral B

Thank you Admiral Bejaune. I'll look into make a short tutorial on the windows. They are time consuming to make but worth the effort. For some reason I never thought about the blue seats in the boat being inaccurate, but your are correct. I picked that up looking at other MoCs rather then the references I use now. I'll have to revise that and keep it in mind for future ships. At current Matterhorn's boats have white seats. pirate_tong.gif