Firstly, I'm not sure if this belongs to the Sci-fi or the other themes, but decided the put on the latter as there isn't anything partciculary science fiction in the MOCs and they are not in minifig scale.

I built these three steampunk girls partly inspired by the new ball joint system (ironically used only on one MOC). I have built many Bionicle characters and also SYSTEM Hobbit dwarves, so character building is kind of "my thing". These are in smaller scale than those, so it was quite fresh challenge.

13452222853_eaaba43c39_c.jpg

Miss Izzy Orchard is a coquette with adventurous mind and always useful utility belt.

13545940433_da9a3f64e8_c.jpg

Gail Nealor Lyner is a heroine and adventurer. She always has her flinlock ready, and oh boy she's a fast puller.

13589392093_2f5864592c_c.jpg

Cynthia Quegan Muskell is an engineer and airship pilot. She's the brains of the outfit and wears probably a bit more practical clothes than the others.

Hope you liked the gang! There's more pics in flickr (1 2 3) and more stuff on my blog Cyclopic Bricks (1 2 3).

Edited by pig

Wow! These are actually very impressive! I LOVE the hair on the second figure - that little cut in the front is adorable and actually ties the whole face together, along with the hanging bits over the ears. The boots on all of them are also awesome, though I think the third pair are my favorite. The first figure is the only one I feel falls a little flat - the hair, for one, simple doesn't flow in the way the others do (I think you were right in the others going for "shape" instead of "strands") and the hat is too raised (though the tips of her stockings are a great and impressive touch!).

Really impressive work, I'm a conformist!!

WOW. The first one gives me a really nice feel, the hair, the garter.... Very impressive :)!

Nice work! The hair of the second figure and the coat of the third are my favourites.

Are you planning on more characters?

This is great! i like it a lot. The only thing that disturbs me is the hat and hair on the first lady, they are not as perfect as the rest of the details.

Thanks everyone, glad you liked them!

The only thing that disturbs me is the hat and hair on the first lady, they are not as perfect as the rest of the details.

The first figure is the only one I feel falls a little flat - the hair, for one, simple doesn't flow in the way the others do (I think you were right in the others going for "shape" instead of "strands") and the hat is too raised (though the tips of her stockings are a great and impressive touch!).

There's definitely a style difference there, as Izzy was the first one I built and I used a similiar style than on some of my Bionicle MOCs before coming up with a better standard on the second and the third figure.

Superb! :wub:

Firstly, I'm not sure if this belongs to the Sci-fi or the other themes

Here is good. :classic:

I've just seen these ones (probably because I had no access to the Internet when you posted them), and they are perfect! Even the faces are wonderful (though they are very simple due to the size), not to mention everything else where new connector parts are used instead of bionicle things.