kabel

GoH on Lego Fan Events

I will be at brickworld this year again and displaying a castle. Not sure if it will be GoH branded or not, I have been out of the GoH loop for the past few months. Either way stop by and say hi and I will try and swing around to find you all. If you are displaying what is your MOCs name? Mine is Knight's Forest Castle. I'll have some bricknerd stuff sitting out so you should be able to track me down by that.

My MOC will be the Lighthouse of Barqa I'm currently finishing for challenge II, cat C. Not going to bring the base however (due to size/weight considerations of the luggage) so it's more or less exactly what I took some WIP shots of earlier (since the WIP didn't show the missing side :wink:):

14100077109_b4577cef5f.jpg14100120809_1806a73fc4.jpg

I still think we should have a GoH gathering some time, when is everyone there? I'll probably be there from sometime early/mid-Thursday (arriving in the US on Wednesday and will stay at the convention center Thursday-Sunday)

Edited by Gideon

MOC packed in sections between my socks, off to the airport!

See you in Chicago! :classic:

Had a great time today meeting rogueang and some other Eurobrickers at Brickworld today. Saw Gideon's tower in person though I didn't meet him. It is as impressive as it looks in pictures!

Hope everyone had a great time! I really need to make Brickworld a priority next summer.

You should definitely try to make it next year. We're starting to pull in some other GoHers as well.

It was great to meet MKJosha and Gideon in person. MPOH was there as well and had a superb Princess Bride scene, but regrettably, he was never at his table when I stopped by.

rogueang, you're going to need to share some pictures with me of the tool you were using to work on the build when I came up to the table. It looked like a skewer with a Lego piece on one end and a q-tip on the other. How does it work and how does it help?

Too bad I wasn't around when you came by MKJoshA... Thanks rogueang for a great time at the EB table and for helping me get some more elves! :classic:

Is it allowed to make a separate topic for Brickmania Antwerpen 2014 in the GoH forum or do I have to do the coordination here?

Since it's my topic I'd say stay here, as it gets more attention this way.

Finally back in Europe after Brickworld now.

I usually don't do loot shots, but I couldn't resist this time :wink:

US Lego prices are so much cheaper...

14378282327_4de85b3e93_c.jpg

14561335631_bb5802937c_c.jpg

Man, Gideon, you really went for it! :laugh:

I'm totally with you on the LEGO prices being cheaper in the States though... that's where I am now and I have trouble walking out of a Walmart without spending $50!

Wow Gideon, how did you get this through customs? Hope you didn't have to go through Frankfurt on the way back because they are the worst.

Wow Gideon, how did you get this through customs? Hope you didn't have to go through Frankfurt on the way back because they are the worst.

They never asked me :wink:

Im going to skaerbaek to, i Think I will take my Cat C build with me (http://www.eurobrick...topic=96307&hl=) and i will also participate in the Swebrick medieval CB, it will be great to meet some of you there, it's my first time but everyone says it great!

Great to hear that you are coming too! Don't forget to register as an exhibitor before next week!

In addition to my Swebrick medieval collab module (Nordana Castle), I'm planning to bring the Swamplands Tower (Challenge 2.1 B), Barqan Hospital (Challenge 2.2 B) and Mitgardian Trade.

So all playable guilds will be represented in my builds :classic: I'm also thinking of maybe bringing the Unrest in Varlyrio as well to cover all 5 guilds, but that build is less "show-adapted" as its back sides did not get any attention and looks terrible.

Kaliphlin really deserves a better build, had I known that I would break a hand and an elbow I wouldn't have torn down the Lighthouse of Barqa at the end of Brickworld... But I suppose there's no harm in registering a build that is not yet built in the hopes of being able to finish it by late September? In that case I just have to decide which of my numerous ideas for Kaliphlin builds I should enter...and choose one that is reasonably easy to force-build in a couple of weeks with only one hand if needed :wink:

It's my first time there as well, looking forward to it so much!

Edited by Gideon

To all Europe GoH-members, we need you in Brickmania Antwerpen (Belgium, 15 & 16th of November)!!

So you can participate at a huge Belug VS GoH Castle lay-out

- There will be a battle with more than 600 minifigs!!

- some of the beauties that will be presented in the lay-out:

• 14556377602_7dc4e7fb07.jpg (By Bart Michielsen for Belug)
  • 13996969827_5ae1fe261b.jpg (By Nick Mortier for Belug)
  • 14546951477_c7070d6214.jpg (By myself for GoH)
  • 9051141030_0514dd5f9e.jpg (By myself for GoH)
  • IMG_1236.JPG (By Kabel, for GoH)
  • P1120702_zps0b32c0db.jpg (by Tomsche, for GoH)
  • & much much more

- GoH-members who will be there:

• Myself
  • Sebeus
  • Synbiote
  • Tomssche
  • Kabel
  • (also Bonaparte, but he will do a Pirate lay-out)

=> Saturday night there is a nice dinner with a lot of activities (and presents)!

=> do you want to be part of the team? Sign here or contact me :)

Looks awesome DM, I would love to attend some time! This year is not very suitable however as our second kid is due in mid-November :wink:

On another note (to someone who has been browsing the MOC card list for LFW Skaerbaek) is that I've signed up a substantial Barqa MOC...the only problem is that it's all in my head still :wink:

It's stated as 10k bricks and 6 weeks building time so that's what I have to aim for...

Edited by Gideon

(Continuing the discussion here in a more appropriate thread)

Hi :)

Angeli asked me to relay this msg:

" Hi guys :) Remember me? ;)

Long time no see, unfortunately.

As Drow where scheming and plotting (well, that should be expected from Drow:)), they (we:)) were exiled to the uncharted territories, and there we did nothing, as magic prevented us from returning here, in glorious lands of GoH :) For two years now, we've been quiet, but we followed the GoH story, silently :)

But, a large number of you will be visiting magical lands in Skaerbaek, during Fan weekend, with Goh related mocs - I will be there also :) Find me :) I will bring (I hope:) a tall red tower, so you can find me easier :)

In any case, I do hope we will be able to hang around together, swap war stories and drink and laugh together

Again, find me, as there is going to be 1000 people :) or contact me via e-mail: nemamime@yahoo.com

As I've seen there will be GoH table, I can bring something, if you want - I have 1m+ high tower, on 8x8 studs (very stable), 100 angels in same outfits (wings+ spartan helmet (and weapons), and another 100 angels, all unique, Drow warriors, Drow houses, etc. Just check my brickshelf, Trademeet is built, and I can bring anything.

And please, click me via e-mail or flickr, I don't want to push my luck with another post :) If you have a list of GoH people attending somewhere on forum, please link me :)

Here is the picture, so you can recognize my moc there, with a girl for size comparison:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Angeli/Trademeet/Construction/pack-01.jpg

So, my friends, see you soon, I hope :)

Angeli"

Looking forward to meeting you there and seeing some of what you the Drow have built!

It seems like all my smaller builds will be at the same table as you, so there's definitely some GoH representation in that part of the hall as well! I think the GoH table you are referring to is some kind of collab that Ecc et al have been up to building? That will no doubt be awesome!

Edited by Gideon

So how was the event, any pics and repots?

@Maxim: when and how do I have to register?