CM4Sci

Mixels 2014 Discussion

Some ideas:

Green/Brown- Floranians With Flower theme and eyes in flowers.

Orange/Red- Madicos Group- The always red and mad theme

Black/Dark- Red Stuntors - based loosly on vechicles.

White/Gold- Peace keepers- Legendary Mixel race that is said to rule that wacky world

Not sure about the stubby legs on the Wiztastics Max form, but the Spikels Max looks like an anthropomorphic piranha (though it curiously lacks a tail), which is neat. The Clorp Corp Max is my fav of the three, though. Nice end pieces on the arms, interesting stance -- with it being lower to the ground than some of others -- and the slobber/goo is a fun and potentially functional feature.

Thanks for sharing this find.

Saw Series 3 at Fred Meyer's tonight in Redmond, OR.

The display case is Dark red. Almost lost it among the Super Heroes sets, it matched so well!

I decided not to pick them up for now, as they are not quite high on my priority list at the moment.

Happy hunting!

I've checked ~5 stores in my area, and only one store even had Mixels. Only series 2 though.

I haven't tried my local Toys'R'Us yet, but I've had bad experiences in those stores before, so I'd much rather complete my collection at another store.

Why does it seem like Mixels aren't doing so well? I thought at first they flew off the shelves (making it hard to get the complete series 1), but now stores just don't seem to have them anymore. It's a shame, because they're cute little monsters that perfectly fit the idea of Lego, as well as being super cheap and good value.

Edited by Aedai Rivin

Why does it seem like Mixels aren't doing so well? I thought at first they flew off the shelves (making it hard to get the complete series 1), but now stores just don't seem to have them anymore. It's a shame, because they're cute little monsters that perfectly fit the idea of Lego, as well as being super cheap and good value.

That means they're doing better than expected, I believe. LEGO hasn't made the sufficient supply for the demand. I always see these suckers sell, actually.

I was at the Mall of America yesterday and I went in to the LEGO Store a few times. The first time they weren't there, but I went back again and all of the Series 3 Mixels were on a display!

-Sci

The entire series 3 was available at my local Target last week. I picked up the three Spikels (tan) and Wizwuz. I might pick up the rest of the Wiztastics (purple), but the green ones don't really do much for me because of the lime green and trans neon green. Now if they were dark green with trans-dark green that would be another story...

What do you think of Hoogi and Wizwuz? I like Hoogi because he's an ironic being (loves hugs, can't do it) and he's cutely monstrous. Wizwuz looks good, and I want the Chima energy blade used for his magic breath. Would you recommend them?

I actually haven't built the Spikels yet (they are supposed to be my birthday present next week), but Wizwuz surprised me--he's a charming little scorpion-type monster, a fantastic parts pack, and fun alt build MOC fodder all rolled into one. I hope to pick up one or two more of him (unless the Spikels prove even better), so yes I would definitely recommend.

I picked up Glomp, Torts, Hoogi, and Wizwuz today. All of them are great, but Torts has to be my favorite Series 3 Mixel. He's just so creative, wacky, and cute!

Found these guys at Target. Picked up Scorpi, Glurt, and Mesmo. All of them are fantastic.

Mesmo's hat eyebrows <3

I too find found Series 3 at Target. And at a Walgreens also, surprisingly. (I got 4 of them, 2 of the green and 2 of the purple.)

Edited by samuraiturtle

I noticed them at Walgreens, too. They had a few of Glurt and Torts, and a few of Scorpi and Footi. No Glomp, Hoogi, or Wiztastics.

Well, I'm trying Target AGAIN today, hopefully I find some series 3, especially the Spikels.

And damn, between Mixels, Chima, Bionicle, Ninjago, Pirates, Transformers, and Magic The Gathering I might not have enough money left to eat. :cry_sad:

Ninjago and Transformers I can mostly skip, since I was never really involved in Ninjago and I'm only really getting all the Dinobots. But Bionicle, Magic, Chima, and Mixels I've dedicated too much time and money to, so I have to prioritize them. And Pirates is soo cool too! ARGFJGHHGHHJKHFGJGHK

I'm just lucky that the new Elves theme is a girls one; had they been traditional minifigure elves I might've ripped my hair out.

http://imgur.com/a/zTsqH <-- Link to all the Lego 2015 stuff, by CM4Sci

Today I picked up Wizwuz, Glomp, and Hoogi. As expected, all are very cool.

Also, I think Spikels are my favorite of Series 3. They're just so adorable.