CM4Sci

Mixels 2014 Discussion

I hope these come to my local store. The binge purchase joy of the collectable minifigures, but even if you get a repeat, you get BRICKS. Including the new articulations. I think I might end up buying tons of these.

They show which one you're getting on the front of the packet, just like the Friends animals and the NinjaGo booster packs, so it's easier to not get duplicates.

Edited by TNT apples

Found me some Mixels! Since I've seen the fewest photos of them, I picked up the entire rock tribe - already love 'em, and I haven't even gotten into parts-swapping or the official combined mode yet. Of the three built by-the-book, I think Seismo is my favourite of this trio, though the other two are pretty close. Shuff's crystal topknot and Krader's ability to facepalm are certainly worth something, and all three of them are frankly adorkable.

Even as parts packs, these little guys are a gold mine of angle brackets and clips, and I really dig the new pieces as well, everything from the mini balljoints to the printed googly eyes and Nixel faces. So yes, will be picking up the other tribes, and looking forward to series 2 and 3!

With all the special colored pieces, these are a sure buy! (I'll probably get like 5 of each :classic:)

I wonder if they will release Nixels as well. :look:

With all the special colored pieces, these are a sure buy! (I'll probably get like 5 of each :classic:)

They are releasing Nixels! They're packed in with certain Mixels sets. Of the currently available sets, Vulk, Teslo, and Krader each come with one Nixel, and apparently they'll continue to be released one per Mixels tribe in future series.

Originally I didn't take much of a liking to any one Mixel among the Electroids tribe. But seeing the Max combination has suddenly made me want to get all three. Strange.

Originally I didn't take much of a liking to any one Mixel among the Electroids tribe. But seeing the Max combination has suddenly made me want to get all three. Strange.

It's like sodium-cloride, individual they are both poisonous, but together are escential for life

Picked up Zorch and Volectro last week. Built both and went back for Zaptor and Teslo today. Overall, these are very fun little builds with a lot of character. I love the facial elements, like the teeth and eyes. I think I'll probably go back for the rest of the red squad, but might pass on the black one - just not that appealing.

That's cuz it's a giant electric puppy-dog. You can not resist giant electric puppy-dog.

Speaking of the Electroids, I have Teslo, and I can't fathom how much I love him. He's like, the most generic of all the Mixels, but he's just got a certain lovable charm. Maybe it's that big ol' eye of his.

It's not so much an electric puppy as much as an electric velociraptor monster that can generate "d'awww"-s.

I was pretty hesitant at first, but I got Seismo last week and now I need them all! They're great! The best part is that you can probably buy lots of repeats too because they come with a great assortment of pieces!

Face palm.

Face palm.

Now, now. It's not like anyone who hasn't been intently following the discussion of these sets would know that Nixels are included in some of them. After all, there has been no advertisement of that fact anywhere on the LEGO site. The only way any of us could have known that prior to reviews popping up would have been to check the online building instructions.

Now, now. It's not like anyone who hasn't been intently following the discussion of these sets would know that Nixels are included in some of them. After all, there has been no advertisement of that fact anywhere on the LEGO site. The only way any of us could have known that prior to reviews popping up would have been to check the online building instructions.

I told him that like 10,000 times (we are best friends if you didn't know) every tribe has one Nixel.

i bought 2 to test the water and for the parts(zaptor and zorch) and have plans of grabbing shuff and debating about another zaptor. Definitely getting at least 2 orange dudes for parts and probably 2 of gobba for parts on the next wave. and i deinatly want wave 3 purple guys, scorpi, and torts. the sets are definatly going to be a good part pack source for some people. gotta be easier(and cheaper) then Bricklink hunting.

i think they are interesting as sets, valuable as Part packs for a lot of people, and a fair PPP count taking into account the unusual parts and colors in the waves.

I picked up Flain, Volectro and Seismo about a week ago. Having built all of them already, they are great little sets! I love the character of them, and the parts. They are, dare I say, adorable. So Muppet-like and fun. It's the spirit of LEGO in one little bag! Not disappointed at all. They open up a ton of fun and possibilities, and after the later two series are released, I hope this theme can be expanded into 2015 and beyond. Definitely going to try to collect them all. I am absolutely for the idea of breaking the sets down and making your own little monsters out of them. That is entirely the point of this theme: to give us awesome new combiner models at an affordable price! They are called Mixels, after all. I don't think The Man Upstairs would like this theme very much.

I'd like to mention that the Mixels are available in German LEGO stores now. Just picked up Seismo yesterday. I'm looking forward to build this little fellow. ^^

I finished out the Electroids tribe and the combo build was alittle disappointing - I was hoping it would use more of the pieces. The remaining material I had could almost build one (maybe small-ish) Mixel. I'll probably round out the Infernites tribe and then call it good. The Cragsters just don't look unique enough for me to bother. Really looking forward to the later series, though.

You need to mix it to the max. Don't follow the instructions :-)

Erland

Part Design

Even more fun: buying several copies of the same set. Then try to make something that looks like the same character. It's a near-impossible task if you're not an experienced MOCcer, and it can be a fun challenge no matter if you are one.

Got my second batch of Mixels: Zaptor, Shuff, and Vulk. Built the first two. Zaptor's a tall fellow, and Shuff is just adorably squat. I'm loving these guys.

Anyone seen the show yet?

Yes.

The discussion can be found here!

Needs a little more commenting love.

Edited by Penkid11

I'm heading to Walmart today to see if they have any of the sets. I have five bucks on hand and want a fourth Mixel... with a Nixel. Who should I go for: Vulk, Teslo, or Krader?