Bob De Quatre

Home Sweet Home - Sci-Fi contest

You can build from any video games or movies, except for star wars since it's not covered by Eurobricks Sci-Fi subforum :wink:

Thank you very much for the lightning speed response, I look forward to trying to spend some spare time building for this competition :classic:

I mean like wired lights inside the actual MOC. Such as Lifelites. :classic:

Would those be okay?

Lifelites are considered third party custom bricks... so not allowed :sceptic:

I presume that lighting inside MOC with LEGO Light Bricks is allowed??

What if my MOC is 16x16 in size and there are some relief features on the wall which are 2.2 studs overhanging? Will it be taken as 16x18 MOC?

Edited by TrapleS

What if my MOC is 16x16 in size and there are some relief features on the wall which are 2.2 studs overhanging? Will it be taken as 16x18 MOC?

From the rules:

• Entries should be dioramas or vignettes measuring no larger than 16x16 for Category B or 48x48 for Category A, with an overhang of no more than 3 studs.

Sadly I've been sick for few weeks and unable to build. Best of luck to those entering! :)

I've really enjoyed seeing these. I had several ideas, but family/work commitments have prevented me from entering the contest. But, keep up the good work, All. Some great stuff!

• All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts, no digital entries.

If it's only a pair of minifig arms and if it's not an important part of your build, I think it should be ok. But if someone complains about it, be warned that your entry may end up disqualified...

The rules say that the entry must be "a vignette or a diorama". Are non-solid bases qualified? For example, if my entry would stand on several long supports, do they have to be connected on a one base/plate/baseplate or can they stand on smaller units like in this extremely complex five-piece example:

supercomplexsupportexample.JPG

The rules say that the entry must be "a vignette or a diorama". Are non-solid bases qualified? For example, if my entry would stand on several long supports, do they have to be connected on a one base/plate/baseplate or can they stand on smaller units like in this extremely complex five-piece example:

I'd say that, even if there are smaller units with or without connections between them, the whole build has to fit the size restrictions. For exemple if you have two 16x8 plates with a 2 studs gap between them, the whole size is 18x16, so too big for the 16x16 category.

My austronaut`s home has not much furniture. Will you allow my entry for competition?

As long as it complies with the rules, every entry is accepted :classic:

Here's my entry! Thanks for drawing me back to Eurobricks Bob De Quatre, I've been gone so long I've forgotten my password...twice. :snicker:

14071483234_cb47d27902_z.jpg

Links to Flickr and the EB post.

Like Chapachuk, I hope I didn't screw up. :wink:

Edited by A Plastic Infinity