C0zmic

LEGOLAND non-production parts

Looking over that flickr account makes me so jealous...

I am especially jealous over the clips with stud (I have so many uses for those in so many MOCs), the yellow octagonal cross pieces, the trans-yellow whip antennae and of course all the other cool trans parts he has acquired :)

As transparent colors are another kind of plastic, that may also for testing purpose (either test the mold or test how the part behalves)

1 hour ago, antp said:

As transparent colors are another kind of plastic, that may also for testing purpose (either test the mold or test how the part behalves)

Maybe, though I was under the impression that most Technic parts are polycarbonate (the material used for transparent parts) whether they're transparent or not. Don't know whether that'd be the case with these.

56 minutes ago, mpfirnhaber said:

Not my picture, but I just bought the brick. I've never seen a marbled Duplo 2x4 before :)

Fancy! I love the colors—it looks almost like a 2x4-shaped globe!

While wanting to buy from B&P a second pair of bright light blue minifig pants, I discover that the part was actually not in any set.

I got this fig from a "build a minifig" station in a Lego Store:

5af51e5ceb3035163814117e5c7b5963d0c6c386

The hair is obviously from the Lego Movie figs, the torso from the ice skater collectable fig,

As these legs existed in printed version for Lego Movie figs, I guess that's their origin, they must have had an unprinted extra remaining stock they got rid via the Stores.

Edited by antp

On 2/9/2017 at 8:40 AM, q_159 said:

And I have these awesome Trans-Clear hands :wub:

Those are so awesome.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, q_159 said:

By the way, there is also this test-run minifig somewhere in a drawer at Billund (photo from Derek)

The Human Torch calls for backup

Looks like a Nexo Knight!

On 19.7.2016 at 10:43 AM, 1974 said:

castle_proto_dwarfs_mine_1.JPG

Hey guys - i dont know much about q parts/ prototypes and their availiability - but is that a BEAR in this Set? If you zoom in at the little hut entrance - does anyone know if that thing has ever made it out for sale?

6 hours ago, Ron Dayes said:

Hey guys - i dont know much about q parts/ prototypes and their availiability - but is that a BEAR in this Set? If you zoom in at the little hut entrance - does anyone know if that thing has ever made it out for sale?

Well I know a bear was made for some "city" sets a few years back. Actually it was for a sub theme (like Forest). Not to mention the bears that came out of the Friends sets. 

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well I know a bear was made for some "city" sets a few years back. Actually it was for a sub theme (like Forest). Not to mention the bears that came out of the Friends sets. 

Well a few years, speaking of how many? This here was 40 years ago...that might be the first minifig related bear they ever made perhaps....

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

You're probably thinking of Forest police where 2 sets contained what bricklink calls "Bear with 2 Studs on Back and Dark Tan Muzzle Pattern".

2 hours ago, Ron Dayes said:

Well a few years, speaking of how many? This here was 40 years ago...that might be the first minifig related bear they ever made perhaps....

Well this stuff here. 

1 hour ago, grove said:

You're probably thinking of Forest police where 2 sets contained what bricklink calls "Bear with 2 Studs on Back and Dark Tan Muzzle Pattern".

Their was also a set that had a polar bear, you got a link to that. :wink: 

That's from @30 years ago, not quite 40. It looks like it could be a bear or oversized wolf (like a warg I suppose). Good spot!

By the way @1974, do you perhaps know what this particular minifigure head might have been made for? Is there a year molded on to it for possible deduction of its usage?

Spoiler

spacey_trancey_1.JPG

Also, do you know anything or at least have any good guesses about this one green helmet part on the bottom left corner of this below posted picture? To me, its design seems to suggest like Lego was toying with a sort of space knights theme back then, kind of like a Nexo Knights of the 1990's. :wacko:

Spoiler

odd_78.JPG

15 hours ago, whitswj said:

I have no idea. All I know is that it was developed/ made in the late 90's. For me, it will be  in a space miners MOC based on the collectible minifigure series. 

That sure sounds cool, I really would like to see that! I've seen a few of your creations that make usage of that unreleased Trans-yellow version of part no. 45705, which is definitely a part I am quite envious of! :excited: Unless it was merely just a test part, I do wonder what that recolor would have been used for. :shrug_oh_well:

I'm guessing Aquazone, it's remarkably similar to these:

6089.jpg

And the trans red head looks familiar, coincidentally (or not) on an Aquazone body

On 26.7.2017 at 2:50 AM, Artanis I said:

That's from @30 years ago, not quite 40. It looks like it could be a bear or oversized wolf (like a warg I suppose). Good spot!

perhaps - the greenish eyes irritate me of being 100% on a bear, but that might also be reflections and bad pixelation from the quality. I'll do a sketch based on the outlinings and see how it looks. I really wonder where that picture came from - someone must know something...

On 7/27/2017 at 3:16 AM, Artanis I said:

I'm guessing Aquazone, it's remarkably similar to these:

Yes, it definitely reminded me of that piece; but still, it's rather unusual. To me, it looks something like a space Spartan helmet. It would help to know if it has dimples on the sides to clip a visor on, and what was that clip on the top of the mold intended for? 

On 7/25/2017 at 11:56 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Well this stuff here. 

Their was also a set that had a polar bear, you got a link to that. :wink: 

The first Lego Bear that was actually available would be the 2000 Polar bear, which looks similar to what (tiny bit) we can see in the old mine.

76147c01.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=76147c01&name=Polar Bear&category=[Animal, Land]#T=C