Sign in to follow this  
Spencer_R

MOC: Petronas Towers

Here's my latest: the twin Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.

Roughly 1/650th scale.

My favorite feature is the model's skybridge connecting the two towers. I built it as a simply supported slip joint - and it works much like it does on the real building. I can gently push the towers around in different directions and bridge will not come apart. :classic:

13526258903_2a0f78fa8d.jpg

13525995465_ca545255f0.jpg

13525898465_d7b30dcb37_t.jpg13526051723_ce395d4885_t.jpg13526029933_e8c7b1e3d7_t.jpg

I'm breathless on describing how amazing this is!

I was looking through all your other structures, and you do AMAZING work. I especially enjoy admiring your 911 memorial buildings. Beautiful creations for sure.

Wow, simply breathtaking! The amount of effort and concentration you've devoted to this amazing build is mind-boggling! Well done!

Definitely looks like the real thing! What a fine model...congratulations!

My son built this one after a visit to KL, and hubby spent a weekend adding interior lights via a harness on the back of the build. It lights up beautifully. And used a zillion bricks and a box or two of 4 by 4 glass walls.

I went up at night when the city lights are amazing. The view is quite good on a clear night. The skybrige is an exciting walk and an amazing engineering feat. A bit scary to look down from there, too!

During these hard times for Malaysia, it is wonderful that your model stands out and supports their national pride.

The scale and attention to detail is very impressive. I don't know much about world architecture, so I've never heard of this building. But the LEGO version is impressive. I especially like the water effect using those tiles. I hadn't thought of doing that before. I may have to do that for my mini Hogwarts build.

I was looking through all your other structures, and you do AMAZING work. I especially enjoy admiring your 911 memorial buildings. Beautiful creations for sure.

I build everything to same 1/650th scale.

I keep going cross-eyed trying to count... How many studs is that base? I think it's 64x64... Is that right?

Close. 60x60

Wow! I'm not a fan of architecture theme but your MOC is amazing!!!! I really enjoy it! Congrats, this is really impressive!