today i builded rc trike "GT trike 2" and drived it, ir was powerful, fast, and ugly

top speed 13,9 km/h

kcal burned (me) 9

today will make 2nd speed run, updates coming soon.

Edited by gregorijs3kivi

You're burning calories running after it?

@___@ I don't understand your thread.

You're burning calories running after it?

@___@ I don't understand your thread.

i puted my dads phone in pocket and used endo mondo to walking mode, lol

update!

in 2nd speed run reached 15,4 km/h

and in the 3rd speed run reached 19,3 km/h

Can we have a video?

later, i am hungry after running :grin:

19,3? That's realy fast!

I ordered a lego speed computer some days ago so it will be easy for me to measure the speed of my vehicles :)

19,3? That's realy fast!

I ordered a lego speed computer some days ago so it will be easy for me to measure the speed of my vehicles :)

endo mondo is better :blush:

and it is free

Sorry to say, it's very inaccurate.

Please get a reliable speed measure, using the cellphone and looking at peek value isn't accurate.

Measure a distance and clock how fast you can drive it from start to finish, then calculate the speed as measured in km/h.

To measure the distance you can either use some tape measure but in case you don't have a 50 meter you could also investigate the possibility to use google maps if the satellite (airplane photo) view have good detail in your area, you look for two points outside that are easy to use as start and stop IRL and measure the distance on the web page.

Best if you can have a friend use a stop watch (there are apps for that) while you drive the trike and you should start measuring at full speed (pass the start point with full speed).

The better the time measuring you can make the less distance you need to use for testing without loosing precision.

So say x is the distance you use. In the example x = 50. To get the s/km (seconds per km) we multiply it with z = 20, i.e. 50 * 20 = 1000

And the time your 50 meter drive took is y seconds, say 12.0

y * z = w, 12.0 * 20 = 240 s/km

And now divide 1 hour (3600 seconds) with w, 3600 / 240 = 15 km/h.

Edited by Aqualize

Measuring the peak speed of your phone moving in your hand, really isn't very accurate.. Still, I like the design of your trike.. do you have some pictures uploaded?

Please get a reliable speed measure, using the cellphone and looking at peek value isn't accurate.

Measure a distance and clock how fast you can drive it from start to finish, then calculate the speed as measured in km/h.

To measure the distance you can either use some tape measure but in case you don't have a 50 meter you could also investigate the possibility to use google maps if the satellite (airplane photo) view have good detail in your area, you look for two points outside that are easy to use as start and stop IRL and measure the distance on the web page.

Best if you can have a friend use a stop watch (there are apps for that) while you drive the trike and you should start measuring at full speed (pass the start point with full speed).

The better the time measuring you can make the less distance you need to use for testing without loosing precision.

So say x is the distance you use. In the example x = 50. To get the s/km (seconds per km) we multiply it with z = 20, i.e. 50 * 20 = 1000

And the time your 50 meter drive took is y seconds, say 12.0

y * z = w, 12.0 * 20 = 240 s/km

And now divide 1 hour (3600 seconds) with w, 3600 / 240 = 15 km/h.

Wouldn't this give the average speed over the 50m? If you have a light gate or something like that you can:

Measure the distance of your trike, say this is x

Drive it at top speed through the light gate, say the time it takes to pass the gate is y

speed = x/y

Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

Wouldn't this give the average speed over the 50m? If you have a light gate or something like that you can:

Measure the distance of your trike, say this is x

Drive it at top speed through the light gate, say the time it takes to pass the gate is y

speed = x/y

Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

Dunno but I use a speed calc from the net and check it again with different calc, taking a video and using a video editor to show an accurate time of the run would work proberbly well enough to get a decent result.

Measuring the peak speed of your phone moving in your hand, really isn't very accurate.. Still, I like the design of your trike.. do you have some pictures uploaded?

it was in pocket

i think it really is some 19 km/h. i was tired after running it

it was in pocket

i think it really is some 19 km/h. i was tired after running it

Sorry, but it sounds funny that you can determine the actual speed "really is 19 km/h" from your "tired" condition :)

I really need to clock what my custom RC MOCs reach. I'm sure it's 19 kmh or more :P But I haven't built in a while. A suggestion-place your camera on the ground so we can see from a distance just how fast it is going-otherwise a shaky video while running is pretty hard to judge speed with.

Edited by z3_2drive

Why don't you mount the phone on the vechicle itself? That would be far better than just running after it, but not as good as a proper distance/time measurement as others have noted.

Why don't you mount the phone on the vechicle itself? That would be far better than just running after it, but not as good as a proper distance/time measurement as others have noted.

It will add a lot of weight onto the model (100+ grams) which will affect the performance.

I really need to clock what my custom RC MOCs reach. I'm sure it's 19 kmh or more :P But I haven't built in a while. A suggestion-place your camera on the ground so we can see from a distance just how fast it is going-otherwise a shaky video while running is pretty hard to judge speed with.

i asked my dad to film it, but the video was bad, really bad, it is to fast

It will add a lot of weight onto the model (100+ grams) which will affect the performance.

True, but how much will the performance suffer? That extra weight is probably no more than maybe 20% of the vehicle weight (happy to be corrected here). At least the OP can get an accurate lower bound for the maximum speed - what he's got now is essentially wothless, as others have said.

It will improve the grip, though.