Debricker

Darth Revan minifig (and other May the 4th promotions)

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Edit:
In the past, we've had discussion topics for the May 4
th
promotions separate from the rumors topic and availability topic, simply because it's such a big event. I've edited the title so that this topic is more of an overall discussion of all the promotions, not just the exclusive minifig.
-Brickdoctor

i was reading up on the may the 4th promotions and I found out that Darth Revan is the Promo fig

revan.jpg

If you don't know about Darth Revan here is a short bio from wookiepedia:

"was a Human male who played pivotal roles as both Jedi and Sith in the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War."

So what do you think is it one of the best exclusives fig so far, could there have been a better choice?

Wait, is this real?

If it is, that's a great minifigure!...

Edited by Lego Spy

My opinion remains that if given the entire EU to pick a promotional exclusive minifig out of, Revan is not the logical popular choice when compared to the Maras and Thrawns of the EU. But, as Pie said (in the 2014 Rumors topic), Revan may be the safe choice as far as a more recent canon character, with a lot of the better-known EU characters' canon status threatened by Episode VII. I'm sure this'll please quite a few KotOR fans, but I have no interest in it.

By the way, in the past, we've had discussion topics for the May 4th promotions separate from the rumors topic and availability topic, simply because it's such a big event. I've edited the title so that this topic is more of an overall discussion of all the promotions, not just the exclusive minifig.

Revan is not the logical popular choice when compared to the Maras and Thrawns of the EU.

He's a pretty mainstream EU character nonetheless, I think. I'm a fan of KotOR and I would really like to pick this figure up!

What color is his head. It looks little pinkish, but it seems to be grey...weird, it should be black.

What color is his head. It looks little pinkish, but it seems to be grey...weird, it should be black.

I am not sure, but maybe the gray may just be a mask as it seems metallic gray...

Getting hold these "special" figures is one of my favourite parts of being a Leo Collector. This one isn't the best they have done, nor is it the worst. Worst has to be the Hoth Han from last year and the best probably The Chrome Vader. I would really like them to stick to colour variants or Chomies rather than ordinary figures.

If this is true, then I'll definitely be spending the required amount of money to get it. He's one of my favourite Star Wars characters.

I think he is a great choice but the bigger part may think he is not the most appropriate decision to make for a promo fig. The KoTOR universe is not that popular therefore being a special minifig he will not appeal to most LSW fans. Although it's strange that wookieepedia mentions Revan as a "he" because in the game you can choose the gender, also in the Old Republic game you encounter Revan and he appears to be a male character...

I think he is a great choice but the bigger part may think he is not the most appropriate decision to make for a promo fig. The KoTOR universe is not that popular therefore being a special minifig he will not appeal to most LSW fans. Although it's strange that wookieepedia mentions Revan as a "he" because in the game you can choose the gender, also in the Old Republic game you encounter Revan and he appears to be a male character...

You can choose the gender, but the Old Republic series needed a clear canon version of Revan, so one was decided upon. Since wookieepedia uses ALL of these as a source, Revan is referred to as a male. I'm still glad he's getting made at all.

So, how would one acquire this figure? Because I'd want a Revan. SHE is pretty badass (screw canon, Revan was a chick for me).

S@H will give it to you if you spend x-amount of dollars/pounds/euros/etc. from May 3rd to May 5th. (They say that this money has to be spent on Star Wars sets, but in the past, we've been able to buy other themes and still get the promo. I got TC-14 a couple years ago even though the only thing I bought was the Kingdoms Joust.) If you miss that, they might be available as giveaways at events or parts of other promotions, but there's no guarantee.

I have an update for how much you need to spend for Darth Revan and a better picture. Also I believe that Darth Revan's face looks a little pink because of the glow of the lightsaber.

Also news about the Star wars day minifig. The minifig may be the TC-4 minifig that was said to be given in Hong Kong.

13478299063_93e99b3926.jpg

tc-4.jpg

NO FREAKING WAY! This had better not be a joke! Revan is my favorite character in all of Star Wars lore! I will defintely find a way to get this!

If someone has UK store calendar for May, can you post it here? I'm curious to see what events are planned for the UK.

Should be Sandcrawler

Haven't we seen from S@H that the Sandcrawler is going to be a late April/early May release? I haven't followed exclusives from other themes, but I assume the set listed on the calendar on the 17th is not an SW set.