Sign in to follow this  
dastolidigital

Escape from Sabre Island - A Brickfilm

Hey there, I just wanted to share a brickfilm I made with the classic pirates community. When I was a kid, pirates was always my favorite LEGO genre, and of all the sets, Sabre Island is the only one that my mother kept :( For this film, I started with Sabre Island and made a mountainous beach leading up to a prison that is my own take on a combination of Lagoon Lock-Up and Broadside's Brig. All the minifigs used are from the original pirates wave, but I did use newer colored bricks for all the terrain.

Here is the youtube link to the film:

I hope you all enjoy it!

post-122958-0-91416700-1396043913_thumb.jpg

I usually feel like most Brickfilms aren't worth the time it takes to watch them (so I very tentatively clicked the play button), but this is good quality, both the animation and the sfx. Well done!

this is one of the best brickfilms ive seen in the forum! love it!

Very good animation, nice moc, funny story, everything is there, I subscribed to your channel, bring us more!

What an awesome video! Very well done!

-Glad you picked up on the whole "backpack goes on top of epaulette" default_tong.gif

Do you plan on making any more pirate themed films? Would you be willing to?

AB

Really great work. The story is funny, the quality is great. I hope you will make more of this wonderful films.

Outstanding work on this! Excellent animations and sound. The landscaping is top-notch as well! pirate_laugh2.gif

This is very well done, great quality, keep that up pirate_classic.gif .

Simply amazing! Great effects, both visual and audio. Looks like an official Pirates' teaser from the 90's. Top!

I definitely watched that official 1990s teaser a bunch of times while figuring out what stuff I wanted in it. I'm glad you all like it. Building the terrain was probably the most fun part. I had never built anything mountainous before. As far as future brickfilms, I haven't really thought about what's next yet. Aside from pirates, my second favorite when I was a kid was the forestmen from castle, so who knows what the future holds.

My fiancee just posted some behind the scenes photos on her blog where you can see us putting together the set here: http://thesageowlblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/escape-from-sabre-island-a-lego-brickfilm/

Congratulations to this nice film! The quality is awesome and the terrain is detailed. I especially like the classical pirates look!

Good quality, nice sounds effecs, and i like the fact they dont talk, that usualy screws it up.

I really like the classic cartoon hints. The cannonballs dropped in the head, and the hat hanging in air, when he felt down. Nice touches, and a happy ending is always nice.

Well done! Great quality, good music and sound effects, and I also like the fact that you see the trees moving in the wind.

It's also funny to see the minifigs making short sounds but speaking no real language. Yet it's clear what they mean.

Clever thumbup.gif

Great video!

Really good quality in terms of picture, lighting and sound! Love the waves at the start! I also like the slight over-animation of the actions - gives it a unique feel!

Certainly captures the 90's pirates theme and simplicity magnificently!

I hope you all enjoy it!

Yes, I did! thumbup.gif

This brickfilm was quite well animated, the frame-rate wasn't too staccato and you've injected a goodly amount of humour.

My only criticism is the score... It's typical contemporary "Disney Pirates of the Caribbean-esque" music which has been done to death. Where did the music originate from anyway?