Sign in to follow this  
Legoman123

Future Simpsons Set Ideas

I don't think there is a topic for this, and I know there has been a lot of talk about future sets. Anyway I would love to see Moe's Tavern as it's my favourite location from the TV series (I know it probably won't happen because of the relation to alcohol). But what do you guys want to see from the future of the Simpsons theme?

Edited by Legoman123

I want a Power Plant, a Kwik-E-Mart, a Krusty Burger, a Moe's (as if. :( ), a Springfield Elementary, a Flanders' House, and the doughnut shop. Ooh, and a school bus. I'm sure there's more.

With the Quality of the Simpsons House, I feel Like most other sets Would be Out Of Scale and Lackluster, However Id love the School, Neds House, The Kwik e Mart, Moes (Now selling Root beer), and The power Plant (To make Steel)

Honestly, I'd prefer the Simpsons not go any farther. I've never been keen on them in the first place. Unlike Star Wars and Super Heroes, they're not exactly palatable for young children.

Honestly, I'd prefer the Simpsons not go any farther. I've never been keen on them in the first place. Unlike Star Wars and Super Heroes, they're not exactly palatable for young children.

Super Heroes is partially based off the comics. Some of those comics are way more inappropriate than the most inappropriate Simpsons episode.

The Super Hero sets aren't based on the comics so much as they are the movies and the cartoons.

Super Heroes is partially based off the comics. Some of those comics are way more inappropriate than the most inappropriate Simpsons episode.

I'll have to agree with you about the in appropriateness of the comics.

But, can we please get back on topic? I'd like to see a androids dungeon on a 16x32 baseplate, and a school bus and Marge's car. The school would probably be too big to be made into a set.

Lots of locales, such as the school, would indeed be unfeasible as sets if built in their entirety, but I think many could work as commercial releases if done the way most other buildings in official sets are, as facades and other partial structures.

However, I can also see TLG leaving it at just the Simpsons' house and a number of series of minifigures. Having a few more series, with all the attendant accessories and whatnot, would actually offer a pretty substantial base of material for MOCists.

I'll have to agree with you about the in appropriateness of the comics.

But, can we please get back on topic? I'd like to see a androids dungeon on a 16x32 baseplate, and a school bus and Marge's car. The school would probably be too big to be made into a set.

I actually built a decent school in LDD that managed to be only 2300 parts. I'll open a new thread for it.

I actually built a decent school in LDD that managed to be only 2300 parts. I'll open a new thread for it.

I've just seen that and it looks really good. :classic:

I don't think there is a topic for this, and I know there has been a lot of talk about future sets. Anyway I would love to see Moe's Tavern as it's my favourite location from the TV series (I know it probably won't happen because of the relation to alcohol). But what do you guys want to see from the future of the Simpsons theme?

Agreed. I'd like to see a Moe's Tavern set as well.

I don't think there'll be any other Simpsons set.

I believe there was an interview with a Lego designer who said that if the house sold well then we would see more sets. Edited by Legoman123

Sheesh!

If they included DEADPOOL and VENOM, and Aldrich krillian (Who committed suicide in the comics), then a show about a dysfunctional family is WAY too inappropriate.

I think they should try to make some smaller sets, so the Simpsons house is kept as the main set.

Maybe Otto's school bus would be great, Mr Burns office, Homers desk, or Barts tree house

Yep, more huge and high-priced sets would be awful for those who want to buy some Simpsons, but cannot afford 200€ / $ sets. I'd love the Simpsons house, but for me, as a student at 28 this seems way to much money for a LEGO set.

Tree house and school bus both seem good sets, mid to lower price-range and totally playable. They make sense in the context of the TV show, too.

You don't have to strictly stay with the iconic buildings to make a Simpsons set. A Simpsons superhero set could be fun. Homer as Pie Man, Bart as Bartman, Lisa as Clobber Girl, and Milhouse as Fallout Boy has a lot of possibilities.

The desire for Ned's house seems to be an odd one. What is it about his house that is desirable? It's not much of a setpiece like Moe's Tavern or the Power Plant would be. Other than his rarely seen bar/gameroom, there's nothing notable there. What am I missing?

I wouldn't mind another set of mini figures to be honest. There are still some characters like Willie, Smithers, Barney, Lenny, Carl, Otto, Comic book guy etc they can easily fill out another 16 characters for another series.

As for sets the school bus would be a nice addition. Maybe the comic book store as well.

Edited by Bluecoupe

i agree with Soundmanred, I don't see the appeal of Neds house. It would end up being very similar to the Simpsons house and would sell really badly compared to it.

How about the snow plow from Mr Plow episode from season 4. It could come with a custom minifigure jacket. Also a lot cheaper than another big set.

Bart's Treehouse: Set includes Bart with molded cap, Milhouse with different expression, Jimbo (the bully), Martin, and Santa's Little Helper. Set comes with the famous treehouse with various functions, such as falling pieces of wood, a trapdoor in the interior, a foldable ladder, and various comics and cans of Buzz Cola inside. Also includes hiding spots to hide from Jimbo. Set also includes see-saw and another tree with hammock in between the two trees. Retail: £34.99

Otto's School Bus: Set includes Lisa with different expression and books, Otto with smartphone, Sherri, Terri, and Principal Skinner. set includes school bus with opening doors (and not the specially molded doors, instead brick built substitutes) seating for 12, and drivers' seat with various controls. Set retail: £39.99

The Qwik-E-Mart: Set includes Marge with different expression, Apu, Lenny, Carl, and Helen Lovejoy. Set includes Kwik-E-Mart with detailed interior, with aisles with various items apon the shelves, counter with beef jerky behind a glass counter, the Squissee Machine, and shopping trolleys. Its exterior would reveal graffiti and a dumpster. Set also includes Marge's car. Retail: £69.99

Springfield Power Plant: set includes Homer in hazmat attire, Mr Burns in blue suit, Mr. Smithers, Lenny and Carl in shirts and ties, and Burns' Lawyer. Set includes the nuclear power plant with two smoke stacks and main building with fully furnished interior, containing Homer's office with computer screens where you can change the status of the plant to meltdown (similar to the sreen on the Death Star), a drawer filled with donuts, and a picture frame with his family on it. Also inside is the radioactive zone, with a conveyor belt filled with plutonium and a sign saying "three days without an accident" with a collapsible ladder underneath. Next, there is the break room, with blender, microwave, a stack of plates and couch. Finally, Mr Burns' Office contains huge red chair, large desk, grandfather clock, bookcase and a function in which a button on the desk would reveal a trapdoor to the hounds when pressed. Retail: £122.99

For me the one I'd love to see is Mr Plow and his truck. Lego love vehicles and apart from the school bus there aren't a lot of interesting options.

For me the one I'd love to see is Mr Plow and his truck. Lego love vehicles and apart from the school bus there aren't a lot of interesting options.

They could actually do a few "Simpsons Great Vehicle" sets. The School Bus, the Homer, Mr. Plow, Krusty and his Canyonairo, chief Wiggums Squad Car, Snakes muscle car. The RV.