rx79gez8gundam

Sienar Fleet Systems T-4a Lambda-Class Imperial Shuttle

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is my movie-accurate Lambda-Class Imperial Shuttle, designed from pictures of the movie model, set photos of the full-scale mockup used for filming, and the book Star Wars Complete Cross Sections. It is highly detailed inside and out, with a full interior with space for 6 minifigures in the cockpit and a further 18 in the cargo/passenger compartment and a detailed drive section. The wings are fully positionable, as is the boarding ramp, wing cannons, and fully retracting landing gear. The MOC borrowed the basic head design from the UCS model but is 1.5 times larger and much more faithful to the source material. This MOC took a week to build, with particular challenges in the wing fold mechanism and landing gear. Would love to hear feedback!

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/380384

13101866345_59681c6f77.jpg

Wow, this is incredible (and on a par with your UCS AT-AT! :wub: :wub: :wub: I'd love to see this built, it's a considerable improvement on the official version. I've deep-linked one of the images below:

13915550882_SPLASH.jpg

Cheers, Robin :classic:

Wow, this is incredible (and on a par with your UCS AT-AT! :wub: :wub: :wub: I'd love to see this built, it's a considerable improvement on the official version. I've deep-linked one of the images below:

13915550882_SPLASH.jpg

Cheers, Robin :classic:

I would love to build it, but it would cost a considerable amount of funds to collect the necessary pieces. Also, as I used LDD Extended, some of the colors are not physically available (at least not currently). I'm hoping to be able to build one of my aircraft first, possibly my AV-8B Harrier II Plus or F-8E Crusader.

This is my favourite ship from star wars. I have the ucs version which is brilliant in itself, but yours! Yours iI just amazing! It even has an interior too and looks to be closer to minifig scale! Are there more pictures of the interior? Do the wings fold as well as the official version?

This is my favourite ship from star wars. I have the ucs version which is brilliant in itself, but yours! Yours iI just amazing! It even has an interior too and looks to be closer to minifig scale! Are there more pictures of the interior? Do the wings fold as well as the official version?

Their are lots of pictures on the linked Mocpages site for it, including the detailed cockpit and passenger compartment. It also shows the wings in both flight and landing modes, as well as the retractable landing gear. The wings are not geared like the UCS version, as I chose instead to feature a detailed interior. Adding a gear drive system for the wings would have negated this, as it did on the UCS Shuttle.

That is a fine looking UCS Lambda Shuttle, for sure. I would also like to see this in real life, I can't imagine how expensive it would be though, even if all the pieces were actually available.

That is a fine looking UCS Lambda Shuttle, for sure. I would also like to see this in real life, I can't imagine how expensive it would be though, even if all the pieces were actually available.

The only ones I know for sure aren't available as represented (in white) are the 1x2x2 sloped grated pieces I used on the bottom as vents, but that's not to say they won't be in the future. For now this exists only digitally, with the final part count in the 7,300 element range. I shudder to think what this would cost me to physically build, asmuch as I love the model. This is also why I work primarily in LDD, real bricks simply cost too much when you're on a limited means.

Yes. According to LDD, they aren't available in white. I used LDD Extended to color things as I wished, even though the parts may not necessarily be available physically in those colors. Pretty much everything else should be, however. With my Star Wars models I try to keep the colors to available ones. My aircraft I bend the rules to match real world paint schemes and transparent canopies. My original LDD aircraft picture uploads were all based on physical color availabilites, however. This is why my early Phantoms had blue canopies instead of the later transparent style.

Ahhh. They are available in white apparantly :grin:

No excuse not to make this now :wub:

Looks like LDD was wrong! Now just need several hundred dollars and a distracted wife! :-P