rx79gez8gundam

McDonnell Douglas/BAE AV-8B Harrier II Plus

Just finished a 3 day build of the Harrier II Plus radar equipped version, as used by the US Marine Corps, Italian Navy, and Spanish Navy. Features include a detailed cockpit with room for 1 minifigure and an opening sliding canopy, opening radome with radar antenna, fully functional landing gear including wingtip "pogo" gear, rotating V/STOL exhaust nozzles, positionable airbrakes, positionable inflight refueling probe, and fully poseable flight control surfaces including doublelayered flaps, ailerons, and all moving horizontal stabilators. Would love any feedback, and please check my other aircraft MOCs on Mocpages and Flickr!

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/384426

13396838353_5606352fa0.jpg

AV-8B Harrier II Plus carrier based V/STOL attack/close air support/fighter aircraft

Edited by rx79gez8gundam

Just added my AV-8B Harrier II MOC to this section, it has the same features asmy Harrier II Plus but lacks the opening radome and radar (as the earlier version of the Harrier did not have this). I finished it in the original 2 color olive drab and dark grey camoflauge scheme the Harrier II served in, and backdated the model to remove the chaff/flare dispensers at the forward base of the vertical stabilator. Have a look and leave feedback please!

13434592743_f19a702b20.jpg

AV-8B Harrier II carrier based V/STOL attack/close air support/fighter aircraft

Edited by rx79gez8gundam

Another excellent rendition. If you'd build all the aircraft you've posted here, you'd have serious kick-megablocks shelve to show of!

Question: what is with the green front of the windshield?

To answer both questions;

The green windscreen is sun tinting, present on alot of older combat aircraft with multiple piece forward windscreens. Newer aircraft with one piece canopies don't have it. I'm glad you pointed it out, I got so used to building it into my aircraft I glossed over the fact that the Harrier had a newer one piece forward windscreen and no tinting. I've corrected it and am posting new renders without it.

As for the camo, I've also corrected that as the colors weren't quite right. The grey was too dark in relation to the green available in LEGO's color palette, so I've dropped down a shade of grey and it's looks much more correct now. This is also fixed in the new render, as is the landing gear doors being closed when the gear are down (a feature on the real aircraft).

Thanks for looking!

Very nice! For some reason, I think the camo version captures the look a bit more... Both very well done, though.