Yules

Tribute to Exo-Force

Since That LDD, I never had the chance to build these models I designed in real life, and even if I could I heard that it was quite expensive so I will show them how they looked in LDD.

So here they are :grin: Hopefully you like them

- Just to have a topic question: Would anyone know how tall these mechs would be in real life?

- Anyone ideas for names, stats armor rating etxc

wrecker07_by_anguirus02-d7blr7v.png

wrecker09_by_anguirus02-d7bls42.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

untitled2_by_anguirus02-d7bltpn.png

any ideas for names?

They both look like transformed versions of an Apache Helicoptor and an A-10 Warthog - so I would say the first one should be named "The Apache" and the second one "The Warthog"

They both look like transformed versions of an Apache Helicoptor and an A-10 Warthog - so I would say the first one should be named "The Apache" and the second one "The Warthog"

Damned I tried to be original and avoid references, but now somebody tells that they look like transformers and stuff, now I have to start over again :angry:

These things are truly awsome! They look to be about ten meters tall and very well armed. *huh* I especially like the second one.

These would be perfect set for new Exo-Force collection... I remember it was one of my favorite LEGO themes.

These would be perfect set for new Exo-Force collection... I remember it was one of my favorite LEGO themes.

2393558-0350066609-The_t.jpg

These things are truly awsome! They look to be about ten meters tall and very well armed. *huh* I especially like the second one.

:blush: Thank you!!

Edited by Yules

Also a few notes:

- I tried to capture the "Exo-Force feel" as hard as I could, but I just wanted to be original as well which was harder to do than I thought

- one of the few complaints I had of the exo-force sets was that they usually had impressive shoulder armor, only thing was... They were WAY ABOVE the shoulder joint (Silent Striker, Golden Guardian) So I putted some ON the shoulders instead

- I also putted the grill on their back,.. because it looked cool I think?

- The first mech (the olive-green one) was meant as an hybrid ground-air unit, it could fly... just not so fast as the ones specifically designed for air combat. Also capable of close combat (see blade and shield)

notice the small tubes o-under the "grill" that are meant as thrusters

wreckerclose_by_anguirus02-d7bptey.png

- Here you can see the other mech in a different pose (I had to tweak the shoulders a bit to make the pose possible and a closer look to the gun

untitled1_by_anguirus02-d7bpu4j.png

and last but not least:

a tribute to the sky guardian

sky_guardian2_by_anguirus02-d7bpueg.png

- Clearly based on the previous mechs, but just modified to look lighter and slimmed down AND it has wings

- To be fair I reused the blade again (I know) , but I just could'nt find other Technic/Bionicle parts that looked good as a blade/sword

Wow, Those are really impressive, The olive green is my favorite.

Edited by lego3364

If only they had had you when they did the Exo-force line.

The first one could be named the Shieldmaiden, the second could be named the Mephistopheles, and the third (blue one) could be the Sky Haunter.

If only they had had you when they did the Exo-force line.

The first one could be named the Shieldmaiden, the second could be named the Mephistopheles, and the third (blue one) could be the Sky Haunter.

:laugh: Thank you!! sadly these models have way to many parts, that would made them twice as expensive... even the golden guardian had just about 250 pieces and most of these have like 600...

Edited by Yules

Just to have a topic question: Would anyone know how tall these mechs would be in real life?

I measured and the first one would be around 36 ft tall in real life.

I measured and the first one would be around 36 ft tall in real life.

Did you count the shoulder mortars? because I didn't want them to count for the size, just from toe too the cockpit...

Could you tell me how you calculated that exactly? :grin: I originally wanted them to be a little bit smaller... to make the villains look even bigger and badder!!!

Edited by Yules

Well, if a minifigure is 6 ft tall, I took a real life minifig (It's a bit bigger than the LDD one) The mech is five real life minifigs tall, so I rounded up to about 36 ft tall. So it's a little less than 36 ft tall

Edited by lego3364

Well, if a minifigure is 6 ft tall, I took a real life minifig (It's a bit bigger than the LDD one) The mech is five real life minifigs tall, so I rounded up to about 36 ft tall.

Oh, thank you :laugh: but how tall would it be without the shoulder mortars in real life?

About 30-32 ft tall, this is just the Olive Green one.

Edited by lego3364

About 30-32 ft tall, this is just the Olive Green one

Hhhmmm... I wanted him to be around 25 feet tall... guess I'll have scale him down a bit... and what about the size of the apple-green one shoulder missile pods included?

Edited by Yules

About 30 ft tall.

wut? he was supposed to be taller, I even gave him more mass to his feet on purpose to make him bigger :wacko:

Edited by Yules

Oh, and your tribute to Sky Guardian is about 24-26 ft tall,

I also figured out a name for the apple green one: HW-K52, (HW stands for Heavy Weapons)

And for the Olive Green one: HI-B75

Edited by lego3364

Oh, and your tribute to Sky Guardian is about 24-26 ft tall,

I also figured out a name for the apple green one: HW-K52, (HW stands for Heavy Weapons)

And for the Olive Green one: HI-B75

Really like those names!! What does HI stand for?

Wish I could have those cool names like in Pacific Rim like Crimson typhoon or something, but these are fine as well

Edited by Yules

Excellent builds! They're detailed and have an good size. Not too big, but definitely look tough. I certainly get more of a mobile suit/mech vibe than a Transformers vibe from them.

Edited by Colossus