Here is my latest MOC:

I tried to cram as many features as possible into a car that's still only 17 studs wide (20 if you count the mirrors). They are:

• full independent suspension
  • steering (including rotating steering wheel)
  • driving (including fake engine)
  • 2-speed windshield wipers
  • convertible top
  • easily removable batterybox

The drivetrain lacks a differential, 2 L-motors are used for drive instead. The servo motor does the steering and 2 M-motors operate the windshield wipers and the roof.

I plan to create building instructions in the future as I did for my other MOCs. For now, there is only this video.

EDIT: The building instructions are now available from http://rebrickable.c...act-convertible

EDIT 2: This MOC is now on Lego Ideas. Please visit the project page and support it!

Edited by Hedgie

Nice pack of features., so much attention to wipers :) Didn't expect it would be FWD, like smaller convertibles these days.

Great model! For me, the roof and wipers are very clever. There's no windscreen but you're showing your skill and what can be done.

H

Nice pack of features., so much attention to wipers :) Didn't expect it would be FWD, like smaller convertibles these days.

Creating a compact FWD system with McPherson suspension was how this MOC got started. After I figured it out, there was so much room left in the back :-)

Edited by Hedgie

Lots of features in a small space and that folding roof could well start a trend, very nice.

Very well done! I hope this sets a bit of a trend for FWD vehicles, because I think that kind of setup could create many new innovations in building future MOCs. Can't wait for more innovative MOCs from you! :thumbup:

I really like the mechanism of action of the wipers and roof. Do you have any pictures, how the wiper mechanism and opening the roof, f.e. in ML Cad?

Really nice model, with some cool features. Love small models with lots of functions.

Instructions? (for free? we're both dutch after all) :grin::wink:

Wow! I am impressed. What a set of features!

Do you have a picture of this model? Maybe I can promote it somewhere :wink:

Really nice model, with some cool features. Love small models with lots of functions.

Instructions? (for free? we're both dutch after all) :grin::wink:

Yes, I will make building instructions and publish them on my Rebrickable profile. Be patient, please :-)

Wow! I am impressed. What a set of features!

Do you have a picture of this model? Maybe I can promote it somewhere :wink:

Here's a picture I took during the videoshoot. Please promote it everywhere :wink:

Currently, the model is in pieces while I'm working on the building instructions.

ccsmall.jpg

Edited by Hedgie
: Replaced oversized image with link.

really nice MOC, I like all the features (very clever how you managed it this scale!) and the design is good as well!

I have done some promotion.....on the Frontpage :wink:

Added to the Hall of Fame and rewarded you with the Technic Tag:

technicgear2.png

Wow that's a reallly cool car. Love the windscreen wiper, even if there's no windscreen XD that's original. But I also love it looks! I actually can't believe you packed that much functionalities inside a small model.