A small Caterpillar Challenger with just 4 functions, towing hitch, hood and tracks (left and right :laugh: ) .

fF2WZQI.jpg

PNAdp2l.jpg

2PiHwI8.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi
Images way too big. Changed to links.

With what gears those tracks can be driven? Only with those big yellow, blue and red ones?

With what gears those tracks can be driven? Only with those big yellow, blue and red ones?

Of course, it only has 2 M motors, 2x worm gears, 2x 8th gears and 2x 21th yellow gears (functional), the rest of them hold the tracks.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Of course, it only has 2 M motors, 2x worm gears, 2x 8th gears and 2x 21th yellow gears (functional), the rest of them hold the tracks.

Sorry, I meant: The tracks itself - can they be driven with some other gears (24T, 16T) instead of the 21T yellow gear you used in MOC?

Sorry, I meant: The tracks itself - can they be driven with some other gears (24T, 16T) instead of the 21T yellow gear you used in MOC?

My poor english :hmpf_bad: . I never tried with another gears, I will try but I think that will not work.

I guess, judging by the space between track links, that only big yellow 21T gear could operate them, and probably medium Blue and small Red one (old type, they are not producing any more)

Wow, that size *oh2* and smart thinking. I wonder how did you fit your motors. Any chance of a bottom picture?

Wow, that size *oh2* and smart thinking. I wonder how did you fit your motors. Any chance of a bottom picture?

Of course, there is no secret as curious thing is a pair MOC.

Wka9xdI.jpg

Beautiful machine. I operated one few years ago and was curious to replicate the track/drive system. Though, the one I operated was made by AGCO, and used a CAT engine. Not sure CAT have their own model ... as CAT does very little agricultural machines, they're primarily into construction/mining. Beautiful work.

Beautiful machine. I operated one few years ago and was curious to replicate the track/drive system. Though, the one I operated was made by AGCO, and used a CAT engine. Not sure CAT have their own model ... as CAT does very little agricultural machines, they're primarily into construction/mining. Beautiful work.

My dream is can operate someday a tracked machine :blush: .

That's excellent! It should be on sale. Small machines should be a future contest.

H

That's excellent! It should be on sale. Small machines should be a future contest.

H

I don´t have the idea when it is necessary :laugh: but I like to see a small machines contest, thank you for comments.

:thumbup:

Their usability has greatly improved now!

What is the length of the rigid hose in the tracks?

:thumbup:

Their usability has greatly improved now!

What is the length of the rigid hose in the tracks?

But you have to find the perfect tension and I don´t know if it will work under more weight, I have to do more tests. I bought hundreds of the large ones 2 years ago and I cut them what I need, this way I can build for example a pisten bully with the large hoses.