Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Blay Track Color

This comes as no surprise that after receiving 10132 (a newer train set), the set did come with new blay "blueish grey" track. I pondered over this for some time then decided to send Lego SAH a note of dissatisfaction. Lego Customer Service responded two weeks later by sending me 2 curved rails and 2 straight rails with a note of apology. The replacement track was listed as "dark, stone gray" in the letter but was unfortunately, yet again, blay. The note indicated that only 4 track pieces were sent in case the color has changed, but recommnended that I contact a customer affairs supervisor if the track is the wrong color.

I'll probably give up now, but I only hope that the bulk sets of track have remained the old gray to go with existing layouts. Have any of you ordered lately?

This is where I put in the obligatory I told you so.

:-D

Anyways, I was annoyed to see the Dark Bley (Stone) track in the new

set. I wasn't that surprised to see it, but was surprised that Lego had

the gaul to make new color track.

:'(

Ben Medinets

If I didn't have 100+ pieces of existing track, I wouldn't even care what tone of gray the new sets come in. It's just that I want the pieces uniform. In any case, a really silly move on the part of Lego. I question if the bulk sets are the old or new color?

Haven't seen or heard about new trains either this year. Definately a loss of revenue for Lego, but then again, I don't think that AFOL are really the market Lego seems to target (regardless if you're a Train, Star Wars, Viking, or other fan).

I think if I was a Lego marketer, I'd start listening to the AFOL who probably spend the most $$$ on Lego collections. (maybe have some focus groups). Definatley Lego's loss.

I think tlc has a group of "experts". maybe they should pay more attention on afol like us :$