I like how you did the corners and the shape. The overall build seems a bit tiny to be a mannor. The whole build besides the corners seems a bit on the simple side. The greebles don't match the very basic walls. I don't have any suggestions to make it better since you are a moc expert and I'm not. Wouldn't make any sense to do so.

I like how you did the corners and the shape. The overall build seems a bit tiny to be a mannor. The whole build besides the corners seems a bit on the simple side. The greebles don't match the very basic walls. I don't have any suggestions to make it better since you are a moc expert and I'm not. Wouldn't make any sense to do so.

Thanks for the critique, Captain, I think you're right in that the house is a bit small to be a manor. I built the base first, and at only 32x24 it was a struggle coming up with a good layout for the house that fit. I probably should have enlarged the base and made the house a bit longer/wider so it wouldn't look so chubby. The windows were actually the most complicated parts of this build, with the half stud offset, SNOT, and stained glass all incorporated.

Your comment about "MOC Expert" bothers me a bit though, relatively speaking I'm still fairly new to LEGO MOCing and there are still lots of things for me to learn. Heck, even guys like DC sometimes have stuff that could be improved in their builds. Sometimes it's hard for the builder of something to be completely objective about it, I respect your opinion of builds and would have liked to hear your suggestions.

Thanks for the critique, Captain, I think you're right in that the house is a bit small to be a manor. I built the base first, and at only 32x24 it was a struggle coming up with a good layout for the house that fit. I probably should have enlarged the base and made the house a bit longer/wider so it wouldn't look so chubby. The windows were actually the most complicated parts of this build, with the half stud offset, SNOT, and stained glass all incorporated.

Your comment about "MOC Expert" bothers me a bit though, relatively speaking I'm still fairly new to LEGO MOCing and there are still lots of things for me to learn. Heck, even guys like DC sometimes have stuff that could be improved in their builds. Sometimes it's hard for the builder of something to be completely objective about it, I respect your opinion of builds and would have liked to hear your suggestions.

I respect the fact that you respect my opinion. You have a higher status than me now according to somebody when it comes to mocing so I don't know how I can honestly tell you anything unless we were on at least on an even level of mocing. We once were. Your part of the club now, of builders that are better than everyone else according to someone. I personally find it very "bothering" myself. I would suggest having the title removed if it bothers you. I know personally it has stunted my mocs and contribution to GoH and building in general as it has made me feel inferior as a builder.

Great work, I especially like how you´ve made the corners and the cart is stunning.

I do feel there should be something(round plate?) on the headlightbricks, but that´s just taste :wink:

I don't have any suggestions to make it better since you are a moc expert and I'm not. Wouldn't make any sense to do so.

You have a higher status than me now according to somebody when it comes to mocing so I don't know how I can honestly tell you anything unless we were on at least on an even level of mocing. We once were. Your part of the club now, of builders that are better than everyone else according to someone. I personally find it very "bothering" myself. I would suggest having the title removed if it bothers you. I know personally it has stunted my mocs and contribution to GoH and building in general as it has made me feel inferior as a builder.

I really don't see why you should involve the moc-expert tag again. We are all part of a club that's GoH, in which we are all equal as builders and supporting each other with or without tags.

We are all part of a club that's GoH, in which we are all equal as builders and supporting each other with or without tags.

:thumbup: Glad to see you back here in GoH! I was afraid you had been kidnapped by the sci-fi forum people.

@geeky buzzard

Then why have tags?

I have no idea as to who you are.

How does having tags make us equal in any way?

Celebrate some, ignore others.

That's what it boils down to.

to build the windows you: offset a bley 2x4 tile by half a stud using jumper plates to make the bottom of the window frame, the you use plate modified with rail on their sides to attach the dark bley framing and make the sides of the frame, then you just top it off with jumper plates set out half a stud. I'll probably take some pictures of how I did it when I take the build apart :classic:

I'd like to see that please, the frames look great, I'm not certain I can link what you wrote to how I think it's built. The more I look, the more I see on this build. The shades of grey colour scheme looks appropriately wintry, and the primary colours on the cart and the flag stand out very nicely. I like the floor tiles and the massive dark bley corners on the building. The roofs are superb. To have this built with a nice interior and this level of technical expertise is extremely impressive.

I guess my criticisms are - the old grey pieces stick out a bit, if you ran out of dark bley maybe it would be better to put the old grey all on the same vertical line so it looks like a water stain. The 5th photo shows the building gaps on the top floor, better to turn the building very slightly so these are not apparent. I think the headlight bricks rather confuse the architectural style, though I always appreciate that you experiment and innovate to use new ideas so it's totally your prerogative. Beautiful build overall, UoP +1 for all.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Very, very nice work soccerkid! All the different roof levels look great and i love the tall, narrow windows (framed so well btw) and dark bley corners. Top stuff! :classic::thumbup:

ps. UoP +1 for all claims.

:thumbup: Glad to see you back here in GoH! I was afraid you had been kidnapped by the sci-fi forum people.

Thanks! I do like sci-fi a lot, but I prefer fantasy/castle!

@geeky buzzard

Then why have tags?

I have no idea as to who you are.

How does having tags make us equal in any way?

Celebrate some, ignore others.

That's what it boils down to.

You have tags yourself while others have less or none at all. But I don't see them wining about it.

Great build SK, very nice architecture and I love the transitions from light to dk grey. Good work with the windows as well. +1 DoH credit!

This must be one of my favorite builds from you!

Everything in this build is top-notch, I really love the architectur, especially the corners are well done.

But what I really like ,and I have mentioned that some other time, it that you builds always have quite a detailed interior.

Really cool MOC! And that cart is the icing on the cake! :thumbup:

Thanks Mike, I was really happy with that cart design :classic:

Nicely done, the stained glass is a nice touch

Thanks

Great work, I especially like how you´ve made the corners and the cart is stunning.

I do feel there should be something(round plate?) on the headlightbricks, but that´s just taste :wink:

Thanks Ecc, and and you may be right about the headlight bricks

I'd like to see that please, the frames look great, I'm not certain I can link what you wrote to how I think it's built. The more I look, the more I see on this build. The shades of grey colour scheme looks appropriately wintry, and the primary colours on the cart and the flag stand out very nicely. I like the floor tiles and the massive dark bley corners on the building. The roofs are superb. To have this built with a nice interior and this level of technical expertise is extremely impressive.

I guess my criticisms are - the old grey pieces stick out a bit, if you ran out of dark bley maybe it would be better to put the old grey all on the same vertical line so it looks like a water stain. The 5th photo shows the building gaps on the top floor, better to turn the building very slightly so these are not apparent. I think the headlight bricks rather confuse the architectural style, though I always appreciate that you experiment and innovate to use new ideas so it's totally your prerogative. Beautiful build overall, UoP +1 for all.

:classic:

Thanks robuko :sweet: Good idea for the old dark grey tiles, I did run out of normal dark bley. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind :thumbup:

Very, very nice work soccerkid! All the different roof levels look great and i love the tall, narrow windows (framed so well btw) and dark bley corners. Top stuff! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Gabe!

Brilliant! I live the simple colour scheme, yet the awesome amount of detail packed in!

Thanks LV :classic:

Great build SK, very nice architecture and I love the transitions from light to dk grey. Good work with the windows as well. +1 DoH credit!

Thanks Kai :classic:

This must be one of my favorite builds from you!

Everything in this build is top-notch, I really love the architectur, especially the corners are well done.

But what I really like ,and I have mentioned that some other time, it that you builds always have quite a detailed interior.

Thank you, interiors can be a challenge to fit into a build, but I've gotten pretty used to it :classic: