Sign in to follow this  
Davor

UCS scale CEC YV-545 light freighter WIP

YV-545 light freighter

The YV-545 had a cylindrical hull, with the cockpit mounted to the side like most CEC designs. The YV-545 was considered to be sturdier and more maneuverable than the YT-series vessels, though lacked the visual appeal of the YT-1300 light freighter. In flight the cockpit rotated 90 degrees to be on top of the starship, while the body remained beneath. Though the ship could land in this configuration as well, most buyers saw this design as too complex.[1]

Its body was ringed by sensors and maneuvering thrusters, which gave it exceptional maneuverability. It could rival most starfighters in performance and was a popular ship with smugglers and pirates, who liked to modify the YV-545 into an attack ship.

http://starwars.wiki...light_freighter

13359132215_e3979372e0_z.jpg

13359142365_fd6dd1a3be.jpg

- for now cca. 3500 bricks

- 86 studs long

- 99% studless

- no interior for now

ATM workign on cockpit interior, landing gear and escape pods, still some work left.

Edited by Davor

This looks pretty good except for two little things. I would put some flat (studless) pieces in the center which looks unfinished compared to the rest of the good-looking ship. The last thing is to make sure to get that cockpit covered! You said you were still working on the cockpit interior, but I thought I'd just make sure that you were going to cover it up as well. But anyway, I'm just being my usual picky self, and this freighter looks great. :thumbup: Can't wait to see it with an interior!

This looks pretty good except for two little things. I would put some flat (studless) pieces in the center which looks unfinished compared to the rest of the good-looking ship. The last thing is to make sure to get that cockpit covered! You said you were still working on the cockpit interior, but I thought I'd just make sure that you were going to cover it up as well. But anyway, I'm just being my usual picky self, and this freighter looks great. :thumbup: Can't wait to see it with an interior!

Top center isn't finished yet. There will be circular shaped top like on millenium falcon, since on reference pictures on wookipedia it looks the same...more or less.

I'll have to redo cockpit again, it doesn't look good at all. Would he easier if the cockpit is the same as on MF and rest of the YT series...but desgn is different so I'll have to be extra creative to get it right.

I'm planing also to replace 99% of dark gray tiles with light gray ones..i was planing to get rusty-old look, but I overdid it...also I'll play some more with dark red tiles to get better pattern.

Still lot of work....

It looks amazing, it also reminds me of the baltic sea anomaly here on our real world, have you ever heard about it?

Edited by Nom Carver

This looks like a good representation of the original ship! Good job.

I think the dark bley looks okay were it is, you do not have to replace it in my opinion.

Hooray! A MOC with a link to a reference pic! Always welcome :-)

Very nice rendition of the original; good stuff!

Does thou haveth interior pics?

13697788713_111f582bf3_c.jpg

13697757615_68ea35cc24.jpg

13697761245_545f908e96.jpg

So...YV-545 is finished...but it would be shame to build such a big UCS ship without some nice background for display...so.......as you can see I started to work on hangar bay....so still work in progress and bad pics :)

It looks much better with the uniform color. Are you going to keep the top circle by the guns green?

Yes, top will stay dark green, it looks good with green details on the ship. ( some are not visible on this bad photos).