Tijger-San

MOC: Modular Coffee bar

Hi there,

Yesterday I introduced myself and I promised that I would post some of my MOC's so here is the first one. For the Modular Moc Madness contest on lowlug.nl I've created this modular coffee shop. The goal was to create a modular that would fit perfectly next to Lego's latest Modular building, the Parisian restaurant. I've wanted to create terras covered by a canopy with vegetation for as long as I can remember and I what better building would fit that idea than a coffee bar / restaurant in Paris? :classic:

12251613735_83a897376e_c.jpg

13337046543_1652126053_c.jpg

On the back side is a terras where Billy can work on his laptop while enjoying the... uhh... smoggy Parisian air. :laugh: .

12252052044_7abc535c57_c.jpg

The building has a complete interior. On the first floor there is a bar where Lars makes delicious espresso's and cappuccino's from fresh coffee beans. There is a small kitchen to prepare some delicacies and costumers can sit and lounge at one of the tables or the bench.

12252173396_8a17613e28_c.jpg

12252174286_efbdeed45a_c.jpg

When costumers have a little more time they can go to the lounge area on the second floor and relax while enjoying some live Jazz music played by band. The fire place emits a warm and comfy light.

13336895245_b71db91901_c.jpg

13337042533_c4dd294d12_c.jpg

13336892935_07969f3c39_c.jpg

On the third and top floor there is a toilet. It appears someone forgot to flush. :look: Lars has his own little attic room where he can take a nap and count his profits. :laugh:

13336891865_98230ea566_c.jpg

13337035463_eb0eb0a735_c.jpg

I've created several modular buildings before this one and this one is the first that has got a interior with this amount of details. I was quite a lot of fun to build after building for a medieval layout for several months (although I must admit, I enjoy fantasy and sci-fi even more). I'd like to hear what you think.

AWESOME modular 'Tijger-San', the cafe counter, tables, living spaces are just the bomb ! :wub:

What curved piece have you used for the cake display case ?

Brick On 'Tijger-San' ! :grin:

Very nice Tijger-San... do I spot overpriced coffee ?! ;) very nice!

Excellent interior chock-a-block full of great design and a good looking facade. I think it'd fit in well next to the Parisian Restaurant.

So many great little details in this building. I like the bear in the 2nd floor band area and the fireplace are a nice touch.

A lovely creation Tijger-san. I really like the details of the interior. And I wonder what those tables in the lounge are made off?

It's nice to see this get some well-deserved attention again! Like I told you when you first posted it on Flickr, I really like it a lot. And among all the details, a couple stand out for me: The bear - a lovely touch! - and that lovely stove with the tiling on the wall. Great stuff - and congratulations on the front page!

Incredible! That tree which is leaning to the right makes it for me. Well done for some excellent building.

When I know a model is good, it's when I could just imagine myself there. So I guess that means this is good.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'm glad you all like it.

AWESOME modular 'Tijger-San', the cafe counter, tables, living spaces are just the bomb ! :wub:

What curved piece have you used for the cake display case ?

Brick On 'Tijger-San' ! :grin:

Thank you! The part I used is the what Bricklink calls 'Trans-Clear Cylinder Half 2 x 4 x 5 with 1 x 2 Cutout'. I had one laying around and figured that it would be a cool part to use like that. It took me several tries to get it right. :sweet:

Very nice Tijger-San... do I spot overpriced coffee ?! ;) very nice!

Yes you do! Well spotted. :laugh:

We need the Cantina Band here :laugh: ! Great moc you have there!

That is a very cool idea. :laugh: I'll have to wait until the new lego set is released tough.

A lovely creation Tijger-san. I really like the details of the interior. And I wonder what those tables in the lounge are made off?

Thanks! The tables in the lounge are made of a combination of these parts:

For the table base I used a part brick link calls 'Dish 2 x 2 Inverted (Radar)' in black.

The table tops are made of a part brick link calls 'Technic, Disk 3 x 3' black (and white for the roof terrace' .

The legs themselves are made with a part brick link calls 'Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 3L / 2.4cm' in reddish brown.

It's nice to see this get some well-deserved attention again! Like I told you when you first posted it on Flickr, I really like it a lot. And among all the details, a couple stand out for me: The bear - a lovely touch! - and that lovely stove with the tiling on the wall. Great stuff - and congratulations on the front page!

Thank you! I didn't noticed until you mentioned it.

Simply gorgeous—especially the way the dark brown roof innately suggests coffee before you even look inside~

Very nice modular building, cool facade. Also love the interior, there are so many little things.. :classic:

Edited by inquisitor88

Maybe this is wrong of me to say, but I think that looks nicer than most of the official modular sets! Stunning.

I'm going to be mad if this isn't the new modular for 2015.

Edited by rollermonkey

Awesome modular building, love the interior and leaning tree.

Thank you everyone. I'm overwhelmed by all the reactions. I've never expected so many people to leave a comment. :blush:

Maybe this is wrong of me to say, but I think that looks nicer than most of the official modular sets! Stunning.

Why would it be wrong to say? It's just your opinion. :wink: I'm glad you like it!

Edited by Tijger-San

There're lots of wonderful details and decorative elements, I just like how you made all the pediments using racers pieces and Bionicle hands)) Also the outdoor cafe is very beautiful.

This is really a great MOC, and could easily pass as a Lego original... respect!

The only thing I would suggest is to raise the chimney higher, it's way too low now- Lars gets all the smoke in his lungs...