Sign in to follow this  
LukefromNJ

Review: 60060 Auto Transporter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here's my review for Lego set 60060, Auto Transporter:

13298029704_87380ca84a_c.jpg

Contents of set are 3 bags, 3 manuals, and 1 (very small) sticker sheet:

13298029034_12e19d3990_c.jpg

Bag 1 makes the 2 cars being transported, as well as the 2 minifigs and their accessories:

13297647415_08386d23c0_c.jpg

I really like the 2 cars, I think they're quite stylish (especially the red and black one). The driver's a fairly generic truck driver figure (the mirrored shades are a nice touch, however) while the car dealer seems to be going for the "sleazy car salesman" look (or alternately is a huge fan of Gordon Gekko from "Wall Street"). The clipboard is made from attaching a sticker from the sticker sheet to a 2x2 SNOT brick piece.

The 2 figures close-up. Would YOU buy a car from this man?

13298026574_b7d1757133_c.jpg

Bag 2 makes the truck, minus the upper level:

13298024104_07b77ef24a_c.jpg

13297804703_32e9ccafd9_c.jpg

In bag 3 are the pieces for the trailer as well as the upper part of the truck. One thing I really liked was the use of the ladder pieces in gray to make the "tracks" for the cars to drive onto:

13297641125_8ae2014de5_c.jpg

The upper levels of the truck and trailer lower for loading like so (note the yellow hook to secure cars on the upper levels):

13297639475_87eaff93db_c.jpg

In order to load the top level, the bottom level must be empty:

13297638265_b7c4067b57_c.jpg

With the top level loaded, you can now drive a car onto the lower level:

13298017304_0d2f3f2c47_c.jpg

The set only comes with 2 cars, so if you want to load it fully you must use extra cars:

13297635015_6d970eb287_c.jpg

Overview of what you get in a set, truck and trailer, 2 cars, 2 minifigs, clipboard and briefcase:

13298020364_b40067fd13_c.jpg

In my opinion, this is a great set. i really like the look of the truck and LOVE the way the upper level raise and lower. The 2 minifigs are perfect for the set (although perhaps a "buyer" minifig [or minifigs] could have been included as well?) As far as having only 2 cars goes, while part of me wishes that they had included all 4 cars for the truck, it may have either raised the price too high or been too repetitive to build 4 of the same car in one kit (and this kit already has plenty of repetition as it is). My score? 9/10.

This is an OK set. I would like to know why the tires on the cars are the same size as the ones on the truck. Shouldn't the cars' tires be smaller? It's an easy mod at any rate. Thanks for doing this review, although nine out of ten is a bit too generous, in my opinion. :wink:

I remember in the first pics of the set the tires where diferent, but them on the official ones the tires became this ones. Easy MOD, maybe a good result with the tires of the racing car, 60953.

This is an OK set. I would like to know why the tires on the cars are the same size as the ones on the truck. Shouldn't the cars' tires be smaller? It's an easy mod at any rate.

Pretty much all of the tires on the cars and trucks I have are the same size, so it doesn't bother me that they're the same size in this set.

IMO this set is just lacking, but I love it so much! :wub:

That's pretty much how I feel about this set as well; I feel that the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts.

I got this set a little over a week ago and though I think it is value for money and has great play features, it was one of those sets I immediately felt the need to mod. The back of the cain just didn't look right to me and the space behind the cabin is "empty". So I changed that and filled it up a bit. I also added some lighting to the back.

This is one of the few sets where I had a feeling that I could see where cost-cutting decisions were made. No critisism, because that leaves plenty of room to mod it and keeps the price down a bit, but still.

Edited by jfbat

I got this set a little over a week ago and though I think it is value for money and has great play features, it was one of those sets I immediately felt the need to mod. The back of the cain just didn't look right to me and the space behind the cabin is "empty". So I changed that and filled it up a bit. I also added some lighting to the back.

This is one of the few sets where I had a feeling that I could see where cost-cutting decisions were made. No critisism, because that leaves plenty of room to mod it and keeps the price down a bit, but still.

Show us some photos!

Nice review. I'm on the fence about purchasing the set though.