Anio

UCS Jabba's Sail Barge

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here :

You can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

Hello everyone,

I would like to present you my latest creation : a UCS Sail Barge.

13167355233_76e598dc47_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

13167238415_4a883487e1_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

13167497944_4eb52c82a5_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

The sails are custom (designed on PC, printed etc).

The model is made out of 1175 parts.

It is pretty simple, because the Sail Barge is pretty simple. There are more or less all the details you can see on the real vehicle, though.

Engines, masts with (nice :D) sails, cannon, trapdoor, barrier on the side, access to the private lounge etc.

You may find the MOC disapointing for an UCS model, and you would be right. But...

13167336973_bed9fb9a4f_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

13167486964_40bf29ba09_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

I did a full interior. There are of course some adaptations. But overall, I think I can say it is a very close replica of Jabba's Sail Barge.

For obvious reasons, the cockpit in the noze is not included.

From the front to the rear :

- the bedroom. In the real barge, there are 2 of them. But including twice the same room would not be relevant for a Lego model, so I put only one with more details. This also enabled me to put a corridor on the left, which is IMO a nice touch.

- the kitchen has a lot of equipments in order to please Jabba's wishes.

- I enlarged the armory for it no to be ridiculous

- then, another corridor, U shaped. I put a ladder instead of stairs. Stairs would have require way too much surface

- the banquet room. Pretty big, with Jabba's sofa, Max Reebo piano, etc.

The side panels and the back panel can be easily removed in order to see the interior.

13167482284_82537ff38c_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

13167206665_c64513c455_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

13167300833_071187cbf0_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

13167187905_f856de55c2_b.jpgUCS Jabba's Sail Barge by Anio, sur Flickr

Regarding the design process, the MOC is pretty simple technically speaking. Some SNOT, well... nothing fancy.

But the key was to choose the scale. This was really THE key on that model.

Indeed, a pointlessly big model would look empty. It was important to make the model small to concentrate the details, and make it more pleasant to look at.

FlickR gallery :

Brickshelf gallery : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=540894

Video :

Professionnal instructions coming soon.

If you have any question, ask.

Awesome MOC once again! :thumbup: definitely trumps the official Lego version.

This one looks very good. It seems accurate enough for all things I can think of! The shape ans proportions are right.

It looks definitely better than all models TLG has done of course!

Can you tell me how big it is compared to the official version?

Thanks.

It is 52 cm long, 15 cm wide, and 19 cm tall.

Really cool, Anio. I like how you didn't just create a big MOC, you made one very detailed and with perfect scale.

Hi

defenitely one of your smaller UCS but one of those that shows in a good way that size doesnt matter.

They next level of detail sailbarge would be one of the size and building style of MB sandcrawler. But for what? It would be still big brown and ugly ;)

Just to give us something to laugh: Can you please post an image of your speederbike close to the sailbarge :)

I never get disappointed looking in your topics.

Dino

I don't understand it.

Why couldn't TLG release one just like this??! This is by far much better, and has a very good piece count to it as well.

Add 2 flick fire missiles to it and you have yourself a TLG worthy set :laugh:

The angles are really sleek and the length looks very proportionate to how it should be.

Great job :)

I don't understand it.

Why couldn't TLG release one just like this??! This is by far much better, and has a very good piece count to it as well.

The angles are really sleek and the length looks very proportionate to how it should be.

Great job :)

Hi

but i understand. This one has a smaller scale than minifig scale. They would not fit good into the room or through doors. The mfs are mostly THE sellingpoint for playsets.

Dino

This one has a smaller scale than minifig scale. They would not fit good into the room or through doors.

Well, TLGs one isn't also minifig-scaled. But it is a playset, not an UCS, despite both have similar dimensions. In this outlook, TLG need to have a correct scale but with minifigures, playing features and simple building techniques.

This model is magnificent, Anio. :laugh: Once again, you have dazzled your audience with a brilliant display of professional MOCcery. I love all the tiny details and the label. too. I think the UCS Sail Barge is just the right size.

Awesome, man! It has more of a mini vibe than a UCS one, though. LEGO would never release a UCS this interesting. Now it just needs a mini Jabba...

size doesnt matter.

It would be still big brown and ugly ;)

Indeed. :)

Just to give us something to laugh: Can you please post an image of your speederbike close to the sailbarge :)

492072P1020256.jpg

I never get disappointed looking in your topics.

Glad to know that. :)

TLG could probably sell the model as a collector model. But not as a playset. A kid would not be able to play with. The interior is too small for that purpose.

Great design, as usual, Anio! :thumbup:

As mentioned before it's not the most interesting of ships, but you've made the best of it that anyone could expect. I particularly like that you've used 'matt' sails, as the ones on the current version are just so shiny, it's awful! I hadn't realised that your Speeder Bike was so large until now! :laugh:

Anio, that's a great design once again! You did an awesome job there.

You said that a pointlessly big model would look empty... maybe you are right, although I think a minifig-scale ship with many minifigures would look very lively.

Anyway, I like the design as it is :thumbup:

I think a minifig-scale ship with many minifigures would look very lively.

Yes, the inside would probably be as interesting as a modular building. And that would be great.

But the outside... So big, so boring... There would be no details, and it would be a nightmare to build such a big model.

Hi

thanks for the speederbike sailbage comparison pick - its defenitely gives a laught :)

We should reuse the pick in any case of discussion if somebody talks about UCS *SCALE*, its meant more detail-level than scale/size.

Dino

Dear all,

The instruction for my Jabba's Sail barge is now available. Mathieu completed the instruction yesterday. But it was a tricky one.

Especially for the sails. They are custom made (computer design, then print), but they had to be made in 3D. This made things a bit more complex than usual as it required to design a new part. Philo was very helpful to make the part in 3D. Blakbird did a nice job too with the render. And here it is :

01.jpg

02.jpg

07.jpg

As you may see, I also added a mini desert skiff. I think it is always fun to have an UCS model, with a mini model next to it. :)

The desert skiff can be "opened". In there, there is a tile 1x2 wich enable to recreate the plank (relocate the tile 1x4 and add the tile 1x2).

In the end, the model has 1,248 parts, which is pretty reasonnable. Technically speaking it is simple. Thus, I am sure that many of you can custom the model the way they want and modify the interior. :)

We charge 10€ for the instruction. But you can give a premium if you want to reward our work.

To buy it, you can PM me on Eurobricks/Youtube/FlickR or email me at setechnic@gmail.com at anytime.

Anio

Hello all,

Sorry to bump this thread. But I will (once again) need the help of some of you. :)

Would you accept to report this seller : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-6210-JABBAS-SAIL-BARGE-CUSTOM-UCS-STICKER-PLAQUE-/141477866319?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20f0bceb4f

He sells most of the stickers I designed ( here : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-8018-ARMORED-ASSAULT-TANK-AAT-CUSTOM-UCS-STICKER-PLAQUE-/141477952682?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20f0be3caa and here http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-7665-REPUBLIC-CRUISER-RADIANT-VII-CUSTOM-UCS-STICKER-PLAQUE-/141477956777?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20f0be4ca9 and many more).

And more or less all those who are familiar with my work know that my stickers are available for free here : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=531321

Thank for your time.

Hi Anio, I've reported both of these for you. Hopefully they'll remove the listings shortly. Cheers, Robin :classic: