Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

MOC: The Dynamic Duo vs. Two-Face

The Dynamic Duo vs. Two-Face

Our heroic Dynamic Duo, Batman & Robin, may have foiled Two-Face’s bank robbery, but that villain still has one or two guns up his sleeves!

13290640434_668df9208f_z.jpg

While not originally intended as such, this creation ended up being almost an extreme version of the Two-Face chase set. I was going for a more classic look overall, and the new brightly colored Batman and Robin from the Juniors line helped greatly in that regards.

13290177235_5a8f9ba773.jpg

13290178555_cb0a5b42af.jpg

The Bat-Boot will stop any getaway!

13290179555_0bc694883c_n.jpg

Gotham Bank:

13290180685_62f9092e71.jpg

13290638944_324dbb60c2.jpg

13290640114_c62dce572f_n.jpg

----

Batmobile:

I thought it would be cool to include a small Batmobile for this creation, and so here is the bi-product of that idea. It’s basically a highly modified version of the Junior’s line Batmobile. While it looks great, unfortunately it cannot fit Batman.

13290640424_e2d7e193b6.jpg

Two-Face’s tow truck was a hard one for me to make. Being at a University, I don’t have all of my pieces with me, which meant I unfortunately left behind almost all of my orange pieces! I was able to construct this however, and I think Two-Face would approve (Assuming it lands heads!)

13290640144_595d3ed548.jpg

Enjoy!

~Nemo

I like it a lot! The bank is especially nice... much better than the one we actually got with the Two-Face Chase, which I always thought looked more like a convenience store! :laugh:

Ah, 'Captain Nemo'......might I say Bat-tastic ! :laugh:

AWESOME mini Batmobile and really cool action scene too.......Batbrick On 'Captain Nemo' ! :grin:

This is great! I love all of the little details!

I like the use of the retro style batman and robin very effective with the colours of two face's crew!

I really love the campy comic-like aesthetic in this MOC. The bright colors and brilliant details like the giant penny sign on the bank and the Bat-boot. :laugh: It would be nice to see you add some Batman style comic action font to the photos, too.

What a cool little scene! That bank facade is looking surprisingly good with what seems to be not a large amount of parts... The two face truck, well, you just can't go wrong with that colorcombo. Purple/orange just pops. And the Batmobile is just the cutest I've ever seen.

Question: is the blue color different from the darker (earth?) blue from the Batman vs Catwoman on Catcycle scene?

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Question: is the blue color different from the darker (earth?) blue from the Batman vs Catwoman on Catcycle scene?

Oh yes there is a noticeable difference. Juniors Batman is regular blue, and this very bright; while the old "blue" Batman used dark blue rather than regular. It's very noticeable and gives the two similar types a completely different feel.

Fantastic work Nemo!

In an alternate universe where TLG was producing licensed sets back in the 60s, this would totally be the $75 set.

It also brings a MUCH greater appreciation of the Junior's sets for me!

Do you have any plans for further builds like this one? (read: Please make some more!)

That's a pretty charming little scene. The "bat-boot" totally suits the cartoony little Batmobile and the bright-colored versions of Batman and Robin- such a practical gadget!

This is such a great MOC. I love how you can turn your creative skills to light-hearted visions just as well as you can some of the darker parts of the Bat-mythos. Very impressive!