Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

Color change Final Update

Thanks to Geoffrey for the info :

(originaly from 1000 Steine)

von Ben

I'm just astounded at how they managed to overlook the entire AFOL community in one of the biggest decisions in LEGO history. I didn't think it would be possible.

Oh well, it's water under the bridge. Good to hear they're sorry, at least.

for this time, i have to agree with tlc. last few years i saw an inflation of new colors and the quality and quantity of bricks in specific colors were very often terrible. Some units of the HP bus, for instance, had three shades of purple instead of one and it's quite difficult to get a truckload of bricks in rare colors, so how can you use them in MOCs?

sure, they could have talked to the AFOL community? but this group is so diverse, the interests of the members are so different... you got people building space, trains, star wars, sculptures, mosaics,... who would you talk to?

Thanks Jipay for the info ;)

It is interesting to see how they jus manage to say sorry, we should have included the AFOL community but its too late anyway and we're not to change!!

Come on when we were kids, there were not that many colors and it did not diminish our model building creativity ;) .

Who needs x shades of any colors anyway (sure this is nice but really not that necessary).

So talks with the AFOL community is "normal" even though it is a quite a diverse community.

Like others have said, it is just too bad that they did not first consult with AFOLs :/

But it is good to see that they won't be changing anything else without first debating wth us! ;)

Jon.

While on the subject of the Color Change, has anyone got a CONFIRMED list of colours that Lego are going to keep ?

What I would like to see (preferably from Lego, not an interpretation by others) is a list of the colours Lego intend to keep, and where there is confusion as to what each shade really is, then for Lego to give specific examples of which set contains items in that particular colour.

Like others have said, it is just too bad that they did not first consult with AFOLs :/

But it is good to see that they won't be changing anything else without first debating wth us! ;)

Jon.

Won't they ? I agree with snefroe1 on that one. AFOLs should be consulted specificaly. We are consumer, our voices shouldn't overwhelm the voices of the kids just because we know how to speak more loudly. The AFOLs are still a small percentage of LEGO clients, even if ou number grows everyday

While on the subject of the Color Change, has anyone got a CONFIRMED list of colours that Lego are going to keep ?

legocolournews.jpg

It's all very well posting that article jipay, but it still does not show a list of the colours Lego are going to keep.

I repeat, I would like to see the list of the 56 colours and hopefully also see examples of which sets the various colours can be found in. I did see a partial list on Lugnet a while ago, but no-one seemed to be able to agree exactly which Lego named colours matched which AFOL/Peeron/etc named colours.

As an example, in the list I saw, Lego listed 2 colours, Nougat and Light Nougat, obviously these are internal Lego names for colours, but which colours do they match up to ? ? ? Do they match Dark Tan and Tan or what ? ? ?

So, I think a COMPLETE list of the 56 colours complete with translations for what we call the colours is now overdue.

Comments anyone ? ? ?

Thats what we got so far

A message from Jake McKee (DoubleT)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always hate starting off a conversation with an apology, but I fear I must today.

For a number of months, I