CopMike

Eurobricks Event 2014 - Architecture competition

Hi,

I think I will try on this one ...

koelner-dom-2007-14825-390_01.jpg

not quite sure til now, how to do that, but I will figure out :blush:

My first idea was quite out of the box but as the Legoland in Günzburg wasn't challenging and unique enough ( :devil: ) I decided for the following:

tumblr_mx7c25Y7hu1qjvnc4o1_500.jpg

I'm going to build the Frauenkirche in Dresden. :thumbup:

Alright, I've decided. I'm going to build the Holmenkollen ski jump. It's the most visited attraction in all of Norway, apparently ... And it's really close to where I live (and grew up).

1305306715-3.png

Great choice! I'm realy looking forward to see this model.

I'll not participate in this challenge for the lack of time and ideas. Besides architecture is not my prefered theme for there are no orcs nor lightsabers. :laugh:

Is cutting flex tubes allowed? Can't believe that "Bar 3L" isn't coming in tan yet.. :hmpf_bad:

I'm 95% done with my entry (digitally). Now I just need to order all those parts I apparently don't own and build it once I'm home :moar:

Edited by Rolli

I've already done the opera house in architecture style, so I will build another of my favorite buildings in Copenhagen, the Gemini Residence.

800px-Gemini_Residence_from_west.JPG

This will be my contribution: The bridge from Sealand to Fyn in Denmark, called: Storebaeltsbroen

Looking forward to see the MOCs in real life.

Morten

Funny, I was also considering doing the Storebæltsbro, before finally deciding on Gemini Residence.

I look forward to seeing your version of it, Morten!

028b6174625a11e3bf1e1259de3fdb70_8.jpg

I'm giving this house a try.

It's the Hans Christian Andersen Museum in Odense.

Hopefully my limited amount of brick will do the job.

Wow - great choices everybody, 2nd post updated! This will be an epic evening :wub: !!

But come on - more entries :sweet: !!!

800px-Vikingskipet-Hamar.jpg

I'm going to try to build Vikingskipet, built for the 1994 Winter Olympics speedskating events, which also happens to be where I'll be spending Easter. :wink:

The chosen models by 8th of april:

Holodoc - Ulm Minster

Scubacarrot - Amsterdam Centraal Station

Skalldyr - Berliner Fernsehturm

Peppermint_M - Newport Transporter Bridge

Vincent Kessels - Evoluon

L@go - Bryggen

Aredhel - Cologne Cathedral

Rolli - Desden Frauenkirche

Cecilie - Holmenkollen

Dfenz - Aviva Stadium

Christian - Gemini Residence

Morten - Storebaeltsbroen

Chocolatecake - Hans Christian Andersen museum

Quarryman - Vikingskipet

You can add Pandy and me for the Royal Albert Hall too!

Not competing:

CopMike - Trosa Lands Kyrka (where I got married in december)

I'm kinda glad you're not competing because that's an awesome MOC! :wub:

Okay, I've deliberated long enough and changed my mind numerous times ......so this is my final decision

Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin

christ-church-cathedral.jpg

I had a hard time deciding, but I will try and make the Biological Museum (Biologiska Museet) in Stockholm:

320px-Biologiska_museet%2C_Stockholm.jpg

Okay, I'll try to build the Usonian House by Frank Lloyd Wright. If I can just find a decent photo.

Yup, that is correct. And the specific one I saw was temporarily assembled in front of the Smithsonian in 1988 to show whar they looked like. It was part of an exhibit that went to several cities, and really was a cool model. Have some poor photos that don't show much and may have to find another build of it if a clearer photo is not available. There were several built, but decent photos and plans are rare. The landscaping often obscures the building itself.

Anyway the more important topc here is a HUGE CONGRATS on taking the plunge, man! Hope your wife is into LEGO! Will she get to stop by Billund while we are there? I hope we don't frighten her off with our group addiction!

I'll make a water tower (Vodovodni stolp) from my hometown Kranj. I had a hard time finding architecture that I could reproduce in Lego. For some reason, I always ended up with something round or simply too large.

13772808095_271e70e6b8_o.jpg

Hope I'm not too late.

Edited by Redhead1982

I'm not the host of this great competition, but:

The information/real life pictures of the building/famous landmark that your model will be based on, must be posted in this thread before friday the 11th of april.

Let's say the end of friday? :blush:

So you are only disqualified

If you don´t enjoy yourself while taking on this assignment

I just wonder where the overseas' architecture competitors are...

Well, it's Eurobricks after all. :tongue::grin:

Well, then I'm out. I had a picture of the model ready, and was almost 100% sure this is it, but I forgot about the dates... :sceptic:

I'm not the host of this great competition, but:

So you are only disqualified

Everything is okay! :thumbup:

I just wonder where the overseas' architecture competitors are...

Well, it's Eurobricks after all. :tongue:

After two weeks of wondering and thinking my mom finally decided that she will do the Frauenkirche in Munich. She is eligible to enter, isn't she? :sweet:

frauenkirche-620.jpg

And just because my ldd-file for my entry is turning me slightly crazy: I'm at 2474 bricks right now.. :cry_sad:

I'll make a water tower from my hometown. I had a hard time finding architecture that I could reproduce in Lego. For some reason, I always ended up with something round or simply too large.

Hope I'm not too late.

Well, then I'm out. I had a picture of the model ready, and was almost 100% sure this is it, but I forgot about the dates... :sceptic:

After two weeks of wondering and thinking my mom finally decided that she will do the Frauenkirche in Munich. She is eligible to enter, isn't she? :sweet:

And just because my ldd-file for my entry is turning me slightly crazy: I'm at 2474 bricks right now.. :cry_sad:

No - you are both in! I just wanted to put some pressure on all of you because othervise one (read - me :laugh: ) tends to start to late!

I´ve changed the rules so keep them coming!