Sign in to follow this  
andhe

Majisto's Workshop (MOC)

I've always been a big fan of the Lego Wizards, and thought it was about time a did a MOC to celebrate this. I recently bought the Brickforge potion bottles featured in the MOC and they were a large inspiration for this scene. I also wanted to try the tire/cauldron technique.

13263924675_99a163a40d_n.jpg

Majisto's Workshop Close-up by andhe :-), on Flickr

13269535984_d67bb38450_n.jpg

Shelves by andhe :-), on Flickr

13263797423_f2ecf40efb_n.jpg

Majisto's workshop #1 by andhe :-), on Flickr

There are some more pictures on flickr.

Thanks for looking,

- andhe

Edited by andhe

Great work mate :thumbup: ! I like this build a lot!

Thanks guys, I really enjoyed trying to fit in all the little details, without it being messy or repetitive. I was quite inspired to try a few other 'rainbow wizard' builds, so we'll have to see if those ideas become reality!

Thanks also to Brickforge for creating the fantastic custom bottles!

Awesome MOC! I love all the details and that cauldron is very good and original idea!

Very cool. I was also thinking of bringing back ol' Majesto and the dragon knights!

Thanks again guys.

I've seen the tire technique used a couple of times, so was interested to give it a go. It's not my idea, but a good one. It seems to work with the majority of the 'bubble' tires.

I've been collecting the wizards and 'wizardy' accessories, so was pleased that I could finally use all the bits and bobs I've been collecting! The brickforge potion bottles were definitely the push I needed to actually get round to building something though. Whilst building this one I had a few more ideas for some 'wizarding' builds, so may see if I can make them a reality at some point.

I like all the wonderful little details you put into this fantastic wizard build. Majisto's Majick Workshop was one of my favorite sets when I was young, so I really go for this wizard stuff. :laugh:

I like all the wonderful little details you put into this fantastic wizard build. Majisto's Majick Workshop was one of my favorite sets when I was young, so I really go for this wizard stuff. :laugh:

I've never owned the set (in fact I didn't have ANY castle sets as a kid, I was mainly City and Space!) but my collection now includes a lot of wizards...

13305820205_f5a7eb3d04_n.jpg

Wizards by andhe :-), on Flickr

I hope to do a few more wizard buildings in the future to use some more of these guys :D

Edited by andhe

Very cool MOC. Great detailing. I also like the way the action gives the impression of a scene from a story.

I've never owned the set (in fact I didn't have ANY castle sets as a kid, I was mainly City and Space!)

I didn't have the set either, but did have 6020 Magic Shop - and still do. But that wasn't as a kid. I was already an AFOL by then. Like you, I had lots of Space as a kid, but no Castle sets.

...but my collection now includes a lot of wizards...

13305820205_f5a7eb3d04_n.jpg

Wizards by andhe :-), on Flickr

As a collector of fantasy minifigs, that picture makes my heart sing! :wub: A fantastic line-up in every sense. Are the wizards with short legs and BF beards dwarf wizards?

How lovely I would really like to buy a set like this! There is a few clever details in there, well done again.

Fantastic little vignette! :thumbup: I always loved the mages with their huge hats. This is a very nice rendition of a workshop! I especially love all those cluttered boards and how busy the scene looks!

As an improvement I would try to add some plates and normal tiles to the floor to add some variety - maybe even some in different colors, surely some of the experiments must have gone wrong :laugh: