ummester

Gilded Crow - 22 Gun Galleon

I got some canvas paper - but I don't think it is True canvas - it comes up very white compared to the calico.

What I like about it is that it is much easier to work and holds a billowed shape really well. I think the treated calico looks nicer, however. I'll post some photos of the difference eventually.

I'll probably end up combining the techniques - setting up all the sails on canvas paper first and then gluing a piece of printed calico on top. Now that I have seen the upside and downside to both, I want to achieve both upsides :) This will allow me to just use a piece of larger card to mount the main course printed on calico.

A general sail question for the ships experts out there.

I have designed the Crow with 2 sails on the foremast, 3 on the main mast and both a square rig and mizzen sail on the mizzen mast. Did any true to life galleons get built like this? Most pictures I can find show an equal number of sails on the fore mast and main mast.

Edited by ummester

I realized the the standard anchor pieces were way too small for the size of the Crow, so made some with left over parts. Here's a shot of them and some other piratical LEGO things, to add detail to the Crow - believe it or not, there are around 90 pieces in this tiny lot.

QRsrNg3.jpg

Edited by ummester

Once again... amazing job!

The sail are also quite impressive... congratulations!!

I could use your help for my project... starting to lose my patience...pir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif

I'm very close to posting the completed images for this project. I will start a new thread with the final images and leave this as a WIP thread.

Sails and rigging have taken me longer than expected pir_wacko.gif

If you want specific LDD shots of anything from the build Hook, just ask and I will post them in this thread. The LDD file(s) are still different to the final model, so there is no point posting them yet.

Edited by ummester

Is there a status update available? Did you manage the sails and is there maybe an ldd available at this point?

2 hours ago, tetetefififi said:

Great Galleon, one of the prettiest ships I've seen in a long time.

Would it be possible to have access to the instructions?

tetetefififi

Please don't bump really old topics like this.  MOC topics do date, and this type of topic bumping is against Site Guidelines. For more information see Revisiting old topic (Bumping).