B Rick

[MOC] Ecto-1 Ghostbusters (Ex hearse/Icecream truck) Monster Fighters

I've added new foto's of my Ghostbusters headquarters addition! (11-3-2014)

ecto_21a.jpg

ecto_12_a.jpg

ecto_14_a.jpg

ecto_15_a.jpg

I've made some alterations to the hearse. Mostly on the tailfin area. The red from the fins isn't touching the rearlights anymore. Also the equipment on the roof is slightly different. It sort of 'belongs' ther now as opposed to be just an 'add-on' like before. I've also made it structurally better. (see post #2)

Edited by B Rick

These are older pics. The way the Ecto 1 first turned out:

moc_ecto_1a.jpg

This afternoon I felt like building the Ghostbusters Ecto-1from my 7 stud icecream truck/hearse. As the Ecto-1 in the movie actually was a hearse...

(logos are supernatural photoshoptrickery) Mind you, this is ofcourse my own rendition. A bit stylistic in design without all the details that would break up the original simple lines of the car.

Although, now that I see the photo's I think I could do a better job with the fins... I guess setting them a plate (or two) higher and making the red start with one plate height and discard the unnescesary cheesslope...

moc_ecto_3a.jpg

moc_ecto_2a.jpg

moc_ecto_4.jpg

moc_ecto_5a.jpg

^ The Ecto-1 next to my original 7 stud design (based on the Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse)

moc_ecto_6a.jpg

moc_ecto_7a.jpg

^ Some scenery shots. The Ecto-1 feels right at home in front of Phantom Manor...

I love it! Looks exactly like the real Ecto-1. Well done.

'exectly' huh... I guess I must have done something wrong. ;-)

Thanks!

Edited by B Rick

Oh... So this is the forum for where my little Monster Fighters MOC would go.

(I cannibalized my two 40076 polybags towards a different build and made a plane out of the remainders.)

Edited by rollermonkey

Oh... So this is the forum for where my little Monster Fighters MOC would go.

(I cannibalized my two 40076 polybags towards a different build and made a plane out of the remainders.)

Yes, that is... In the 'action theme' forum. So show us. :-)

As amazingly cool as this is, I think it will get a more appreciative audience Licensed since the Cuusoo release.

That is a spiffy build mind you.

As amazingly cool as this is, I think it will get a more appreciative audience Licensed since the Cuusoo release.

That is a spiffy build mind you.

Thanks!

I think... What happened to (settings of) this thread?

(It now has an arrow instead of a 1x1 brick 'read/unread' and zero views?)

Edit: Never mind... I notice the thread has been moved to 'Licensed'. Thanks!

Edited by B Rick

*oh2* ! That's awesome! So much detail in such a small build! Awesome!

Hahah, thanks! I do have to tell you that I have made some improvements. It has a stronger structure, and I rearranged the roofdetails. I also put the red fins a plate higher. It still looks the same, but it's much more refined... ;-) and it's not finished yet. I'm halfway of changing all the glass into transluscent blue. And damn, that does look good.

Stay tuned...

Edited by B Rick

Haha thanks! This Ecto 1 is just a variation on my hearse. I think a succesfull one, in a cartoony kinda way :)

I've slightly modified my Ecto 1. Especially in the tailfin area and the roof equipment. And finally found some time to do some proper photography...

ecto_12_a.jpg

More pics in the first post!

Recently found the time to build a Ghostbusters HQ facade. It started out as a complete building, but after doing just the first floor, I decided that it would become way to big... I don't have too much bricks so I went for the just a facade that I could combine with my other 'big city movie moc': My 1966 Batman set. It is connected with hinges so you can open it like a dollhouse to get a front and back, or just the front with the two buildings side by side. In the meantime I mocked up another movie moc facade: The Bluesbrothers Orphanage which is still very much a wip...

ecto_21a.jpg

ecto_20a.jpg

ecto_22a.jpg

Sneakpeek WIP: 1966 Batman - Ghostbusters HQ - Bluesbrothers Orphanage

ecto_25a.jpg

Edited by B Rick

I am going to have to change the lights on mine to the same as this. Although I feel they could be a plate bigger.

Edited by Krikkit

Looks cool :classic:

Very regonizeble too. Looks a bit like caricature, nice creation

ps... is that a Batmobile, with limegreen stripes?

That's a mighty cute hotrod-esque take on the car and a slick facade of the HQ building. I really like the hearse version with the chrome gold trim. It helps the car "pop" a bit more.

i think i'm gonna have to have a bash at this one as well lol

i done a white ''hearse'' when you took it to bits a got me pics the last time so hopefully it's just a couple of mods on the outside...but then again ?

you said you have made it more stable ?? updated the running gear ??

would be nice to see that bit if poss

many thanks for your pics and giving us some inspiration to copy you lol

Nice! Where can i see more of the bluesbrothers car and facade?

The Bluesbrothers facade came out pretty disapointing. The movie just hasn't got a building that fits this build. A could only think of the Church and the Orphanage. The latter I did build, but came out very bland. I am however very sattisfied with the Bluesmobile. The you see here is just a mock up: My Deathproof Dodge Charger in Police-trim. The Bluesmobile I've build is patterned after the right Dodge Monaco. I have it for a long time now, but only recently got hold on some right mini-fig parts, so I have two brothers instead of just only one...

That's a mighty cute hotrod-esque take on the car and a slick facade of the HQ building. I really like the hearse version with the chrome gold trim. It helps the car "pop" a bit more.

Thanks! The hearse is a smaller variation of the Vampyre Hearse from the Monster Fighters theme. I have a thread on this one also somewhere. See link to 'all' my builds'.

i think i'm gonna have to have a bash at this one as well lol

i done a white ''hearse'' when you took it to bits a got me pics the last time so hopefully it's just a couple of mods on the outside...but then again ?

you said you have made it more stable ?? updated the running gear ??

would be nice to see that bit if poss

many thanks for your pics and giving us some inspiration to copy you lol

Ah thanks, can't remember. I think you have the pics with the improvements I have made.